Moviebattles II V1.5.3 Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.5.3 Update
CHANGELOG
General

• Fix: Fixed several Mac client crashes.
  • Removed: Seasonal Maps are disabled
Saber
  • Change: Damage multipliers cleaned up to the following:
    • If defender is hit in a startup of their swing, they take 1.2x damage (holding block has no change)
    • Otherwise, if defender is attacking, they take 1.1x damage if holding block, otherwise 1.2x
    • Lastly, if defender isn't attacking, they take 1.0x damage while holding block, otherwise 1.3x
  • Change:Separate modifiers intended for swingblocking/running/walking/other stuff all normalized to 1.0x
  • Change: Saber Defense 1 multiplier reduced from 1.4x to 1.2x
  • Fix: Counter swings are no longer instant
  • Removed: BP Regen on PB removed.
Launcher
  • Fix: Anti-Cheat will function correctly after first install without requiring a launcher restart.
  • Fix: The patcher will no longer stall if it cannot connect to the update servers.
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
MBAssets4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:
mb2_logo_1.png

V1.5.3 Update
CHANGELOG
General

• Fix: Fixed several Mac client crashes.
  • Removed: Seasonal Maps are disabled
Saber
  • Change: Damage multipliers cleaned up to the following:
    • If defender is hit in a startup of their swing, they take 1.2x damage (holding block has no change)
    • Otherwise, if defender is attacking, they take 1.1x damage if holding block, otherwise 1.2x
    • Lastly, if defender isn't attacking, they take 1.0x damage while holding block, otherwise 1.3x
  • Change:Separate modifiers intended for swingblocking/running/walking/other stuff all normalized to 1.0x
  • Change: Saber Defense 1 multiplier reduced from 1.4x to 1.2x
  • Fix: Counter swings are no longer instant
  • Removed: BP Regen on PB removed.
Launcher
  • Fix: Anti-Cheat will function correctly after first install without requiring a launcher restart.
  • Fix: The patcher will no longer stall if it cannot connect to the update servers.
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
MBAssets4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

a surprise to be sure... but a welcome one ! :p

Fix: Anti-Cheat will function correctly after first install without requiring a launcher restart.

Someone broke the Anti Cheat and sent it to the production. Amazing.

Everyone is being kicked for "
Game running unrecognized protocols!". Except for me, cuz I don't use the launcher(I'm Ubuntu-user).

I had to disable g_AntiCheat on my servers to allow players to play.

Last edited:

TeKilla

Donator

Someone broke the Anti Cheat and sent it to the production. Amazing.

Everyone is being kicked for "
Game running unrecognized protocols!". Except for me, cuz I don't use the launcher(I'm Ubuntu-user).

I had to disable g_AntiCheat on my servers to allow players to play.

I confirm that anticheat is doing the same on my openjk server

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Good for removing the insta-counter thing, but now it's impossible to perform a simple parrying...
Parrying hasn't changed at all so it shouldnt be any harder to do
edit: Pepito is right, parrying cancels out for some reason most of the time

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
About time you got this out. I hope it's working correctly.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Wait, did my defence 1 just get buffed? 1.2 x sounds like there is only little difference between lvl1 and lvl2 when it comes to dueling, especially if old defense 1 was 1.4 x

I can't open up console ingame it just freezes and I can't see servers. Did you add something to prevent non retail versions of jka or is my client just fucked up?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Wait, did my defence 1 just get buffed? 1.2 x sounds like there is only little difference between lvl1 and lvl2 when it comes to dueling, especially if old defense 1 was 1.4 x

Yes, I wanted it to be more utilized in open mode without being super gimped in saber vs saber. 1.2x is like every bodyhit is an interrupt, it's definitely a disadvantage vs 1.0x but now skill can overcome more and you can play a def 1 force heavy build without being completely useless in 1v1. I think 1.4x is too much, especially with BP regen on PB removed.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I was against that and will change it back if i get the chance. It certainly is too much of a buff given how it's half the point cost, and too inconsistent with the 1.6x FP drain vs guns that def 1 has.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I was against that and will change it back if i get the chance. It certainly is too much of a buff given how it's half the point cost, and too inconsistent with the 1.6x FP drain vs guns that def 1 has.

Yeah, but you also ruined dueling for almost a year and I hope you don't get to change it back. Maybe if it's too much it can be at 1.3 or 1.25 but certainly with the removal of bp regen on pb it needs to be changed from 1.4 to something lower, otherwise it's a complete dud in any saber fight. Better to enable more ppl to run diverse builds and have fun with force powers. If u lock them into getting def 2 or be useless in saber vs saber, nobody is gonna play def 1.

Ah cheers bro, my launcher had the jamp client setup as engine everything went to default after update.

Hey cool, updates. How about fixing flinch so saberists aren't so stupid over powered? But of course all you guys care about is dueling so this will never be addressed.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@SeV well I guess it makes sense if pb receiving bp was removed. I am not particularly good dueler but I dont have that much hard time using def1 in public. Just dont buff it too much so that you increase the point cost which results in ruining all the fun force heavy def1 builds.