[Minor buff] Wookiee Charge

It came to my attention after a few discussions and testing that Wookiee charge is entirely negated [except for damage] by crouching. This to me seems sort of silly, given that the ability is inherently hard to land due to it's predictable path, combined with the slow movement of the wookiee itself. [Comparison to speed lunge, 5x+ the distance and 3x+ the speed, also instant kill]

I firmly believe that if a wookiee actually lands this ability, they should be rewarded with a knockdown, period. The fact that a wookiee is just outright shafted by a crouching Sith seems off. I do really feel that wookiees [in the sniper/jedi meta of NA] are in need of something that gives them a real reward for landing their key ability in the rage kit.

Not to mention wookiees via lore [don't kill me for realism vs balance, i started balance first but still feel the need to mention this!!!] are like 800 pound balls of muscle that tear off limbs if they get ahold of you. I don't think crouching is going to stop you from getting your butt flung across the room by them.

If it's not feasible to allow it on the non-rage charge, at least provide it to the rage charge. Though in my eyes I'd give it to both, since it works on the gameplay design they're meant to have, brutal upclose beaters... Except they're really not that brutal up close.

Last edited:
that's an interesting idea, never considered it before
since a saberist can instakill a wook, decreasing hp doesn't weaken it much,
but gives 15 more points to spend on charge/nades/ammo/whatever helps against saberists

i was blinded, and at last i saw
spending most points to increase health/shields weakens the player,
by blocking him from using more powerful class builds and feeding him with the feeling of false safety

Sorry if these seems stupid of me to ask, but is that sarcasm or genuinity?
I've been dealing with people the past week, and its just getting harder to tell the difference between the two for me.
Because every-time I think its genuine, its just sarcasm. Thankfully chaotic makes his obvious.

Thank you very much.

It won't work against even a medicore jedi - unless he is totally pathetic, you won't kill a thing with it (and yes, AOD is not good place to judge average saberist's skill ;) )

I beat a sniper to death with pimp slamps, and beaten some jedi to death. It does work but holy shit is it hard. Thank god pandemonium is there for me to try this shit with no consequences of hurting the team.

It came to my attention after a few discussions and testing that Wookiee charge is entirely negated [except for damage] by crouching. This to me seems sort of silly, given that the ability is inherently hard to land due to it's predictable path, combined with the slow movement of the wookiee itself. [Comparison to speed lunge, 5x+ the distance and 3x+ the speed, also instant kill]

I firmly believe that if a wookiee actually lands this ability, they should be rewarded with a knockdown, period. The fact that a wookiee is just outright shafted by a crouching Sith seems off. I do really feel that wookiees [in the sniper/jedi meta of NA] are in need of something that gives them a real reward for landing their key ability in the rage kit.

Not to mention wookiees via lore [don't kill me for realism vs balance, i started balance first but still feel the need to mention this!!!] are like 800 pound balls of muscle that tear off limbs if they get ahold of you. I don't think crouching is going to stop you from getting your butt flung across the room by them.

If it's not feasible to allow it on the non-rage charge, at least provide it to the rage charge. Though in my eyes I'd give it to both, since it works on the gameplay design they're meant to have, brutal upclose beaters... Except they're really not that brutal up close.

I was legitimately scared to click this thread at first, but I'm glad i did. I actually agree with this idea under the same idea that it is predictable. To those that think this would make it imbalanced I disagree it is currently and still will be the best way to avoid the barge is to just side step it.

Phelps

Donator
I'm not entirely sold, but even I must admit, that side step is a good way to avoid the barge.
But as I said, I am still not sold, from what I have seen through playing this game since barge was added, my opinion remains unchanged.
But hey, truth be told, not playing that much in the open since I came back.

I firmly believe that if a wookiee actually lands this ability, they should be rewarded with a knockdown, period.

This is a death sentence to SBDs. Literally, their only counter is crouching vs Wookiees. The minute they stand up, they get slapped down and beat to death. Considering the Cortorsis nerf they received, this should be taken into consideration. Not to mention, the charge has such a fast cooldown they you could pretty much keep doing this until the SBD was dead.

I know the main topic was vs sith, but we should look at how it would affect other classes as well. If you want the Wookiee to be able to not get insta-killed by red, it would make more sense to have it so that they have a cortorsis type affect on the last tier of strength.

This is a death sentence to SBDs. Literally, their only counter is crouching vs Wookiees. The minute they stand up, they get slapped down and beat to death. Considering the Cortorsis nerf they received, this should be taken into consideration. Not to mention, the charge has such a fast cooldown they you could pretty much keep doing this until the SBD was dead.

I know the main topic was vs sith, but we should look at how it would affect other classes as well. If you want the Wookiee to be able to not get insta-killed by red, it would make more sense to have it so that they have a cortorsis type affect on the last tier of strength.

Fully agree that this really destroys SBD, as has been mentioned a SBD exclusive nullification of this effect would be in order.

Didn't hull 3 used to negate wookiee slap?

Tweak the points or make it part of the heavy armor make-up and its bueno.

Lulz.
Switching to a weapon the class has on a default build is not the same as switching to a different class entirely.
http://blocked_domain/jagdpi.png Here is an image to prove this
It's simply using a different tool in your tool box, hammers work better than wrenches when dealing with nails does it not? Why does the wrench need to work like a hammer too?

Thank you for proving my point, I would open your build sheet and invest points under patience.
It's very good when dealing with people you consider stupid.

This is what I meant when you did not provide an argument, believing in risk versus reward is not an argument but a view point and a opinion.

And the opinion is that its easy to kill wookies because you can crouch.
Which is false a opinion, A wookie that uses a gun makes the crouching irrelevant, and this is a fact.
Not once have you provided evidence to support your argument or disprove that fact.

Instead you proved people play the class wrong frequently and you want to reward them for doing so. Relying on melee only is poor a decision if you don't have the team to properly support your build, and I don't see this happening outside of a competitive game like a scrim or some shit. Making this a viable build in pub games is another discussion in itself, and stretches far beyond one skill.

You can have a level 2 bow-caster if you pull one point from your hp. You can still have strength 3, and fury 2. The 3rd point in health is worth 15 points, and you have 8 points left on the default build.
You can buy fury 1 and 2 which is 17 points in total.
http://blocked_domain/qrnmmu.png
The difference between the usual rage build is that you have 300 hp instead of 400 and a level 2 bow-caster.

If crouching stops the wookie entirely, then there is a problem. However it doesn't, stop trying to shoulder barge a crouched opponent and just shoot him. Stop hammering nails with a wrench and complaining it doesn't work. Use your level 0 pistol if you have too. It will make them stop crouching and advance then making him viable to charge. It is very easy to shoot crouched opponents and a level 0 pistol will work in this instance especially against gunners and if you aim for the head that is if you must insist on pure melee build. You cant remove the pistol regardless of build so don't even suggest this is a kin to switching classes. Just use the tiny hammer if you come across a nail.

You want to make it easier for wookies to kill people, when they are walking tanks to begin with. They don't need that specific tweak. If you actually provide good points, I am willing to side with you but all you have done is provide opinions and sarcasm.

Now im going to arm chair game dev here for a moment so don't take this seriously at all.
Instead of the charge getting tweaked to hit crouching opponets, why not let the wookie arm charge without switching to his fists. He can press his special 2 bind at any given moment regardless what hes holding, this will make the wookie more unpredictable because its easy to read a wookie when hes going to charge you because hes needs his fists out in order to do it. If the charge works regardless of whats equip (still need fury 2) this can give the edge the wookie needs without eliminating the crouching situation. Infact I think the wookie would look cool if he charged a sith and hit him with the butt of his bow-caster. Then shooting the sith while hes prone on the ground.

Nope.

Very classy, that proves to me your not worth replying too in future and I should just ignore your input as you ignored mine. Because god forbid you add onto the discussion instead of snide remarks and sarcasm.

Last edited:
Get over yourself. I already repeated myself way too many times. If you don't get it, you don't get it. Stop hijacking this thread with garbage.:rolleyes: