Maybe...just...Maybe?

is it only me who wants to see Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Saber Style?
Ahsoka tano, Starkiller and Some other Jedi within the Universe Wielded this saber style.
you are probably thinking
"this is going to be terrible, how are you suppose to block?"

well if you think about it, you can simply have the block animation like this
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Starkiller Dark Skin Aswell as the saber
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

It would be cool seeing more and more characters and skins added, would make the game more fun in my opinion.
Starkiller is just one example for those who are a fan of the franchise as me.
Adding HK-47 Would also be awesome as a Bounty Hunter.
And so forth!

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sure, as long as you program whole animation set for this style (that doesn't look like crap).

BTW, in Full authentic, we have certain characters made to look like using this style. they're basically doing staff animation, with half of the staff off.

Sure, as long as you program whole animation set for this style (that doesn't look like crap).

BTW, in Full authentic, we have certain characters made to look like using this style. they're basically doing staff animation, with half of the staff off.

I have 0 Clue how to Program the animations, although there are a couple of mods out there that probably already have the animations done.
id love to see hk-47 Skin, but to no luck i am not able to find one..nor i know how to make one.
Getting Voice Lines is no problem since i know where to get them how to record and compile into needed files.
Ill do a bit of research for skins id love to see in the game.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
id love to see hk-47 Skin, but to no luck i am not able to find one..nor i know how to make one.
We already have enough topics about HK-47, and TWO of them made by YOU. Don't you even read replies in your owns threads? ;)
HK-47 Sith Bounty Hunter | Movie Battles II Community
HK-47 Bounty Hunter Skin | Movie Battles II Community
HK-47 | Movie Battles II Community
Tompa´s Replacement pack V5.1 (TFA, Rebels, Clone Wars and more...) | Movie Battles II Community
News models to come ? | Page 2 | Movie Battles II Community

I've Managed to find Good Looking skins
of course its not up to me if they get put in the game (which would be amazing)
but here they are, i will include download links

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - Starkiller (lord) Lord Starkiller SP addon

Jedi wookies? Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Chewy in Jedi robes addon

So i have! thnx for reminding me. sadly no hk skin to be found, i cry ;c

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
sadly no hk skin to be found, i cry ;c
In the description of Tompa's pack it said that pack *has* that skin o_O
well if you think about it, you can simply have the block animation like this
I have 0 Clue how to Program the animations
@Master Aion:

Hey all,

Been playing on and off since B17, curious to know what you are looking for in terms of developers.

Regards,

Aion
======

@Supa:

Always. We have an application section, just make sure and read all of the guidelines before posting your application!

Currently looking for everything, from programmers to modelers to level designers.
======
@Helix:

And animators! If you are an animator -> insta-accept.
======
Link: MBII needs developers? | Movie Battles II Community

@Princess Dymbesh:

Will the next patch give block animations to the sabersystem? <3
And if not why?
======
@Supa:

Because animations don't grow on trees. If they don't exist, someone has to make them.
======
Link: Block Animations | Movie Battles II Community

EDIT:
Yes, it *does* include HK-47 skin.
Please, even if you don't use forums' search to find replies send to other people's threads, pay attention to what has been posted to your own topics, at least. :)

00e205852737.jpg

b9b51cb1b3b7.jpg

d671276aff9e.jpg

f456e6b41cb8.jpg

Last edited:

@Master Aion:

Hey all,

Been playing on and off since B17, curious to know what you are looking for in terms of developers.

Regards,

Aion
======

@Supa:

Always. We have an application section, just make sure and read all of the guidelines before posting your application!

Currently looking for everything, from programmers to modelers to level designers.
======
@Helix:

And animators! If you are an animator -> insta-accept.
======
Link: MBII needs developers? | Movie Battles II Community

@Princess Dymbesh:

Will the next patch give block animations to the sabersystem? <3
And if not why?
======
@Supa:

Because animations don't grow on trees. If they don't exist, someone has to make them.
======
Link: Block Animations | Movie Battles II Community

EDIT:

Yes, it *does* include HK-47 skin.
Please, even if you don't use forums' search to find replies send to other people's threads, pay attention to what has been posted to your own topics, at least. :)

00e205852737.jpg

b9b51cb1b3b7.jpg

d671276aff9e.jpg

f456e6b41cb8.jpg

Im not usually able to find posts that easily since im sort of new to the forum

thank you for giving me the link, im very happy to see many awesome player models, and hopefully they get added, if need be, i can provide Voice lines

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
and hopefully they get added
This is not likely going to happen.

Once again, if you read threads by links I've provided, you'll see that at first, devs refused to include that model reasoning "ported model = legal issues".
After that, bunch of people, myself including, as well as some developers, have pointed out that the argument is invalid, other cause was brought: the existing model was called not good enough and looking ugly.

From my point of view, there is no visual problems with that skin. I suppose it isn't even a real reason of ignoring the model we're talking about, and devs don't want to reveal a real one.
The only thing that could be a valid argument for not adding that skin to MBII is that it causes game crashes or serious performance degradation.
I don't know does it actually happen or not, but judging on the skin is including to Tompa's pack, which have been tested by some number of mb2 players, I believe the model is ok.

So my suggestion is: if you want to have HK-47 model in Movie Battles II, just download and use Tompa's pack.

This is not likely going to happen.

Once again, if you read threads by links I've provided, you'll see that at first, devs refused to include that model reasoning "ported model = legal issues".
After that, bunch of people, myself including, as well as some developers, have pointed out that the argument is invalid, other cause was brought: the existing model was called not good enough and looking ugly.

From my point of view, there is no visual problems with that skin. I suppose it isn't even a real reason of ignoring the model we're talking about, and devs don't want to reveal a real one.
The only thing that could be a valid argument for not adding that skin to MBII is that it causes game crashes or serious performance degradation.
I don't know does it actually happen or not, but judging on the skin is including to Tompa's pack, which have been tested by some number of mb2 players, I believe the model is ok.

So my suggestion is: if you want to have HK-47 model in Movie Battles II, just download and use Tompa's pack.

Yeah, but then who will hear me saying "Stay down meatbag!" or "Meatbag Assassinated"
:c

Yeah, but then who will hear me saying "Stay down meatbag!" or "Meatbag Assassinated"
:c
If you want that model in the game, you need to make a new thread about it every month.
And make sure your friends make thier HK-47 threads as well.

Eventually somebody will break on thier team and just add the model.
Just keep trying man.

If you want that model in the game, you need to make a new thread about it every month.
And make sure your friends make thier HK-47 threads as well.

Eventually somebody will break on thier team and just add the model.
Just keep trying man.

cant tell if serious
either way ill do it.
(EleGiggle)

Yeah, adding a few extra models/skins would rejuvenate the game and add a little more freshness. What is actually stopping the devs (I guess) from implementing new models. I would love having Anakin from clone wars in the reb side >:D I know there are packs which have the model in them, but it would be cooler imo if everyone could see them, not just the ppl using the pack. Also packs can be a little bit buggy ;p

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
There is definite limit to the number of models that we can have available to selection in-game at any given time (at least until/if we drop - at some undefined time in future - jamp.exe compatibility and switch to our own fork of OpenJK + fix the limitation in engine). This is the reason why every major release, some good models go away, making place for some unused ones.

Cheers,
/Cat Lady

Ion

There is definite limit to the number of models that we can have available to selection in-game at any given time (at least until/if we drop - at some undefined time in future - jamp.exe compatibility and switch to our own fork of OpenJK + fix the limitation in engine). This is the reason why every major release, some good models go away, making place for some unused ones.

Cheers,
/Cat Lady
I'm curious, what is the reason for still having jamp.exe? For me, that way to launch the game sometimes causes issues anyways.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Last edited:
I think that once openJK has better stability and optimization, hopefully and eventually MBII can be purely switched to it. But for now I agree, MBII should remain with jamp compatibility.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I could add something about this whole HK-47 situation.
IMHO this model still might be worth to include.

As I said before, "legal issues" argument is invalid.
Now about quality of design: is there anybody who can say that skin is ugly and looking too bad for Movie Battles? Maybe it's just my horrible taste, but I see nothing bad in this model.

But let's pretend it's really slightly worse than average mb2 skin. Why do we should be so anxious about number of polygons model has and ignore anything else, like attraction of an character for players?
I mean, there are already enough models for bounty hunter, 19, it's 4-th place among 14 classes. But if we look at those models, an question might be brought: are they really more valuable than HK-47?

4007538d754c.jpg

After all, who are all these guys? Do people actually want to keep each and every of them?
If some players wants that KOTOR droid so badly, maybe it should be given to the people, despite it has 3 polygons less than some brown alien?

There is no serious competition between bounty hunter characters, unlike jedi, sith and heroes, which have a numerous great prototypes in SW universe.
If one is to understand what models are best for mb2, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of somebody who judging skins *only* by their graphical supremacy.

Sometimes it is better to add a feature that is implemented by only to 6/10 but wanted by customers by 9/10, than keeping the one that is implemented by 10/10 and favorite 4/10.
cant tell if serious
either way ill do it.
(EleGiggle)
It shouldn't be series, spamming forum with duplicate threads may be punished.

Last edited: