MapReview Blacony Dotf xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karus

Donator
Infraction: Flaming
Which is not entirely your fault I might add ^
You would be correct, if my reasoning didn't make sense in some way, or was not industry standard practice, or a practice we in the team did for years with zero contest. Instead, in this case you used it as an attempt to discredit me and make a bad argument because those things I listed are true, and are actual reasons that make logical sense. Which turns it into an attack. Calling me retarded off of the back of that, like you just did, is based on emotion rather than logic. Which you continue to not follow while simultaneously tell me that how I am handling this is wrong despite being consistent with not only myself but other developers for the last 16+ years. Sorry mate, that's you.

You haven't been capable, thus far, of saying why I am retarded, or why my logic didn't make sense, or combat the things I have said, other than to just say things like "this is a mod not a game" which is not even an argument you can make at this point, especially with how much we have deviated from basejka and it minimizes all we have done to make a point. And plus anyway, mods should be treated just like games are. You just keep saying that I am those things, without an argument to back that up.
I literally just told you about 3 times why I think you're retarded
You took a map away for almost 2 years and refused to give it back to the players who wanted it
And when they decided that they didn't like your course of action you call them entitled
That is exactly why you are retarded
Better yet, the fact you can't even UNDERSTAND/ACKNOWLEDGE my argument just enforces my point of view about you
AND I don't even care about the fucking map in the first place, I'm literally just arguing for the sake of the both you and the community, attempting to point out what exactly has gone wrong and what we can do to patch it up a bit.
And okay, let's say this is a game, not a mod. It's still a small community. And non profit. So it changes nothing really
Also, you have to attempt to understand that just because YOU think something is plausible/logical, doesn't mean it is.
I think you have been cooped up inside an MB2 developer thinktank for far too long and a break is certainly required.
Get some time for yourself and get away from the community, if possible. I honestly think it will help you and everyone else to see things from a fresher perspective.
And just to add, yes; I understand 16+ years+ of consistency is very hard to pull off. That's exactly why it's falling apart now.
Energy drained, community dislikes you, man. It's tough, I get it.
But you don't owe the world shit, if you have truly lost motivation; leave. That's it. Who cares what the community says. They've battered you enough already.

Karus

Donator
This thread got busy fast, but way off point targeting individuals.

I would like a balcony version re-added as the classic version as well, it is different enough from the current dotf and the more options the merrier, also hype that Linds is picking it up. But working on for free on a project (even one you love) is hard work while also trying to fulfil the other aspects of ones life - no matter how small the task might be. You'd think that goes without saying...

I've done one tiny map, and several smaller tweaks to others and even working on these small projects can take a ton of initial effort to get started on the motivation train. Especially when maps aren't the only thing you are actively involved in with the mod. I can easily go weeks, months and recently a year without touching a single thing, despite me allocating time and booting up gtkradient - It is very easy to not be in the mood to work on something else after everything else you have done/want do to in the day and that is before coming to the forums.
And we understand that. We all know just how much time and effort has/still goes into this mod. Might not seem like it, but the majority of us do appreciate it.
What we don't appreciate is martyrdom. Or at least, I don't.
It's fucking irritating and bullshit.
If you have no motivation, let someone fill your shoes.
If nobody can, who gives a shit.
'Tis a non-profit project after all, as you mentioned.
Let it crumble or be a bigman and carry it on.
If I could personally help I would, and I did message Mace on Discord about a month ago, explaining that I'd love to be a part of the team if possible, despite lacking experience/knowledge in many fields. Anything I could do to help, I would definitely be willing to do.
So trust me, I'm not a total cunt. But I'm still not perfect. But I can definitely see why the community is so flared up right now.
It's just a shame the majority of you guys can't.
I believe that's where the true issue lies.

Yeah cause obviously reason isn't working, a lot of those nerds made those threads TWO YEARS ago with constructive criticism.

but guess what, mace is still demotivated! no release guys!

Plus it's not my fault that he can't take an angry guy's insults online on a star wars mod's forums.
mace needs to heal from his wounds

You act like I don't already understand all that. But what am I to do to stop everyone from insulting him so I can get my favorite fucking map back?

I'll say it one more time, all I want is Mace to have thicker skin, ignore the insults, and drop his stupid reasoning to not release the map.
exactly lol

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
50 warning points for this man

Actually just the two for flaming.

Since Lindsey has said he will take it on, it will get done and released in due course. Flaming and bating will certainly not accelerate that time table. In fact, keep in mind every moment one of us is on here trying to explain the situation to you is a moment when we are not doing any development. Communication and interaction with the community is always welcome, but constantly going over the same old ground takes away from useful development time. Ask for an update by all means, but the answer you get is the answer you get - no amount of name calling is going to change that.

Fang

Donator
realistically it sounds like the flaming got what they wanted. just flame more and get what you want easily kek - logic

also i dont really care about getting this map back in or not anyway since aod was mentioned, gimme some of that fresh content instead ok love you

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
Actually just the two for flaming.

Since Lindsey has said he will take it on, it will get done and released in due course. Flaming and bating will certainly not accelerate that time table. In fact, keep in mind every moment one of us is on here trying to explain the situation to you is a moment when we are not doing any development. Communication and interaction with the community is always welcome, but constantly going over the same old ground takes away from useful development time. Ask for an update by all means, but the answer you get is the answer you get - no amount of name calling is going to change that.
Flaming. Really?

realistically it sounds like the flaming got what they wanted. just flame more and get what you want easily kek - logic

also i dont really care about getting this map back in or not anyway since aod was mentioned, gimme some of that fresh content instead ok love you
Let's just disregard opposing arguements as flaming I guess?
I clearly stated that if Mace was offended I'd redact my statement (remove the word "retard").
I don't think he was because he didn't say he was.
But apologies for attempting to be reasonable.

FYI, I feel offended because Mace called me illogical; implying I am stupid.
Could we please issue him with 2 warning points for flaming also?

Fang

Donator
ah i speak my mind i have no care for both sides or taking sides here

im realistically saying, if you had to consistently argue about ANYTHING all the time would you not want to take a bullet to the brain.

Last edited:
ah i speak my mind i have no care for both sides or taking sides here

im realistically saying, if you had to consistently argue about ANYTHING all the time would you not want to take a bullet to the brain.

wow what a centralist god

Dogpoop

Banned
I see foggy still doesn't understand basic English, particularly the part where I mentioned INCORRECT textures, or incorrectly scaled textures... not missing. So flying around the map at warp speed does not allow you to see those differences. Yes, missing textures are easy to spot, but I specifically said it was NOT that.

Oh, and some basic critical thinking skills are also necessary, where you need to check the current regular dotf as well... because they're sharing the same textures. Some of which were overwritten or changed slightly for the updated version, and dropping the old stuff in would overwrite it. There is a particular problem with the two button textures on the sides of the big door to gen where they become scaled incorrectly after recompile if you're using the wrong texture/shader combo and you don't notice. This isn't something you're going to magically spot flying around at warp speed, or know about without having dealt with the maps for a long time.

Having a debate in bad faith, makes me want to update it less. So good fucking job.

It's pretty funny how a fucking retard with autism is trying to school people on critical thinking. Did you learn those new words in special ed you detriment to society. Too bad natural selection isnt as prevalent as it once was or your drooling autistic ass wouldve been 6 feet under by now. Glad to see the decisions for this game are being made by an inferior human now who clearly is trying to play dictator by not bringing back what people want for little to no reason. Get lost already you pea brained cancer.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It's pretty funny how a fucking retard with autism is trying to school people on critical thinking. Did you learn those new words in special ed you detriment to society.

I studied mechanical engineering at university and made the deans list several times. critical thinking, problem solving, is literally my forte. You worthless piece of human trash.

Tell me what you have accomplished in your life that is even of remote significance you fucking basement dweller.

Dogpoop

Banned
I studied mechanical engineering at university and made the deans list several times. critical thinking, problem solving, is literally my forte. You worthless piece of human trash.

Tell me what you have accomplished in your life that is even of remote significance you fucking basement dweller.

It's always hilarious when some retard thinks going to college and doing well makes you intelligent. An autist like you proves that it doesnt. Now go touch a powerline you pussy whiner. You lose

Status
Not open for further replies.