Make classic dotf playable again

Status
Not open for further replies.
if these players were so desperate to play on RTV servers they could populate existing servers or host their own. if they want to play on different maps, they can host a server with those maps. it's not rocket science. trying to force an entire community to play the game exactly how you want it to be played makes you sound like a spoiled little child. "Daddy, the mean men won't play the maps I want!!! ))))):"

i pay for [tR]aphouse, which is tR's RTV server. guess what i do when i want to play RTV? i join [tR]aphouse and wait for population to join. i do this a couple of times a week, and it's the only time our RTV server gets populated. it only takes a single person. instead of doing that, these people come to the forums to cry, and to beg the dev team to force the community to play exactly how they want to because they are do lazy to take care of things themselves.

get out of your own ass

i got a warning point for less than that a few days ago. but, ah, yes, i remember now, devs can flame but not us.

Because the players are the people that play on the server. The clue is kinda in the name. Or is your brand of giving power to the players give power to the players as long as they do what I want?

players are also the ones who pay for the server. i care more about giving power to people that are dedicated enough to pay for and administrate their own servers, than people like Iscandar who come out of the woodwork a few times a year to cry that the community doesnt play the game the way they demand them to. as i have said a million times, they have the power to host their own RTV servers and populate them, they are just too lazy (or too poor?) and want the devs to force it to happen for them.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't play on RTV servers because stupid maps get chosen on the regular. Then population disappears on that server and we're back to DOTF and Deathstar 24/7.

I would probably just stop playing if I can't reliably play for more than a few rounds before a map that isn't fun to play gets chosen. It's such a hassle trying to figure out when a good map is being played.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
instead of doing that, these people come to the forums to cry, and to beg the dev team to force the community to play exactly how they want to because they are do lazy to take care of things themselves.

So the same thing I just whined about a few pages ago about people not bothering to download a custom DOTF PK3, and now you're bitching about the same exact problem while telling me I'm wrong? If you have no actual solutions to the problem, just leave the thread. You're literally doing the exact same thing you're complaining about others doing in this thread.

I don't play on RTV servers because stupid maps get chosen on the regular. Then population disappears on that server and we're back to DOTF and Deathstar 24/7.

Servers can limit RTV pool dude... this is a non-issue. You don't need to allow nominations.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Would they limit them, though? Most MB2 players are memers now. Poolday is the ultimate meme map, so of course it would stay in. And guess what, it's a dumb map I don't wanna play on it. It only takes one map to ruin population.

Class balance is also a factor. The classes that are good right now, Jedi/Hero/Sith/BH, dominate those maps, and lack of alternative routes on some maps (even Deathstar is lacking in an alternate route that doesn't fuck you on rebs) makes them pretty meh to play on at best.

Last edited:
So the same thing I just whined about a few pages ago about people not bothering to download a custom DOTF PK3, and now you're bitching about the same exact problem while telling me I'm wrong? If you have no actual solutions to the problem, just leave the thread. You're literally doing the exact same thing you're complaining about others doing in this thread.
forcing a community to manually download a map you are withholding as a result of your hurt feelings isn't quite the same as giving server hosts power, Mace. it's kind of the opposite. i have also complained multiple times that you took it upon yourself to decide that the community doesnt need DotF anymore, for the same reason i am complaining that you guys are talking about forced RTV again. that was a cute strawman attempt, though. try again.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i have also complained multiple times that you took it upon yourself to decide that the community doesnt need DotF anymore..

They've proven they truely don't want it. So no, sorry mate, you're wrong. Its only the vocal 1/20th of the community that wants it. CC managed fine when it was removed, because people truely wanted it. DOTF they clearly dont.

They've proven they truely don't want it. So no, sorry mate, you're wrong. Its only the vocal 1/20th of the community that wants it. CC managed fine when it was removed, because people truely wanted it. DOTF they clearly dont.

yes surely AoD's 24/7 DoTF server going from one of the most played servers to only getting populated a few times a week directly after new DoTF was forced is surely a coincidence. clearly a bunch of people not downloading a map from a random link they found in the serverlist of a 15 year old mod that has a long history of DDoSing, doxxing, and other nefarious things is a better representation of the community's desire to play DoTF. i totally agree

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
DDoSing, doxxing, and other nefarious things is a better representation of the community's desire to play DoTF. i totally agree

Hmm, I wonder who is a part of that and gave it that reputation. No wonder they don't want to do that.

Hmm, I wonder who is a part of that and gave it that reputation. No wonder they don't want to do that.
that history was around long before tR even existed, and it's arguably worse on the EU side of things. or was that russian guy who doxxed some 14 year old and DDoS'ed BG (which was lead by a fucking dev lmao) secretly a big evil tR member too?

I did say part of the problem, not all of it. It has arguably been much worse in recent years since tR started.
either way, when you cant attack the argument, you attack the person making the argument. you learn that shit in freshman debate courses in high school. we're done here.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
either way, when you cant attack the argument, you attack the person making the argument. you learn that shit in freshman debate courses in high school. we're done here.

How is that not attacking the argument? You're the one that brought up the history of the community being toxic and untrustworthy while acting like you're innocent.

How is that not attacking the argument? You're the one that brought up the history of the community being toxic and untrustworthy while acting like you're innocent.
i said that i was pushing for server hosts to have power, and that is why i'm mad DotF was removed. you tried to use people not manually downloading a map as a representation of the community's view on said map, and i replied by saying that i thought the community's 24/7 DoTF server dying was more indicative of the community's view on new DotF.

instead of arguing why you believe that to be untrue, you attacked tR. even now you're saying i was trying to "act innocent", as if i had some ulterior motive. can you quote the post i made that was obviously subversive and meant to cast tR in a positive and innocent light? no, you can't. you are being emotional and subjective, which is why you are resorting to personal attacks. again, if you are unable to debate the argument being made, the easiest cop out is to attack the credibility of the person making the argument. low level debate tactics, Mace.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
. instead of doing that, these people come to the forums to cry
Literally as you are doing now...

than people who come out of the woodwork a few times a year to cry that the community doesnt play the game the way they demand them to. as i have said a million times, they have the power to host their own RTV servers and populate them, they are just too lazy (or too poor?) and want the devs to force it to happen for them.

Literally as you are doing now...

so, coming to the forums to ask devs to force a community-wide change so you can play the game exactly how you want to is the same as asking the dev team to continue to allow the people who pay for the servers to decide what maps are played on them? lol ok

and nice try, but no, i dont want the community to be forced to pay a particular map or rotation by the devs, as you are implying. i want literally the opposite. i want server hosts to be able to host whatever maps they want, with whatever rotation, and for the community to have the power to host or play on whatever map they want to.

you tried, defiant. you really did.

Nobody leaves the game because 'I didn't get to play dotf for 8 hours all of today! waaa!'
They leave because 'This is my only day off for this week. I finally get to play MB2, and oh look, the only 2 populated servers are dotf. Lame. exit game'
Or maybe I'm wrong, because personally the weeks following up to my leave, was exactly the latter.
The best parts of my gameplay were maps like echobase, tatooine, cloud city, or even the weird maps like those CMP or whatever maps made by that weird storm trooper troll guy.

Nobody leaves the game because 'I didn't get to play dotf for 8 hours all of today! waaa!'
They leave because 'This is my only day off for this week. I finally get to play MB2, and oh look, the only 2 populated servers are dotf. Lame. exit game'
perfect example of what I have been saying this entire time. instead of taking intiative and populating or hosting a server that caters to his taste, he demands the devs force community-wide change that impact every single player and serverhost, just so the game is ready and waiting for him exactly how he wants to play, whenever he wants to play it, despite what the people who pay for servers want. again, if he wants to play RTV so desperately he could host his own RTV server, or he could join one of the RTV servers that other community members (like myself) already kindly provide for him to play on. he is a selfish, spoiled, little child, and no more.

Granted traphouse isn't 24/7. But those three quotes tells everyone everything they need to know.
what are you trying to imply? my entire point has been that i want server hosts to have the freedom to host what they want, so that the community can decide for themselves what they want to play on. i have said multiple times that if these people actually wanted to play RTV they would either 1.) populate an existing RTV server or 2.) pay for their own server. i do both. people like blazer do nothing, then show up and cry when the servers they want to play arent populated already.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
instead of arguing why you believe that to be untrue.

I had already argued why that was untrue, 3 times. We've had this happen several times in the past, and evidence as such. When a map gets removed, people download and play. DOTF is the exception to that rule for the last 10 years. People stopped doing it. Your argument for why it was the exception was that the community was toxic untrustworthy, and lazy when that previously wasn't the case. I countered with one of the things that has changed in recent years which helped to gain that perception.

The amount of reports I have gotten in the last few months of tR people going on other severs and mass TKing in order to get people to quit a server shove people to tR servers is more than I have complaints for that particular thing in the past 5 years. You wonder why people won't do what you say they should be doing? Because of your clan mates actions. I am countering your argument with an example of why the thing you says happens happens. Instead of having an actual counter to that, because you don't have one, you fell into the fallacy fallacy trap claiming ad-hominem.

Status
Not open for further replies.