Lt.Claim's workshop

Hello everyone, i must say i'm very happy to finally be able to be back on MB2 forum ! This means i can share once again with you all the ports, frankensteins and retexture i'm working on ! Yes, it's that thread where Lt.Claim show pictures of nice models he has stitched together !

You know, I love MB2 so much i taught myself a certain set a skills for one objective : having all my favorite characters ( read : stormtroopers) in the game ! and while so far it meant a lot of porting i'm happy to announce the really real start of the development of the Claim FA pack i've been teasing for years ! I still have to check the hmm ... legitimacy (?) of my project, but prepare to see your favorite maps get the brilliant FA they deserve, with tons of custom models, weapons and classes that even have the good taste of staying in the Star wars universe !

I know of course making good FAs is REALLY hard, balance-wise, testing-wise, publicity-wise, credit-wise ... But i'll do my best to make my project work !

But don't worry, i won't just bore you with FA specs, i'll post tons of teaser images of the model i've done, just like the old thread. in fact, i'll start right now :

you are probably aware of the new Battlefront game that's coming ? yeah well, let's say i mangaged to get some of their gun model early and jammed them into JKA

yes ! new guns for the boys in white, and even a nice red paint for the "shocktroopers"... more to come !

and if you Looove spoilers, you can check my photobucket to see all the model's i've done in the past and some i'm working on right now !
http://s556.photobucket.com/user/lt_claim/library/

Upvote 0
Wow, i got on MB2's Facebook page ! thanks a lot !
And you're right, while FAs are great project, i should release replacement packs ... I will begin work on 2 different packs , a good old claimpack, with models updated for Open and FAs wih great care given to "authenticity" and continuity and an open Imperial trooper pack like i did last time, replacing every sold and commanders with some of my troopers.

OK, here's the first pack ! it's the Imperial pack, replacing ALL the soldiers and commanders on the "evil" side with imperial stormtroopers of different kinds !
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5p5xc99rcz8cgc5/zz_zzzzimperial.pk3
9i7zkyykm8qi788zg.jpg

Don't like stupid battle droids ? tired of seeing Troopers from the future or the distant past mixing in with your stormies ? Do you find stupid that imperial personnel go to battle in their formal officer uniform , or in pilot jumpsuit ? Well this pack is for you ! Although it is important to note :
THIS PACK IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FULL AUTHENTIC MODE AND SHALL BE USED ONLY FOR OPEN MODE !
If you want a pack to enjoy your FAs, wait a few days for my new "claimpack" !
and as usual, if you find any bugs or have ideas on how to improve the pack, post your feedback on this thread !

Abracadabra ! Resurrection spell !
yes, i resurrect my own thread to bring you some updates an a few goodies ! First of all , sorry for the absence, i know it's not the first time i disapeared , and i'm pretty sure it won't be the last ... But here i am again , with my few projects and many ported models and frankensteins (mostly troopers) i made over the years. Speaking of which, i know pictures are better than words, so here are the latest models i've been working on !
magmatrooper_zpsetww5y4b.jpg

Yes , coming directly from the newest battlefront, it's magmatroopers and that jetpack that it seems all infantry was wearing during the war ! i will make a rebel version of the jetpack and add it to my rebel saboteur to replace the old jetpack i was using ...
but while that's neat, i have something i know i've been wanting for a long time :
darktrooper_zpsnkuiysdi.jpg

Yes ! it is it ! A nice, 3D model of the original dark trooper phase 3 ! coming directly from the old beta of Battlefront 3 (made by free radical ), i ported this baby as soon i saw it ! i mean look !

It really look like it ! it just need a nice texture job ...

So yeah, i'm "back", i'll try to make some progress on my projects for MB2 and keep you up to date !

I'm glad to say i'm back to working on MB2 regularily, for how long, nobody knows !
OK so here's my latest WIP, that's been taking hours to research and improve :
snowtrooper_zpsor6x0qpb.jpg

Yes, strangely enough, a model we already had, the snowtrooper. I was never satisfied of the version in JKA (you may remember i also reskined the clone marine to look like a snowtrooper, but it wasn't perfect) and i found the one in TFU better, so i ported it. . I also took the opportunity to add accessories to make different class in FA easier to recognize, instead of relying only on colored pauldrons . As you can see, the main weak point of this model are the texture, as i'm not the best texturer in the world... but hey, i still like it a lot, and it will be included in my future FA pack, for echobase !

on a side note, i must say that making snowtroopers look different from one another is a pain in the ass ...there are not a lot of images online, especially since EP VII with its new snowtroopers (which are smart enough to have freaking pauldrons !) so i had to get creative ...

DT85

3D Artist, Animator
Movie Battles II Team
Hey Lt Claim, nice work! Do you by any chance use Blender? If so, do you kitbash with LODs or know how to?

Hey I would apply if I were you.
Your getting better and you might be the guy we need to get the most requested models in.

Last edited:

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
i saw a pic a long time ago where someone mixed classic stormie armor with clone phase 2 armor and it looked really neat maybe you could do something like this?

I'm glad to say i'm back to working on MB2 regularily, for how long, nobody knows !
OK so here's my latest WIP, that's been taking hours to research and improve :
snowtrooper_zpsor6x0qpb.jpg

Yes, strangely enough, a model we already had, the snowtrooper. I was never satisfied of the version in JKA (you may remember i also reskined the clone marine to look like a snowtrooper, but it wasn't perfect) and i found the one in TFU better, so i ported it. . I also took the opportunity to add accessories to make different class in FA easier to recognize, instead of relying only on colored pauldrons . As you can see, the main weak point of this model are the texture, as i'm not the best texturer in the world... but hey, i still like it a lot, and it will be included in my future FA pack, for echobase !

on a side note, i must say that making snowtroopers look different from one another is a pain in the ass ...there are not a lot of images online, especially since EP VII with its new snowtroopers (which are smart enough to have freaking pauldrons !) so i had to get creative ...
I'd always wondered why there weren't many snowtrooper models out. Any eta for release?

Thanks a lot for all the attention ... however i remind you as of yet, i only do ports , mix models and do some light texture work. while i'd really like to learn and make new models , or at least new parts for my frankensteining, i can't say i have tried yet... for the moment i'm mostly focusing on creating my custom FA pack, where my models would really shine...

Thanks a lot for all the attention ... however i remind you as of yet, i only do ports , mix models and do some light texture work. while i'd really like to learn and make new models , or at least new parts for my frankensteining, i can't say i have tried yet... for the moment i'm mostly focusing on creating my custom FA pack, where my models would really shine...

Speaking of ports, when can we get the DL for the Maul Killer you made?

Abracadabra ! Resurrection spell !

but while that's neat, i have something i know i've been wanting for a long time :
darktrooper_zpsnkuiysdi.jpg

Yes ! it is it ! A nice, 3D model of the original dark trooper phase 3 ! coming directly from the old beta of Battlefront 3 (made by free radical ), i ported this baby as soon i saw it ! i mean look !

It really look like it ! it just need a nice texture job ...

So yeah, i'm "back", i'll try to make some progress on my projects for MB2 and keep you up to date !

Please, I need a download link to this model, I'll take it in any format preferably obj, I need this in my life.