Launcher Fix Released

mb2_logo_1.png

I am pleased to announce the release of a fixed launcher, fully compatible with the current site. Please read the update instructions below. I would also like to personally thank LoU for all of his hard work in getting the launcher running again. This would not have been possible without his continued dedication.

Update Instructions
  1. Download the latest version of the launcher here.
  2. Replace any existing MBIILauncher.exe with the version that you just downloaded.
  3. If you previously installed the temporary master server fix, manually delete zzzzz_MBII.pk3 from your MBII folder.
  4. Start the launcher, go to settings, and ensure "Check installation integrity on start" is ticked.
  5. Close the launcher and start it again. Wait for the integrity check and any downloads to complete.
  6. Click PLAY to start Movie Battles II.
Please report any glitches or bugs in the Bug Tracker forum. If you are having difficulty using the launcher, create a topic in the Support forum.

So guys... where was the problem with the old launcher? Didn't you have the source code or what? I don't know how much it was tied to the old forums, but I can't imagine it was more than just changing a few URLs since I was still using the old launcher until now... or was there something really important that needed fix?

Anyway - good job on new launcher :)

On my laptop, it won't run the game when I click play.
The program can't start because Missing MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I reinstalled it and the same thing happens...

On my laptop, it won't run the game when I click play.
The program can't start because Missing MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I reinstalled it and the same thing happens...
Had the same problem after I reinstalled my notebook. The problem is that you're missing a library used by .NET. Simply google how to install MSVCR110.dll and you should find some tutorials.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So guys... where was the problem with the old launcher? Didn't you have the source code or what? I don't know how much it was tied to the old forums, but I can't imagine it was more than just changing a few URLs since I was still using the old launcher until now... or was there something really important that needed fix?

@LoU can probably give the biggest jist of things.

A very TL;DR: Lou was the only guy with the skills and knowledge of the launcher, considering it's his baby. Lou's been very busy with RL and he also has no access to the internet at his home, which increased the challenge tenfold. Lou deserves a thousand hugs for all the heavy lifting he's done for MB2 during the past 2 months.

LoU

R2D2

2G Network (no internet at home), launcher communicates with server but we didn't have it set up. We had some scratches from jack's backup. I was at home only to take a nap and going back to work, still had to find some time for mbii backends. There was some other stuff to take care of, even launcher wasn't that important back then. I had to make a tests with dummy files (imagine downloading game with 10kbps speed).

Everything seems to work for me except the favorites list. I can add servers to it but as soon as I exit mb and later start it up again, it gets wiped.

Do I need to manually add the ips in some serverdate file to make them stick?

LoU

R2D2
Everything seems to work for me except the favorites list. I can add servers to it but as soon as I exit mb and later start it up again, it gets wiped.

Do I need to manually add the ips in some serverdate file to make them stick?
There is like 20 servers in total. Do you really need fav lists?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
why doesnt 327th server show on master server but shows on jacklullist