Master Server Fix

Hello,
We've prepared a temporary fix for those who can't wait for the release of the new launcher.

0b6befe82c0ce7135c975719f3ef6a2b.png

This fix is for the master server list in-game.

Download here - (removed, use launcher instead)
Put zzzzz_MBII.pk3 into your GameData/MBII folder

In the meantime, server owners can set new master servers:
master.moviebattles.org
master2.moviebattles.org

(This will be the heartbeat servers in the server configuration)

To prevent situations like this in the future we have added additional backup solutions for the master server list, so 3 backup servers in totally different locations should do the job.

Note: This is just a temporary solution, it may not work. Do not treat it as official full release.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Should probably note that this fix is only if you launch the game with jamp.exe, the OpenJK (jamp.x86.exe) version will still ping master.moviebattles2.com for the time being, and will require a separate update.

LoU

R2D2
"Note: This is just a temporary solution, it may not work. Do not treat it as official full release." :)

For OpenJK -> /sv_master1 master.moviebattles.org
For mbii.x86 -> just wait :D

Supa

The Serial Stacker
You can download an older version of OpenJK, create a desktop shortcut and add +set fs_game "MBII" to the target field in the properties, then change the master server with seta sv_master1 master.moviebattles.org.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Didn't work for me.
After installing fix, mb2 failed to start, and this text was written to console:
--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

Last edited:

LoU

R2D2
Use support section for reporting issues. And remember it doesn't need to work, as stated in OP.

I got a garbled text webpage. So, I right clicked save link and i got it to download, but installing it into my mb2 didn't work (I know you said it may not work just letting you know)

jacklul

webhosting needs to add pk3 mime type/handler as application/zip or application/octet-stream