•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server latency jumps randomly

Catlord Meow!

Donator
So i recently rent a server @ bluefang after the struggle to set it up (thanks to Viserys and Puppytine) I experience a strange problem the ping randomly jumps from 30 to 90 how to fix that? I got to mention its an "old cfg" which i used when the old master server was still in use (not .org) is that maybe the problem?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I got to mention its an "old cfg" which i used when the old master server was still in use (not .org) is that maybe the problem?
If your config keeps references to moviebattles.com you should replace them to .org, but I doubt this could cause a problems.

btw you mentioned you have same hosting as BG does, you can ask someone who related to BG what they did to get rid of the lags.

And don't forget about
Code:
seta sv_fps 20
[SOLVED] - Server lag/connection interuptted on saber clashing? | Movie Battles II Community

Catlord Meow!

Donator

Catlord Meow!

Donator
EDIT: seems like it helps with the ping when they are less people but it still jumps up and down randomly from 30-90 when there are more players, the bluefang support already told me it is a problem by the game and the server shows no problem

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Fixed puppytine is a saviour as always :)
I just quoted @LoU anyway.

It works? I thought it won't when you said it's already 30, since it's not a big difference.
EDIT: seems like it helps with the ping when they are less people but it still jumps up and down randomly from 30-90 when there are more players
If ping depends on sv_fps so much, maybe machine they gave to you is slow? You should compare your hardware against those BG has.

Catlord Meow!

Donator
well the cpu usage is nearly 0% and the memory usage is 89mb out of 65gb so i don't think thats the problem maybe that helps you thats whats in my config now
seta sv_fps "20"
seta sv_maxclients "32"
seta sv_privateClients ""
seta sv_privatePassword ""
seta sv_pure "0"
seta sv_maxRate "25000"
seta sv_maxPing "0"
seta sv_timeout "600"
seta sv_minSnaps "20"
seta sv_minRate "2000"
seta sv_maxConnections "3" // Maximum number of connections from one IP (prevents many crash scripts).
seta sv_floodProtect "1"

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
sv_fps 20 has bad influence on game (visual lags, problem with hit detection etc.), sv_fps 30 (at least) is MUST HAVE, but it won't work well on cheap windows hosting (poor virtualization)

Ping has nothing to do with sv_fps :) Don't look at ping on scoreboard.

Catlord Meow!

Donator
Well i don't know why people expierence lag its not just the scoreboard as soon as there are 16 people some start to lag and i don't know whats the problem they complain about ping lags and not fps lags please help me :(

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
sv_fps should be number that can be divided cleanly by 4. But I also doubt it is cause of your problem. IF server upload quota isn't saturated already, touching sv_maxRate "25000" wouldn't help.

There is easy way to test if it is bluefang's fault - ask Viserys for BG config (minus passwords), change name/ports (if applicable) *only*, and look out for issues. If they're still happening, bluefang is lying - might want to also do exact copy of BG's directories to double check before bringing it to them. Otherwise, something is wrong with your settings - try doing binary search by changing half of them to BG ones, and checking if it helped. Otherwise, proceed further with binary searching (revert last changes, change another half - if it helped, revert half of the last half, check again... etc.).

Don't forget to drop in and tell us what the issue was after fixing it! :)

/Cat Lady