•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Server lag/connection interuptted on saber clashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as the title implies, I'm hosting a dedicated server and it seems to be running decently stable however when two players begin to duel when their sabers clash it seems to always cause stablity issues with the connection.

I tried searching for this issue but it seems to have not been mentioned before. Any help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: I believe I may have fixed it by setting the server FPS to 80 and the sever rate to 25000.

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I would not recommend a server FPS above 40.

There are some performance issues with sabers (affecting servers) that will hopefully be alleviated in the next build. Generally speaking though this should not be noticed unless the server is running on very slow hardware like a raspberry pi.

I would not recommend a server FPS above 40.

There are some performance issues with sabers (affecting servers) that will hopefully be alleviated in the next build. Generally speaking though this should not be noticed unless the server is running on very slow hardware like a raspberry pi.

Ahh I see thank you for the reply. What, if I may ask, does serverFPS actually do/mean?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
It means exactly what FPS is. More FPS it processes - more accurate data users recieve. Data is sent to players in snapshots and each snapshot gets generated with each server frame. Players usually do not recieve more than 40 snapshots from server (/snaps 40 on client side).

Having so many FPS as you have now (80) may cause lags and players will skip half of those counted data anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.