Lack of "Playable" maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways not trying to derail from this thread.... my point was it created a shitstorm within the community. Some of the things people are saying are ridiculous. Ultimately, there should be no enforcement of different maps or penalty for those that have 24/7 maps. There's a place for both, and the community can decide what they want. I've seen several times where Lanze switched the map and many ppl gave him shit for it (including me).

I honestly think that fucking with the master server and/or fucking with 24/7DS would break this mod's player numbers. Hard. I'm pretty impressed by the chutzpah of the dev team. Instead of being grateful ANYONE plays this mod at all after all these years and after everything that's happened. Instead of gratitude tR is faced with resentment and bitterness because we like to play the mod how we want? Very mature. I do hope Iris was joking but just in case you're not: fuck around and find out what happens.

seriously, iris. what the fuck wrong with you? you want to ban massive amounts of players just because they have a different map preference than you? and you think this would be good for the community? are you insane?
Lol you can't read. Bans would only happen to angry people after TR got removed from masterlist.

there is a lot of pointless whining in this thread

i dig the "tR lets us say what we think, you mad" -> "WHOA LINDSEY YOU CAN'T MAKE JOKES LIKE *THAT*" wombo combo though, that was pretty good

push out a patch that adds slippery floors to everything. as the great michael jordan once said, "fuck them kids."

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
there is a lot of pointless whining in this thread

i dig the "tR lets us say what we think, you mad" -> "WHOA LINDSEY YOU CAN'T MAKE JOKES LIKE *THAT*" wombo combo though, that was pretty good

Basically this entire thread can be summed up by a conversation exchange between Pajama Sam and a Toll bridge when Sam told the bridge a new toll bridge was being constructed down river. Bridge was all "That wasn't funny, don't do that again.", yet Sam could keep telling that joke every 3rd or 4th interaction and nothing bad happened because of it.
1579900343635.png

Am I going to adjust DS? most likely but mainly to address long standing issues and some of those points have been brought up in this thread, though honestly I'd prefer to work on other stuff and make those maps more enticing than breaking whats working, so I doubt I will be doing anything for a while (and most likely with heavy open beta feedback).

fuck around and find out what happens.
that's an interesting roleplay, but you should probably calm down. making veiled threats over things that won't happen isn't productive for anybody. as i've stated the dev team has no plans to change the way map hosting, or the masterlist works, and these are just the individual opinions of a few devs and random community members.

not censoring people doesn't mean we dont have our own opinions. i never said lindsey shouldn't make jokes, i just commented on how his joke would likely be poorly received given the context and history.

the only thing that needs to change is the impossible existence of the TIE Fighter Hanger bay opening up to the same side as the other corridor leading out of reb spawn that has bothered me for over a decade at this point

impossible.png

Last edited:
Ben is absolutely right. If devs feel like we should be playing different maps, its up to them to incentivize the community towards rtv and/or rotation servers. If you're really dedicated to seeing the community make this change, it's going to take a lot more work than forum posts. An initiative to make more simple maps in the same vein as deathstar? Or a comp mode, like ben suggested?

If devs think the current state of NA servers is a problem then just remove those servers from masterlist until they fix their problem. It's clear from previous posts that for TR server owner (?) there is no problem with 24/7 Deathstar being always populated and RTV servers being dead. If he wanted for RTV servers to be populated and have his Deathstar he'd talk to Frenzy about that PHP script and not frantically defend 24/7 Deathstar as not being a problem for RTV servers. There's no point continuing this discussion because Faux already had his mind made up about this before this spam started. You won't convince him.
Players can try populating RTV servers but at the end of the day, TR server will triumph because RTV servers lose some population on bad maps and with mediocre, monotonous and familiar deathstar sitting on server list annoyed at bad map player's choice is obvious. Also, RTV servers must be populated from morning or there's no chance they'll be fully populated in the evening.
At the end of the day, there's nothing players can do to permanently change the current situation. Only masterlist owner is above server owner. Just do it. The worst that can happen is you'll get to hand out ~10 bans in a day. Also, that'd be funny.
😂
tl;dr "im retarded please laugh at me"

Hey guys I'm locking this thread due to homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, racism, islamophobia, anti-semitism, and hate speech.

This hurt my head. I love you all.

Daily reminder that there is an alternate universe out there where MB2 was never invented and that makes me big sad.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
There are no plans to force servers to use RTV, or rotations or anything else along those lines.

Will RTV be incorporated into the mod (rather than being an external program) - 100% yes (No time frame though).
Will it be enabled in the default server configuration - Almost certainly.
Will it be mandatory - Not under any present plans. I wont rule it out completely though.

I think we all need to appreciate the paradoxical stance of some members of this community. Some people using player choice as a reason to demand classic DOTF be brought back and then acting like scared little children the very first time they are confronted with the prospect of the community being able to choose which maps they play on via rtv.

We need to bin the fallacy that NA players want anything different from EU players and look at why certain servers may have become the default choice for players in those communities. There is no secret about historic abuse that may have contributed to the current state. No corrective action is really possible or even sought, but as a community we absolutely must remain aware that the situation in NA is not entirely the result of a natural community consensus it is to some degree the result of the will of a few being imposed on the will of the many through a campaign of harassment, where the message being sent was very clearly play our way or we will ruin the game for you. That others have attempted the same tactics with less success is not a defense of this behavior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.