Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a solution to this
f. yeah let's meme the sh*t out of single map server idea
1*DUUjxfoXYPwMUMmMwLUDAA.jpeg

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
tr ds turns into an rtv server and then the population simply just goes to aod dotf again or some other 24/7 server crops up, that's not really a solution, it's just an na problem
No? A deal could be struck. What if... we all agreed to not have a 24/7 server? DO IT, you won't.

there are multiple RTV servers for NA, some of which are hosted by tR. they never populate unless the clans populate them first, which is something that tR does a few times a week for our RTV servers. tR already does plenty for the community to try and encourage them to move to non 24/7 servers, we will not be sacrificing our Deathstar servers in this effort. as others have pointed out, the community will simply flock to another 24/7 server. the NA playerbase likes 24/7 - it is what it is, there is no need to force them to change over.

as of right now NA has more population than EU, from what I can tell (no actual data on that, I just check the server list multiple times per day and there seem to more NA servers populated than EU most of the time), there is no need to fix something that isn't broken. let the community decide what maps they want to play on, there is no need to impose upon them.

serverlist24hr.jpg

Last edited:
Not much you can do? Boiiiii, you make me laff.
Solution: turn tR Deathstar into an RTV server.
I'll never understand how those in power always end up being the ones who say the most inane and baffling things. Thank you for your contribution, we're all one step closer to a room temperature IQ society now.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
tR already does plenty for the community to try and encourage them to move to non 24/7 servers
Like hosting a second Deathstar server? :rolleyes: You can't say all you want about doing stuff for the community to encourage them to get off Deathstar while also purchasing a second DS server, that's just silly. Besides the occasional drop or two over at your other servers, the stats say it all as far as where you guys go to gain pop. At least own up to it. It's always been a pride thing with this 24/7 map crap, it seems.

When it comes to the current endless DS, take more responsibility and do something about it. If even a lot of your members agree that 24/7 map servers are cancerous boredom, why not just strike up an agreement to work towards a better environment for all by doing something about it? "12/3.5" Deathstar, perhaps? Last time I was on the server (Aksh, I think) someone switched it to Alderaan, then Smuggler and then had to leave, stating that you required of all admins to switch it back to Deathstar.

Why?

Nearly everyone on the server wanted to keep playing Smuggler at the time, yet we had to go back to DS which we had been on for hours. In a case like that, just flip the switch and turn on RTV. You do realize it can be turned off and on via a vstr, right? There are ways to set the server to automatically go back to Deathstar after a certain time or round/fraglimit is hit... a PHP script, for starters, mayhaps? I could help you guys set something up which is a bit better. Personally, I think an agreement should be struck against 24/7 map crap instead of all the trolling, toxicity and bantering, it gets us no where and is pointless. Put a leash on your wild troll dogs and just think about it for a while.

Back in the day and to a degree today AOD also is desperate for being #1 popped, too... but the tR 24/7 DS spam is far worse because of the purposeful lack of admining cancerous biggoted and hateful shit. That aspect genuinely saddens me and discourages me from wanting to even work on this mod, honestly. Even further, when there are admins on, they mostly just troll and set people's TK points to 69 for a quick laff.. At least AOD dealt with toxicity and cancerous crap. tR seemingly embraces it, and that really is no way to welcome this influx of new players. But, that is probably worth of it's own discussion and also my own personal opinion based on too much experience.

Would rather focus on the solution and not the problem, here. I am willing to help find a way to alleviate this 24/7 map spam issue and am interested to find out if anyone has any better ideas.

Back in the day and to a degree today AOD also is desperate for being #1 popped, too... but the tR 24/7 DS spam is far worse because of the purposeful lack of admining cancerous biggoted and hateful shit. That aspect genuinely saddens me and discourages me from wanting to even work on this mod, honestly. Even further, when there are admins on, they mostly just troll and set people's TK points to 69 for a quick laff.. At least AOD dealt with toxicity and cancerous crap. tR seemingly embraces it, and that really is no way to welcome this influx of new players. But, that is probably worth of it's own discussion and also my own personal opinion based on too much experience.

Oh my heart weeps for you buddy, honestly, I'm so torn to hear you heard some mean words online and you didn't like it.

Go populate your own RTV server then if you don't like it. You remind me of the #cancel twitter outrage feminists. Do something instead of whining about it.

wow, lots to unpack here. so many assumptions, and so much misinformation.

you can't say all you want about doing stuff for the community to encourage them to get off Deathstar while also purchasing a second DS server, that's just silly.
we never purchased a second server for deathstar, we have owned the same 5 servers for a while, from two different server hosts. jka.io is our usual host for deathstar, but after they took 12+ hours to update their servers for a patch, i switched deathstar over to bluefang, and went to bed. when i woke up, jka.io had updated and automatically started our server, and we had two full deathstars. after that trend continued, i decided to leave them up.

Besides the occasional drop or two over at your other servers, the stats say it all as far as where you guys go to gain pop
deathstar is almost always populated 24/7, and we are an NA clan. our members do not play 24/7. more often than not there are zero tR members playing on Deathstar. we don't "go there" to populate it, it populates itself.

At least own up to it. It's always been a pride thing with this 24/7 map crap, it seems.
strange assumption and a needless personal attack. as others have pointed out, 24/7 servers have been the staple of the NA community for over a decade. i started playing mb2 in 2015. im not sure how NA servers being 24/7 has "always been a pride thing", but that is quite a random and baseless assumption to make.

If even a lot of your members agree that 24/7 map servers are cancerous boredom, why not just strike up an agreement to work towards a better environment for all by doing something about it?
interesting that forum and discord complaints are an accurate reflection of what the community wants when they agree with the devs, but not when they disagree with the devs, like in the case of balancing in 1.5, the removal of dotf, etc.

When it comes to the current endless DS, take more responsibility and do something about it
and what exactly is my responsibility? excluding the two deathstar servers, we pay for three different servers per month, and have for years, in an attempt to provide a larger variety of servers for your mod. we host the most popular server for your mod and have for years. we populate our RTV and rotation server more than any other NA clan. what more does tR have to do for the community for you guys to be satisfied with the status quo? is paying $50+ per month, being the most active clan, and hosting the most active servers not enough?

Nearly everyone on the server wanted to keep playing Smuggler at the time, yet we had to go back to DS which we had been on for hours. In a case like that, just flip the switch and turn on RTV. You do realize it can be turned off and on via a vstr, right?
you do realize that the community has access to multiple RTV servers and chooses not to populate them, right?

entirely untrue. we allow people to say whatever they want in chat, as long as they aren't spamming. we kick mass tkers and consistent tkers. we frequently reset the points of players who accidentally accrue teamkill points since the system can be pretty unforgiving in certain situations. we actually have a pretty strict guide for our smods that has been followed since i gained authority in tR, and i have removed smod from many players who did not follow those rules, including the founder of tR. as i said, most of this post was just misinformation and baseless assumptions.

Would rather focus on the solution and not the problem, here. I am willing to help find a way to alleviate this 24/7 map spam issue and am interested to find out if anyone has any better ideas.
and what exactly is the problem? [tR]Deathstar is the ONLY mb2 server that maintains population 24 hours around the clock. why do you want to change that? is having a server that is constantly populated in this incredibly small mod a bad thing? if there was an actual problem, i would be happy to help. i have done plenty of things behind the scenes involving the devs in an attempt to keep this game alive, our goals are the same. i just dont understand why having a server that is constantly populated in such a small game is a "problem". before DS became a 24/7 feature, NA players had to wait for "peak" times to play on a server below 150 ping. now any time of the day an NA player can rely on the ability to play on a low ping server. this whole conversation is so misguided.

i have attached a screenshot of our smod's rules, for those that are curious or don't believe that we actually have a structure.

Attachments

• smodguideliens.jpg
    smodguideliens.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
but the tR 24/7 DS spam is far worse because of the purposeful lack of admining cancerous biggoted and hateful shit.
i played tr years ago and i'm playing it right now and i can't remember ever having legitimate issues with trolling

the only cases of trolling i remember are people who would blatantly barge people as wook or rocket the entire team at shortroute door, but longroute is always better anyways and if it wasn't your team killing you on shortroute it's a mando flying in and whacking collateral on 4 of your teammates or jackasses not watching the elevator and a sith rapesquad drops down and wipes your push

short route sucks and people who go short deserve what comes to them. also you obviously seem to fucking hate tr so just don't go to tr servers 4head

wook barge griefing died off a long time ago and spawnrockets will get people kicked from the server within 2 rounds so it doesn't matter

Even further, when there are admins on, they mostly just troll and set people's TK points to 69 for a quick laff..
never witnessed this and i'm not openly known by anyone there to be in the cool kid's club

more often than not i see people asking for resets and actually getting them

more often than not there are zero tR members playing on Deathstar. we don't "go there" to populate it, it populates itself.
i've been there on and off for the past week+ and i rarely see anyone openly presenting [tr] tags, it's mostly just jackasses like myself with random names

[tR]Deathstar is the ONLY mb2 server that maintains population 24 hours around the clock.
deathstar also has the benefit of not being complete fucking cancer to play on. literally every time i think i should try dotf for once because i never play it the players within prove why i never bother

EU used to have a problem with dotf 24/7 servers. Then they were shut down around the same time RTV came out and RTV servers popped up and we now have a very healthy spread and only RTV servers are populated. It's up to the server owners to reinforce map variety. If people truly only want to play deathstar, then turning your deathstar server into an RTV one should change nothing.

also deathstar sux

Status
Not open for further replies.