Not so long time ago I was using:

Jump 3
Push 3
Sense 1/2
Lightning 1
Strong styles 1
Saber defense 3
Force block 3

This build is balanced, you can rush and survive due to red's 35% damage reduction (that's 1-v-many situation), and Lightning 1 with Saber defense 3 makes a very tough 1-v-1'er.
But recently I've decided to try something more support-like (inb4 1.4 :p ):

Jump 3
Push 3
Pull 3
Sense 2
Strong styles 1 or Fast styles 2 (Cyan's FP recovery perk)
Saber defense 3
Force block 1

This build is really advanced, I have to re-learn and change my customs which were formed when I was using the previous one. This one is pure supportive (you can go Saber Defense 2 and Sense 1 to get staff, but I suck with staff so I put 4 last points into Defense 3). You should take it only if there are some decent gunners in your team.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
This build is balanced, you can rush and survive due to red's 35% damage reduction

45%, it is 20% global for every shining cond.... jedi/sith, and another 25% for red users, cumulative. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Helix

Nope, 20% dmg reduction was removed from jedi/sith in one of previous versions.
And in 1.3.2 red is certainly 35%.

If you're new to the game I highly advise you to use standard build presets (default build preferably), to learn very core mechanics first.

Two hundred and fifty hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Jump 3
Push 3
Sense 1/2
Lightning 1
Strong styles 1
Saber defense 3
Force block 3

Thank you for the sith build above, I shall examine it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wut?

3 points on medium?

Is that staff or dual? Red?

My error, it was a one medium, one strong. Singular cyan sabre

- - - Updated - - -

Not so long time ago I was using:

Jump 3
Push 3
Sense 1/2
Lightning 1
Strong styles 1
Saber defense 3
Force block 3

This build is balanced, you can rush and survive due to red's 35% damage reduction (that's 1-v-many situation), and Lightning 1 with Saber defense 3 makes a very tough 1-v-1'er.
But recently I've decided to try something more support-like (inb4 1.4 :p ):

Jump 3
Push 3
Pull 3
Sense 2
Strong styles 1 or Fast styles 2 (Cyan's FP recovery perk)
Saber defense 3
Force block 1

This build is really advanced, I have to re-learn and change my customs which were formed when I was using the previous one. This one is pure supportive (you can go Saber Defense 2 and Sense 1 to get staff, but I suck with staff so I put 4 last points into Defense 3). You should take it only if there are some decent gunners in your team.

Any reason why push over pull however?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dedicate yourself to a single build, you're wasting your time. The "perfect build" is greatly depends on the map, on the enemies, on your team, and of course on your abilities as player. Every single ability is useless if you cant use it properly. And even if you're a master of an ability, it can be useless in some situations. This is why I said you should learn these yourself, because if we just tell you a build, it wont make you a better player... even if these builds actually work for you first, you wont have any idea why, and if the situation changes, the effectiveness of these builds can quickly reduce.

Best way to make a build on your own:
1) Choose lightsaber style(s) depending on the situation of the match
2) Get the abilities what are must for you (Defense, Block)
3) Spend the rest of your points on abilities, what are depending on the map, on the enemies and on your team.

Of course doing this doesnt guarantee victory for you, you have to be able to analyze basically every moment of the match to be able to make good decisions like:
- should you attack or defense
- where should you defense
- how should you attack: be a leader, be a support or flank the enemy
- should you change game style in the middle of the match
- etc.

Its also a useful tactic to change builds between rounds, because better players are remember your way of playing like deflecting, using lightning, etc. and they'll make counter moves against you... you can confuse them for a moment if you're using another build than last time, what can be enough for you to kill the enemy.

I suggest you to think about these things and of course reading the ingame library... I was surprised TBH, but its much more useful than I thought before.

Last edited:
If you wish to be good at dueling, I'd really recommend focus on duel servers. In open servers it's better IMO to have only style only as styles are costly.
Worst case you could get one balanced style that's good agaisnt gunners like yellow and get red as well against wookies.

My build for open, focused mostly on countering gunners

Jump 1
Push 3
Lightning 3(for super lightning)
Yellow style
Saber defense 2
Force block 2

And my build for a more balanced sith

Jump 3
Push or Pull 3(push is better against big groups so it is better if you want to go support, if I get pull 3 I'll get push 2)
Sense 2
Purple style
Saber defense 2
Force block 3

Last edited:
If you wish to be good at dueling, I'd really recommend focus on duel servers. In open servers it's better IMO to have only style only as styles are costly.
Worst case you could get one balanced style that's good agaisnt gunners like yellow and get red as well against wookies.

My build for open, focused mostly on countering gunners

Jump 1
Push 3
Lightning 3(for super lightning)
Yellow style
Saber defense 2
Force block 2

And my build for a more balanced sith

Jump 3
Push or Pull 3(push is better against big groups so it is better if you want to go support)
Sense 2
Purple style
Saber defense 2
Force block 3

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Helix

Push over Pull because with Push you can also push away rockets and grenades, while Pull doesn't affect them. You can both save your team and live a bit longer.

^Helix
Dammit, I forgot to put in Push 2 for the Pull 3 build.
Although against some opponents like heroes pull is vastly superior due to the fast recovery of heroes.

My favorite build is :
Red
jump 2
push 2
pull 3
sence 2
defense 2
deflect 3
block 2

The reason i prefer pull over push is because it lets you kill certain classes such as heroes, arcs and escaping jedi/sith where push seems useless. Also if a gunner is walking, i woudl rather have the pull effect over push incase i misstime it.

Sence 2 over sence 1 is just a preference, wallhack is better than just radarhack :D.
You coudl replace block 2 for block 1 and get 6 points elsewhere, just threw them in there because i dint need anything else.

I tried playing whit lightening 1 vs walking gunners, but since lightening puts push and pull on a cooldown the gunner just ends up kiting you easily. So i woudl always take grip over lightening if i decide to.

Title says it all, what is the overall best sith sabre, preferably for fighting jedi.
I noticed in my other thread people gave me point builds for everything besides sabres, that is helpful but I'm talking about sabres here.
If possible can someone tell me how sabre points work and what the different colors do.

if you format your post text like that its annoying to read O_ o

do you mean styles? you'll just have to practice and find what you like

yellow is the best to start with though pretty much universally

Yellow is typically the foundation.

But now, if you're looking for a quick fix and to beat or overwhelm other newcomers than spend some time learning red, purple or staff.
Staff is fun to spam. Avoid slaps and you can even beat people that claim to know what they're doing. They almost always curse you for being a spammer when you kill them.

:)

Actually trying staff and it's pretty funny. You can be easyly beaten if you don't watch your PB. But damn it feels good.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Saber hilts and colors do not affect gameplay in any way.