Jedi/Sith Class Configuration Thread

I standardly use a one point on medium, single red Sabre, it has failed me and must be replaced.

What is the perfect sith point build.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
10/10

The best Sith build is one that works for you. Play around, trial and error builds until you find the one that you like and that fits your play style. Keep in mind that no build will magically make you better at the class, there is still a learning curve required.

No such thing as a perfect build. Versatile, situational, counters and blitzers, spammers and forcewhores...

Depends on how you want to play and what or who you're playing against. I usually just check out what everybody is playing as and then pretend to care and do my own thing.

10/10

The best Sith build is one that works for you. Play around, trial and error builds until you find the one that you like and that fits your play style. Keep in mind that no build will magically make you better at the class, there is still a learning curve required.

I see I found a developer, you contain knowledge that is doubtlessly true...
A cyan sabre'd jedi with three points on medium took all my bp within three hits. How would I counter this.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I see I found a developer, you contain knowledge that is doubtlessly true...
A cyan sabre'd jedi with three points on medium took all my bp within three hits. How would I counter this.
More than likely you weren't perfect blocking, and he got quick ACM. The best thing to do is get better at perfect blocking; looking at the direction the swing is coming from.
Wut?

3 points on medium?

Is that staff or dual? Red?
Staff or duals and medium.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I was gonna give you advice how to play a sith build, but at first are you trying to learn dueling, or playin against gunners in open mode, or both? I would give you tips how to play in open mode.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I was gonna give you advice how to play a sith build, but at first are you trying to learn dueling, or playin against gunners in open mode, or both? I would give you tips how to play in open mode.
Please, don't tell him about any of that cheese shit you do to me on the EU servers... Pleaaaaaaaaase.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Please, don't tell him about any of that cheese shit you do to me on the EU servers... Pleaaaaaaaaase.
I would teach him my deflect 3 build, since the lighting build would be too hard to use for a new player. There is a lot of learning curve already with using the d3 :p

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I would teach him my deflect 3 build, since the lighting build would be too hard to use for a new player. There is a lot of learning curve already with using the d3 :p
Purple and deflect 3? ¬_¬

I am colorblind so I have no idea what the fuck a purple is, but from what I seen from sith players is that yellow would be the best go to choice unless your dealing with hard counters.

Starushka

If you're new to the game I highly advise you to use standard build presets (default build preferably), to learn very core mechanics first.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I am actually going to write my guide here anyways, maybe some1 else finds it helpful if you actually just want to learn dueling only.

Since you are most likely a new player, you'd do a great job learning how the system works as a GUNNER before you try to learn it as a jedi/sith. But either way I will try to somewhat teach you my build here. I actually have 2 main builds but I think the one I am explaining is a tad more casual but also has its own twists, but this means you are willing to learn a lot, it isn't easy to use at first:

Points are:
Jump lvl 3
push lvl 3
seeing lvl 1

saber defense lvl 3
Saber styles: one point used in medium, two points used in strong (which means first the eight points, then the zero, so you will gain purple style). So basically you will have yellow and purple.

Forceblock lvl 1
saber deflect lvl 3

First of, why THESE saber styles: Purple has a perk which makes you lose 15 percent less forcepower while getting shot at (problem: this MAY get changed in the future. The perk system for sabers is pretty new and is getting constantly tweaked, so pay attention to updates and change your build/game style accordingly.) Now this is something you want while you are using deflect 3, since using deflect on blaster bolts uses more force than simply deflecting shots. To use deflect you simply aim at somebody while someone is shooting at you. You have to hold block (mouse2) and tap attack (mouse1) at the same time WHEN youre getting shot at. This means you have to deflect MANUALLY. Be careful when you choose to use deflect, for it uses force so when you tap attack you don't rly recharge your force, so don't just mindlessly deflect 24/7. And then, why use yellow? It is a good basic style, use it when trying to kill gunners since it is a lot faster than slow purple (use purple against wookiees tho, it is one hit kill but even this may get changed in the future)

EDIT: During my walk to the uni I got an inspiration to actually make a tutorial video since live footage + explanation is a lot more efficient to typing everything. Maybe I will make my first video today.

Last edited:
Or you know... he could play as Soldier first... to learn stuffs like the basics of the mod... if he know how to play gunner classes properly, he'll also know the gunners' pros/cons, so he can move to support Jedi... learn how to push grenades, hold off the enemies while not blocking the team... and if all these are done, only after that should he move to dueling... of course if we're talking about Open mode. If he'd do this, he could build his own spec, instead of using other player's builds, what obviously wont solve his problem, nor teach him how to play this game properly.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Or you know... he could play as Soldier first... to learn stuffs like the basics of the mod... if he know how to play gunner classes properly, he'll also know the gunners' pros/cons, so he can move to support Jedi... learn how to push grenades, hold off the enemies while not blocking the team... and if all these are done, only after that should he move to dueling... of course if we're talking about Open mode. If he'd do this, he could build his own spec, instead of using other player's builds, what obviously wont solve his problem, nor teach him how to play this game properly.
I do agree he should start as a gunner, but some ppl are stubborn.

And sure there are some preferencies on what build fits your gameplay but the harsh truth is some builds are simply better than others when usin the right combinations, especially now due to the new perk system you can come up with a lot of interesting combos to buff your core gameplay.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Seriously? If he get in my way, I'll push him to death. :D
One only either gets fb1 or fb3. I suppose for a newb fb3 is crucial but competent sith/jedi knows how to block in right spots. Masochists get fb0 and point wasters get fb2