It's Kinda Ironic

That the most and usually only popular server on an ancient star wars mod mostly played by old-timers is strictly for 'casuals'.

How the fuck does that work? I've never actually been kicked from a server for playing the game too well.

Yeehaw 2020 - the snowflakes even took over MB2!

That the most and usually only popular server on an ancient star wars mod mostly played by old-timers is strictly for 'casuals'.

How the fuck does that work? I've never actually been kicked from a server for playing the game too well.

its not the most,and definitely not,only populated server. Just don't play on it

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
3lq388.jpg

cringe

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There is no other way to do it programmatically right now with no identity or ELO system you could use to try and track and quantify skill of individuals. Think of it from the functional perspective: how could you design a tool to stop noobs from getting stomped on a public server?

I've barely played there and I'm not by any means endorsing the server, what's currently in place is definitely flawed in many ways, but it mostly seems to be achieving its goal of providing a space where newbies can ease into the gameplay rather than dying within the first minute and giving up on the game entirely after experiencing that for hours.

Some of you really need to pull your heads out of your ass and think about problems from more than one perspective. And it's not like there aren't always other active servers you can play on normally. No harm to you.

There is no other way to do it programmatically right now with no identity or ELO system you could use to try and track and quantify skill of individuals. Think of it from the functional perspective: how could you design a tool to stop noobs from getting stomped on a public server?

I've barely played there and I'm not by any means endorsing the server, what's currently in place is definitely flawed in many ways, but it mostly seems to be achieving its goal of providing a space where newbies can ease into the gameplay rather than dying within the first minute and giving up on the game entirely after experiencing that for hours.

Some of you really need to pull your heads out of your ass and think about problems from more than one perspective. And it's not like there aren't always other active servers you can play on normally. No harm to you.

100% agree with this. MB2 needs more variety in terms of servers that cater to specific kinds of players. cramming the whole population onto one size fits all servers that in theory welcome everyone but in practice satisfy noone used to work in the past but it doesn't anymore - there are groups of players in the EU community specifically that aren't really interested in playing the game to win rounds and stuff and they just wanna fuck around. that's great and all, but if you put these players in with people who wanna take public servers at least semi-seriously it doesn't work out for anyone, same goes when you have day 1 players vs players with 15+ years of experience. i haven't been on the casual corner servers myself so i can't speak to the effectiveness of the system implemented there but the thought behind it is good. And as people have said, at least on the EU side while the EU casual server does get high population most days, there is always an alternative in the dV8, TIN or EXE servers that all have different rulesets and you are free to pick the one that suits you the best.

casual corner isn't meant for regs, which make up 90% of this games population, it's intended for all the white named noobs to jerk each other off without being interrupted by the game's actual playerbase

Last edited:
My problem isn't that CC is for noobs, my problem is that CC is for noobs and it's the only populated server I get with a decent ping on MB2. Other than that, it's either play on a duel server or TR Deathstar and get a moderately shitty ping.

What happened to all the crowd that used to play on AOD Pandemonium? Are they all running around intentionally missing shots and pretending to be noobs on CC?