I see Movie Battles II as a lot more competitive and skill based than CS:GO or most any other game

Is this idea good? (Don't think about the scripting/Getting it to work yet)

• Absolutely!

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Eh, I guess. Not sure

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Uhhhh, no.

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

Thawne

Donator
I try silly stuff too and I could give a crap about how it ruins my stats on profile. If you don't care about score, then you should be above it. If stats ever be implemented, then you can very well ignore them. If you are in it for the fun, why would you care.

This seems to me, like you got some ego loathing in you too, if you care how would your stats look like. It's not like the stats would make you quit playing for fun. Excuses.

Yes, I agree. Thing is that I like to have both in the same game. Sometimes I want to have a challenging and competitive game, trying my best. Sometimes I just wanna fool around. If we have ranked and unranked servers I have absolutely no problems with that.

I'm perfectly all right with just having stats and junk, I'd like to archive my achievements of terribleness. The only real suggestion I'm against is unlocks and such, mostly because people can be hella' toxic here anyway and a shift to a more competitive environment where everyone's out for unlocks is just going to make that worse.

But again, I say this as a player so phenomenally awful this could all just be taken as whining about people who are more skilled than me.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The main problem with stats is that MBII is a team game, and personal k/d shouldn't matter sh|t. I know it does for some people, but that is just "meh".

If we would like to implement meaningful stats, it would need to only counts win of the team where player is ATM - and ONLY if teams are even (to +/- 1 player). Of course, it would still allow ego-boosters to set up fake matches just for statistics bust, but it would be harder and requre planning, that most of score-wan(k/t)ers aren't able too, to be honest.

/Cat Lady

Reactions: Zed
Just implement a leveling system, so we can separate the pro's from the noobs. That way we can aid the newbies more easily and keep more in the game. Just leveling from getting kills and obj. No loss on death bs. K/D is overrated. Perhaps even insert titles? Like you start with a padawan title and level up to Jedi master or something?

Perhaps even add challenges. Like getting 5 headshots to get a exp reward. And with every level double it. 5 headshots. 10 headshots. 25 headshots. 50 headshots. 100 headshots. Etc. Keeps us all busy.

Last edited:
how about taking an idea from Red orchestra 2 with weapons. Level 0 gives you an old standard rusted e11 for example and as you get kills with the e11 at level 2 its cleaned up no rust barely anything broken but still worn down and at level 3 you gain a straight out of the factory e11 or perhaps the upgraded one in TFA.

Cat Lady

And here we go again to something that we already had in MBII - low amount of class points when someone just connected to server/next map started, and increasing it (to a cap) with kills/doing obj. I still miss this enemy territory ripoff...

Albeit, it *was* a little unbalanced. At least by the fact that attackers could get points by doing obj, while defenders couldn't.

And here we go again to something that we already had in MBII - low amount of class points when someone just connected to server/next map started, and increasing it (to a cap) with kills/doing obj. I still miss this enemy territory ripoff...

Albeit, it *was* a little unbalanced. At least by the fact that attackers could get points by doing obj, while defenders couldn't.

Then give extra points to defenders who kill an enemy in de obj room

how about taking an idea from Red orchestra 2 with weapons. Level 0 gives you an old standard rusted e11 for example and as you get kills with the e11 at level 2 its cleaned up no rust barely anything broken but still worn down and at level 3 you gain a straight out of the factory e11 or perhaps the upgraded one in TFA.
I get your idea, but to give multiple skins to all weapons would take a lot of time. To much time if you ask me.

Phelps

Donator
Challenges? We already have achievements. So you can only add more.

I disagree with the level mode based on objective. I mean, these days I only play on Duel Server. There is no objective. Server is made like old Outcast servers used to be. Duels, respawn on death. If you ask me, I love it, takes me back even further down the teenage road of playing Outcast on 128kbps connection. Haha. So K/D ratio makes the most sense.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Having the option to tie your forum account to the launcher would be best in my book. Just a fun additional metric, which you can use as swag on your forum profile. It should not be used for any true competitive purposes, but could be used to display your aptitude in the game.

The only true way of improving MB2's competition is hosting competitive events and improving maps to be less defender's advantaged and bottlenecked.

I'd be interested in tracking:

Total Overall Kills/Deaths.
Average Kill/Death Ratio per Round. Or maybe Game/Player session would be better.
Objectives completed
Weapons Used
Accuracy - shots taken, shots missed. Suppressive fire might be an issue:)
Force Powers spammed
Average time spent alive/Life Expectancy
Assists
Maybe Player Damage, received and taken.

The more the merrier.

People are always going to ego in some way or the other so that shouldnt be a reason not to do or implement something. You know those debates are never going to go away so why chain yourselves into some pc garbage everyone's a winner and lets not hurt somebody's feelings:)

Zed

I'd be interested in tracking:

Total Overall Kills/Deaths.
Average Kill/Death Ratio per Round. Or maybe Game/Player session would be better.
Objectives completed
Weapons Used
Accuracy - shots taken, shots missed. Suppressive fire might be an issue:)
Force Powers spammed
Average time spent alive/Life Expectancy
Assists
Maybe Player Damage, received and taken.

The more the merrier.

People are always going to ego in some way or the other so that shouldnt be a reason not to do or implement something. You know those debates are never going to go away so why chain yourselves into some pc garbage everyone's a winner and lets not hurt somebody's feelings:)

It's not about PC. If these stats are introduced the game will become much less fun, as more and more people will start to only tryhard

Or...you could stop...now hear me out, because I know you might not like this:

Stop trying less?

And honestly, too many players hide behind the 'tryhard' excuse. It's almost as bad as the people that just kill themselves rather than face off against the odds.
Bitches be pussies and pussies be bitches.

And if you can kill a try hard by trying less, isn't that the Holy Grail of Fun?

Zed

Or...you could stop...now hear me out, because I know you might not like this:

Stop trying less?

And honestly, too many players hide behind the 'tryhard' excuse. It's almost as bad as the people that just kill themselves rather than face off against the odds.
Bitches be pussies and pussies be bitches.

And if you can kill a try hard by trying less, isn't that the Holy Grail of Fun?

Yep. You're right! The game will be so much fun when everyone in Sith uses Deka and Sbd. Why didn't I see it that way!?

Cat Lady

But, aren't there already (super-irritating) killtrackers available, from third parties, for those that must bost their ego?

I haven't seen a killtracker, or Killtracker for that matter, in years:)

Yep. You're right! The game will be so much fun when everyone in Sith uses Deka and Sbd. Why didn't I see it that way!?

Que? What's that supposed to mean? Is this some argument that you built up from what appears to be your weakness in game and what you perceive as either op, lame or both?

Clones and arcs, my neo-mb2 friend.

Goddamn Hippies.

Since when are dekas and sbds tryhard anyway?
Try Easy. Sluts!

Cat Lady

You know what he meant, haven't you? He was pointing out that - as it comes with any e-sport or other ''pro'' nonsense - people may start being afraid to experiment and try other things, due to risk of getting lower stats.

Also, while ability to kill opponents is surely an important part, it is not - by far - most important thing on team-oriented game. Double that for FA, which is the real thing you should try, if you're so fixed on "trying harder". There are classes that probably won't get any kills at all... (c3po medic in DS, anyone?).

/Cat Lady

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
It's not about PC. If these stats are introduced the game will become much less fun, as more and more people will start to only tryhard
If it's optional, I doubt it'll really affect much.

Phelps

Donator
I am sorry, I am with Chaos on this one. I don't see argument in "SBD and deka on Imps, LOL" as an argument against some linking of stats to forums.

It seems to me that you are just afraid that your stats gonna suck and that's all there is to say about it. Too much care bear stuff.

If you are afraid then Ben posted a simple solution. Optional linking. Or making stats private, so they don't show. Problem solved.