(GUIDE) How to install MBII on MAC

ok so when i tried to load it up i could not find application support for the choose option and also when i do run the program it says something is wrong with the client.

I couldn't choose steam and steamapps as a directory when I launched JKJALaunch because in my application support there is no steam folder but if I go in my own Library I can find the folder easily. I had to manually go to the steamapps folder and copy and paste Jedi academy to the application support that shows up in the JKJALauncher. Now that seemed to work at first since the Launcher continued to load the game into multiplayer but not the mod. I had to go to setup in-game and choose to load the MBII mod. and then when I load it and try to start a solo game in the coruscant chase( which is the only map I can seem to choose) it says starting up and then the game crashes. I could really use someone's help since I've spent the last 2 or 3 hours trying to figure it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.31.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.31.18 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 622
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.39.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.39.40 PM.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 620
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.39.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.39.54 PM.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 565
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.40.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.40.11 PM.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 620
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.40.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.40.19 PM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 608
I couldn't choose steam and steamapps as a directory when I launched JKJALaunch because in my application support there is no steam folder but if I go in my own Library I can find the folder easily. I had to manually go to the steamapps folder and copy and paste Jedi academy to the application support that shows up in the JKJALauncher. Now that seemed to work at first since the Launcher continued to load the game into multiplayer but not the mod. I had to go to setup in-game and choose to load the MBII mod. and then when I load it and try to start a solo game in the coruscant chase( which is the only map I can seem to choose) it says starting up and then the game crashes. I could really use someone's help since I've spent the last 2 or 3 hours trying to figure it out.
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I literally have been trying to figure this out the whole afternoon, but I am still stuck with the same as you. Is there someone that can help us?!?!

redsaurus

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I literally have been trying to figure this out the whole afternoon, but I am still stuck with the same as you. Is there someone that can help us?!?!
Did you add the +set fs_game MBII to the launch options in JKJALaunch (Step 4)? You can get the JKJALaunch options window by holding shift when you open it.

Make sure to pick that brown Jedi academy logo in your application support, That one is the correct one.

Forgot to mention have you downloaded Redsaurus’s 1.6 Mac fix? We all ran into the issue but his new pk3 fixes it. I’ll be sure to link it into the tutorial. ( Fix is now not needed for update 1.6.1)

Last edited:
Forgot to mention have you downloaded Redsaurus’s 1.6 Mac fix? We all ran into the issue but his new pk3 fixes it. I’ll be sure to link it into the tutorial.
I downloaded it but where should I put it? I have the same problem with these guys. I only have one map and it closes when I try to open it.

redsaurus

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I downloaded it but where should I put it? I have the same problem with these guys. I only have one map and it closes when I try to open it.
It should go into your MBII folder that's inside /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy, replacing the old one.

What does the JKJALaunch window look like if you hold down shift when opening it?

When i open JKJA launch it cant even find my /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam, i cant do anything from the laucher it cant find the folder

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
When i open JKJA launch it cant even find my /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam, i cant do anything from the laucher it cant find the folder
Do you have Steam version of Jedi Academy installed at all?
Which folder is accessible from JKJALaunch? "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support"? "/Users/YOUR_NAME/"?
We need more information to provide useful support.

OKAY I can fix this problem for everybody.
have this window open beside the launcher. and drag the jedi acadamy icon onto the directory

screen-shot-2020-01-21-at-03-02-25-png.4308

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 03.02.25.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 03.02.25.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,133

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Can't get it to work somebody please help me out
Posts like this is a perfect example of how NOT to ask for technical support.
Saying "can't get it to work" is absolutely useless and complete waste of time for those who are reading that.

Explain your issue in detail.
Provide all the possible information.
Upload screenshots.
Quote absolutely every error message you're getting, fully and entirely, with no strips.

Last edited:
Hey RogueWookiee I followed your instruction last week and finally got the game running and have been having a blast, so first off thank you so much.

Now since the 1.1.6.2.4 Update dropped, I can still launch the game but no servers show up. The day it dropped I remember servers slowly disappearing until now they are all gone and all I can do is launch the game into the Start Screen.
I've tried switching between using the MBII 1.6.2.4 and MBII 1.6.1 folders in the User/Library/ApplicationSupport/Jedi Academy folder but the only difference is the Start Screen showing my last skin with the old folder vs. the update folder showing Kyle Katarn.

I haven't used any patches/upgrades or Redsaurus’s 1.6 Mac fix and the game was running flawlessly all week. I just downloaded the upgrade for 6.2.4 but I'm not sure what I should do with it...

Is anyone else having this issue? Are the servers active for anyone else or is the game dead until the servers adapt to the update? I just wanna get murdered by 15 year vets again :(

Last edited:
Hey RogueWookiee I followed your instruction last week and finally got the game running and have been having a blast, so first off thank you so much.

Now since the 1.1.6.2.4 Update dropped, I can still launch the game but no servers show up. The day it dropped I remember servers slowly disappearing until now they are all gone and all I can do is launch the game into the Start Screen.
I've tried switching between using the MBII 1.6.2.4 and MBII 1.6.1 folders in the User/Library/ApplicationSupport/Jedi Academy folder but the only difference is the Start Screen showing my last skin with the old folder vs. the update folder showing Kyle Katarn.

I haven't used any patches/upgrades or Redsaurus’s 1.6 Mac fix and the game was running flawlessly all week. I just downloaded the upgrade for 6.2.4 but I'm not sure what I should do with it...

Is anyone else having this issue? Are the servers active for anyone else or is the game dead until the servers adapt to the update? I just wanna get murdered by 15 year vets again :(
Unzip the 1.6.1.2 upgrade, once you do your gonna see a couple of files and one folder named ”MBII” all you have to do is get those files inside that new folder. and replace the current MBII files with them all you already have most of the assets from the previous patch that you need. So whenever you need to upgrade your patch; Follow the steps below

[INSTRUCTIONS]
Download the upgrade > unzip it > you will see a new MBII folder and in their it is just a couple files > go to that old MBII folder which you used and It had lots of files in > drag the new MBII assets in that old MBII folder > each time you drag one of them you will get a notification to replace or keep, press replace > press replace each time until their are no more files left in that new MBII upgrade then launch it how you usually would.

For future reference please include screenshots detailing of what your problem, this will help me and Puppytine solve your issue.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I am also having trouble following these instructions, because I can't find the"Jedi Academy" folder.

I've managed to find Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support, but there's no Jedi Academy folder in there, nor a Jedi Academy MP folder, nor a OpenJK folder. Any other ideas where this folder might exist or what it might be named? Any alternative file paths out there?

I've owned JKJA through the Apple Appstore for some time now but only recently learned about MB2. Is it not possible to play MB2 with the Appstore variant of JKJA?

Hello. Im a bit of a computer noob but I used to play on PC but now I have a Mac and I am trying to install movie battles two. I do not no how to find this file : /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy.
I have downloaded the mod and I have the game downloaded on steam. Also how do I unzip a file and when am I supposed to be unzipping files? Im just a tad confused I've read through this forum multiple times but I think I'm actually gonna need some help. Anything is appreciated and sorry again I'm a computer noob.

Hello. Im a bit of a computer noob but I used to play on PC but now I have a Mac and I am trying to install movie battles two. I do not no how to find this file : /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy.
I have downloaded the mod and I have the game downloaded on steam. Also how do I unzip a file and when am I supposed to be unzipping files? Im just a tad confused I've read through this forum multiple times but I think I'm actually gonna need some help. Anything is appreciated and sorry again I'm a computer noob.
When you finish installing the current patch you unzip it and you take the MBII Folder and put it in your Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy Directory, to get to that area there is an option on Mac called ''Go-To Folder" Press that and enter this Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy, that is where you are suppose to put the MBII Folder.