Give speed back to Sith, thx

Enclave FA is super win purely for the Jedi / Sith speed pursuits. Gief, thx.

On a serious note though, with the whole enhanced acrobatic ability of Jedi / Sith (lol, canon), it'd make sense to make speed a universal powa.

Again, because speed pursuits are awesome.

:)

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
No ranged saberist abilities thx.

I think the main idea behind this LS/DS split idea was probably to not give direct damaging powers to Jedi, also remove the Force Heal from Open mode (its easier to remove than redesign). However this is a BS, because damaging the enemy is kinda necessary in this game, also its possible to kill with Repulse easily, so Jedi actually already have a direct-killing ability. It'd be the best to give all 4 - currently LS/DS - force powers to both classes. The names "Force Stasis" (Grip) and "Force Stun" (Lightning) could be used for the two DS powers in Jedi, the names of the two LS powers could remain the same in Sith.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
No ranged saberist abilities thx.

No zero damage targeted ranged abilities? Why not. Would be good for giving Jedi a support ability that can be used to help push their team forward, especially against sniper heavy areas.

I would love to see a Chanelling daze ability:

Daze:
Level 1 - 4 points - 30fp - 10/sec
Spend 30 fp to cast daze at an enemy and daze him like the old poison. If you keep looking and casting at them (Like grip) you will keep the effect on but spending 10fp/sec (Like speed)

Level 2 - 6 points - 25fp - 5/sec
Spend 25 fp to cast daze at an enemy and daze him like the old poison. If you keep looking and casting at them (Like grip) you will keep the effect on, but spending 3fp/sec.

Level 3 - 10 points - 20fp
Spend 20 fp to cast daze at an enemy and daze him like the old poison. if you keep looking and casting at them (like grip) you will keep the effect over him, if you release, the enemy will stay dazed for +3 seconds.

While dazing you are vulnerable to force powers.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Remember: Force abilities are not inherently good or evil, it's how you use them.
- Kyle Katarn

Perhaps we should think like this in an action based game. Or you may do as Vitez has suggested so far.

I think Telekinetic powers should be available for both light and dark side. The only possible exceptions would be Lightning and stuff alike. However it still could be involved as an offensive ability in both sides via changing the effect of Lightning but dealing the same damage or so.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
What about a team focused power, such as giving extra DR or move speed to nearby teammates? Would end up giving a support ability to both sides.

What about a team focused power, such as giving extra DR or move speed to nearby teammates? Would end up giving a support ability to both sides.
But the empire never had something like Shan's Battle meditation, I think

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Doesn't matter, so long as it makes the game more balanced.

Perhaps Force Protect, you know, the green sphere from JA campaign, giving Jedi damage reduction as long as it is active and user has enough forcepower.

Of course having it on would be just like force sense, that is, halting forcepower regeneration on the duration.

Last edited:
if we add any more damage reduction to sith or jedi i'm going to cry. battle meditation as a -movement speed- buff would be neat though. and there are examples of it on both sides of the fence.

Phelps

Donator
What Khage suggests makes sense about selecting and removing. Though I'd like to give something to Jedi too.
I'm not even sure that I remember but me and Nero I think, we had an initial ideas about Jedi power in the old forums and Serath built up on it.
I just can't remember what the idea for the force power was.

Zed

Maybe instead of speed give the Sith Force Sheev, where one can do the speed 3 lunge attack. It would cost less than Speed would.
9xDrPgd.gif

Phelps

Donator
I like the idea, but I think the initial purpose for the thread was for Sith to be able to cover longer distance in a short time. Like Jedi does with speed.

Dark Rage in base.

Out of all the ideas, I think this one makes the most sense if we are sticking to theme of Sith having more "damage" type force powers while Jedi have more passive. I personally don't think sith really need force speed. Most of the time, the imperials are the defense on maps and would only really use this to chase enemies down. If sith get force speed, you're going to see DOTF cleared in record speed.

Sylar

Donator
I like the grip for jedi idea, with the correct balances ofc would be a blast ;).

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Yeah still probably not gonna happen.

Adding protect to jedis sounds interesting as long as it only works on teammates within a certain radius and no the caster.
And maybe having both heal and protect could act as a aoe heal and DR which could at least be utilized in FA mode, though that would probably make healer classes pointless though.

The speed buff with a battle meditation also sounds interesting if it can actually be coded into the game.
I think according to the KOTOR I and II lore Battle Meditation can be learned by anyone but it is really difficult to train it to an advanced level, and that people who are born with the affinity to learn it can make it very potent in practice.