Give speed back to Sith, thx

Enclave FA is super win purely for the Jedi / Sith speed pursuits. Gief, thx.

On a serious note though, with the whole enhanced acrobatic ability of Jedi / Sith (lol, canon), it'd make sense to make speed a universal powa.

Again, because speed pursuits are awesome.

:)

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I'd really like to see this. It's just as neutral as push/pull/sense. The problem is coming up with a good replacement power so jedi also have two unique powers. I wouldn't mind if jedi got grip to solve that, there were plenty of jedi that used grip and even Luke used it in Ep6.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The thought has been around for a long time. I myself have wanted speed for sith for ages.

The problem is, what do we give jedi's instead? They can't have only mt vs grip/lightning, they gotta get smth. I suggested heal but devs were reluctant, yet heal was taken out when sabers did hp dmg and that made heal OP. I don't believe it will be OP if implemented correctly. After all, Jedi/sith often get instagibbed anyways.

Other than heal I'm kinda stumped. Force Absorb/shield, but OP so how to implement?

Force projectile with similar effect as destruction?

Force blind has been an FA power forever, but OP so how to implement?

So the problem is what to give the jedi's in order to compensate for speed becoming a neutral force power again. Heal is my best bet atm.

perhaps do it so that sith have to choose between either speed or lightning? as having 3 powers is obvs silly amounts of OP, as soon as one is selected the other one is removed from class config.

obvs not the strongest solution in the world, but I'm sure myself / others will eventually come up with a suitable solution

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I want speed for Sith again. I'd just give Jedi a non-damaging version of grip at a slightly lower point cost or something similar - lets levitate some bitches.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I want speed for Sith again. I'd just give Jedi a non-damaging version of grip at a slightly lower point cost or something similar - lets levitate some bitches.
So Sith get something useful, while Jedi get a worse version of grip? :/

Grip currently has some horrendous force costs to use.

So Sith get something useful, while Jedi get a worse version of grip? :/

Grip currently has some horrendous force costs to use.
Horrendous as in too high force drain? I would disagree if that's what you're saying, considering grip works in what feels like 1 second on gunners and Jedi not including the force focus time. I don't know the exact time it takes but making the force drain any lower than it is would make grip even more imbalanced, especially in 1v1 situations

Regarding giving Speed to Sith, it's not a bad idea and I don't think it would change too much. If Sith were to get speed I suppose it would only be fair to add another power for Jedi considering the only unique power they would have at that point is mind trick. I'm not sure what exactly, a form of grip could work or we could try and get creative and give them something else

Last edited:
Speed for sith would be good, but as everyone already said, there would have to be a new power for jedi. Some people would also whine that sith having speed would shift the tactics on some maps. Git gud and adapt. The only thing I'm worried about are poor wookiees who may not be fast enough to dodge a speedlunging sith.

Are we going to have another 20 page 'new jedi power' suggestions thread?

I think we can give the Jedi new force STUN DROID from KOTOR instead of the speed.
KotOR_Force_power_Destroy_Droid.png

It will be used to battery drain SBD or reduce ammo\shield deka.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Horrendous as in too high force drain? I would disagree if that's what you're saying, considering grip works in what feels like 1 second on gunners and Jedi not including the force focus time. I don't know the exact time it takes but making the force drain any lower than it is would make grip even more imbalanced, especially in 1v1 situations

Regarding giving Speed to Sith, it's not a bad idea and I don't think it would change too much. If Sith were to get speed I suppose it would only be fair to add another power for Jedi considering the only unique power they would have at that point is mind trick. I'm not sure what exactly, a form of grip could work or we could try and get creative and give them something else
I would rather Jedi get lightning.

Personally I don't think Sith need speed. There are very few times they could utilize it, considering most of the time they're on defense anyways. As for Jedi getting grip as compensation, that's like trading a shotgun for a paintball gun. Sith get an ability that has a variety of uses, while Jedi get an ability with limited use against two classes on the imperial team (Sith and SBD), and absolutely no use against dekas whatsoever.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Personally I don't think Sith need speed. There are very few times they could utilize it, considering most of the time they're on defense anyways. As for Jedi getting grip as compensation, that's like trading a shotgun for a paintball gun. Sith get an ability that has a variety of uses, while Jedi get an ability with limited use against two classes on the imperial team (Sith and SBD), and absolutely no use against dekas whatsoever.

There's plenty of maps with sith on offense (not that they get played too often), but speed has a lot of utility even on defense. Speed lunges, speeding to a fallen gunner to protect, quickly responding to a flank, etc. How does grip have limited use against sith and SBD? It still serves its main purpose of preventing firing or turning off saber. The only class it would be useless against is deka, but grip in the hands of sith is usually already useless against wookiee so that seems fair.

I was skimming through the sonic rocket grenade thread and it brought me back to this old idea of questioning why is just a burst ability?
Throw, impact/set mine, explosion, effect for x seconds. And that's it...
Why not something that was more active. A whistling rocket? Would be a regular explosion except it would whistle, and anyone close by as it whistled passed would be deafened/sonic'd. In that regard...

Why doesn't sonic mute or turn off sound temporarily? Nice bonus. Adds to gameplay, etc.
Why not a continuous blaring that deafens/Hands over their ears all in its range?

And then...back to this thread? Why not make it a force power? An ability that is only active so long as you channel it, similar to how you have to hold down force lightning. Everyone in its range is soniced and remains so until they run outside its range or the force user stops using it.

I know when Emo Vader cried out Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo at the end of the Prequels I cringed and tried to cover my bleeding ears.:)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
There's plenty of maps with sith on offense (not that they get played too often), but speed has a lot of utility even on defense. Speed lunges, speeding to a fallen gunner to protect, quickly responding to a flank, etc. How does grip have limited use against sith and SBD? It still serves its main purpose of preventing firing or turning off saber. The only class it would be useless against is deka, but grip in the hands of sith is usually already useless against wookiee so that seems fair.
Grip kind of works against SBD, but it's like trying to move a really obese guy with a forklift. Hilarious, but not very efficient. Using it on SBD's would probably be more of a detriment than ignoring it and hoping they don't wreck you outright.

Give Jedi some evasion thingy that makes him dodge all bullets and dash forward with saber attack on lvl 3, just stupid idea that came from my head right now.

Sith Speed could be okay and funm but it would really make difference on some maps.

Moar: :)

• Force Slow - Slows all players, physical projectiles so long as the jedi channels it. Think of it as an area effect grip that does no damage and does not paralyze opponents ability to attack. Just slows them down.
  • Force Disguise - the fa ability.
  • Force Blind - a variation of FA Blind, Blinds the target of everything except players. So basically everything except players turns black. The floors, ceiling, walls, sky, treets, pits vanish. Removes all terrain and only terrain from your vision for x amount of seconds.
  • Force Astral Projection - an ability that lets you leave your body and act as a spectator, except you set off doors/alarms/etc. ;replace with seeing.
  • Force Suppression - force focus(unless they're low on force which makes it easier) this ability on a sith to suppress their ability to use the force. Sith will find themselves suddenly unable to use push, pull, grip, lightning. Maybe even jump:) Sounds evil. But jedi are the good guys right?
  • Force Illusion - a play on the fa disguise ability: This ability allows you to select a target - teammate/enemy/npc? and disguise them based on their original team. If the target is a teammate, he takes on the guise of a member of the enemy team. If the target is an enemy, he takes on the appearance of one of *your* teammates, sowing confusion and strife and just all around...chaos:)
  • Force Ghost - turn off your saber, activate skill, get struck down and become a ghost. You have no physical body, but you remain visible, confusing the enemas. Give useful advice/ghosting legitimately.
  • Force Dodge - Sacrifice all your force power to receive full, traditional dodge immunity. No sniper can touch you. Most blaster fire will miss you. Every force power will work against you. A throwbacking to the base game where those pesky jedi npcs couldnt be sniped or shot. Would last for just a few seconds, 3 to 5. Op in certain situations:)
  • Force Daze - The old poison visual distortion, brought back to wreak its revenge upon the unsuspecting once again.
  • Force Reflect - Reflects back lightning and grip dmg to the sith using it against you. Think Yoda throwing back Palps lightning.
  • Force Battle Sense - share the level of your sense, when active, with teammates close by you.
That's it...for now.o_O

Force Blind that makes the environment completely blank would be actually a pretty good ability. You can still see players when affected, but you can't see around you so you might run into a corner. Higher ranks of the ability could affect more people, have more range and last longer. Some would whine that it's annoying, but everything in this game is annoying if you die to it often enough.

Ability to otherwise screw with the senses of the enemy, like causing distracting noise, would also be a good, tactical ability.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The best solution for this would just give Sith something similar to Dark Rage in base. You get speed for the cost of draining health and force. Although I don't know if giving a damage boost would be too op or not.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I actually quite like that Force Daze idea above - the old poison camera effect would be pretty strong and unique, especially if the first person part of it was fixed and it isn't as jarring as blind is in FA. It could be targeted like Force Destruction so it would have to be aimed as well, higher ranks having a larger splash area/duration. Zero damage alternative crowd control ability that isn't a knockdown or stun. Something like:

Force Daze Rank 1, 30fp

Launch an attack that dazes the target upon impact for a 3 seconds. Causing motion distortion and slowing the target by 20%. No splash radius.

Force Daze Rank 2, 30fp
Launch an attack that dazes the target and nearby enemies upon impact for a 4 seconds. Causing motion distortion and slowing targets by 20%. Small splash radius.

Force Daze Rank 3, 30fp
Launch an attack that dazes the target and nearby enemies upon impact for a 5 seconds. Causing motion distortion and slowing targets by 20%. Medium splash radius.

Last edited:
There's a few other ways you could implement it.

You could make it a line of sight ability(Think Dracula's hypnotic eyes:)), much like force sight destruction works in pb and I guess fa?
You turn it on, it dmgs ur target, in this case, it dazes them so long as you keep them in your reticule.

Another way; Line of sight ability that requires you to lock on for X seconds(think grip lock) and then the target is dazed. Don't have to maintain LOS once the lock is achieved and daze launched:)

I also like proximity based dizziness for multiple opponents but that might not be fair?

Sith have one single target ability and one crowd target ability.
Mt is already a crowd target so maybe it would be better to keep Daze a single target ability?

Or is that just ridiculous to limit an ability on such criteria?

Melee Force Jedi with crowd target Daze...Bacchus letting the Madness dance amongst the puny mortals.