Give speed back to Sith, thx

Enclave FA is super win purely for the Jedi / Sith speed pursuits. Gief, thx.

On a serious note though, with the whole enhanced acrobatic ability of Jedi / Sith (lol, canon), it'd make sense to make speed a universal powa.

Again, because speed pursuits are awesome.

:)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I don't think sith should have speed. It will make sith and jedi too similar, skins as the only difference. Sidious and Vader doesn't look like fast guys, and also I can hardly imagine Obi-Wan using lightning.
It would be better if grip became more powerful; playing mb2, watching people, I found that speed is used pretty often, lightning is popular too, and from time to time mindtrick is on, while grip seen rare, very rare. I think this is because players don't get something useful from grip, so they ignore it. IMHO buffing grip is more suitable than speed for sith.

while grip seen rare, very rare. I think this is because players don't get something useful from grip, so they ignore it. IMHO buffing grip is more suitable than speed for sith.
Lol they just nerfed grip a few updates ago because it was too powerful. It's not useless, but just less practical on maps like Dotf.

I don't think sith should have speed. It will make sith and jedi too similar, skins as the only difference. Sidious and Vader doesn't look like fast guys, and also I can hardly imagine Obi-Wan using lightning.
It would be better if grip became more powerful; playing mb2, watching people, I found that speed is used pretty often, lightning is popular too, and from time to time mindtrick is on, while grip seen rare, very rare. I think this is because players don't get something useful from grip, so they ignore it. IMHO buffing grip is more suitable than speed for sith.

Mmm..I don't think grip really needs a buff. I use grip 1 on my build and i think it takes what....3 or 4 seconds or so to grip someone. I mainly use it as a taunt to make gunners run so I can push them with push 3. I don't really see a use for holding someone off the ground, especially in open. It's funny that more people appear to use mindtrick now, considering its extremely short duration.

I would love to see speed on Sith. It is one of the main reasons why I always play Jedi instead.

Kitho

Donator
Call it like that and we have a grip for Jedi! =)
Force Levitation
- involves using telekinesis aided by the Force to lift yourself, others or items into the air

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Call it like that and we have a grip for Jedi! =)
Force Levitation - involves using telekinesis aided by the Force to lift yourself, others or items into the air
With AOE :)

Just ascribe a cmd so a sith or jedi can change their personal gravity and you have the equivalent of force glide:) g_gravity_personal 1 lift off gooooooooooo:)

I'm a snowflake. Watch me melt into a pile of goo from all the lasers that are going to target me as I gently waft down.

I've got the perfect idea.

2841222428_008da7d7e0.jpg

Ground Slam
- each level up increases the radius
- is 1034930% canon because it would be purely a defensive power instead of offensive and Jedi are hella defensive like that
- So that it isn't super OP, perhaps a similar animation to repluse so that enemies may have a slight chance of retaliation if it's being spammed
- MT & Lightning are long range, Grip & this would be close quarters so it's ultra balanced
- Anim just before serves as a warning the same way grip icon does when being gripped

I'm sure you guys can work out further mechanics + point system etc.

amirite?

edit - was just in-game; the increased radius per level is kinda daft, will have to find another means of levelling up the ting

Last edited:
I was more on about a grounding on the spot (simple version) or a levitate then grounding effect (razzle dazzle version) instead of sending opponents flying away

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
How about another form of sense for jedi but more team play. Here are the different stages I have come up with o-o.

LVL 1 - 8 points: Allows user to see enemies like sense 2, and nearby teammates can see enemies on the map like sense 1
LVL 2 - 6-10 points: Teammates can now be further away from user and see enemies with sense 2
LVL 3 - 6-10 points: Teammates can see enemies at a greater distance from user, user can has the effect of sense 3 and whether teammates have the effect of sense 3 or 2 is up to devs. Perhaps they have sense 3 and it decreases as they get further away?
this is just an idea I think it could help support gunners so they can be aware of enemies instead of Jedi taking the risk of typing in team chat. I know this would help a lot in many circumstances. And if sith are speeding at you it could not make a difference because they r 3fast5u.

How about another form of sense for jedi but more team play. Here are the different stages I have come up with o-o.

LVL 1 - 8 points: Allows user to see enemies like sense 2, and nearby teammates can see enemies on the map like sense 1
LVL 2 - 6-10 points: Teammates can now be further away from user and see enemies with sense 2
LVL 3 - 6-10 points: Teammates can see enemies at a greater distance from user, user can has the effect of sense 3 and whether teammates have the effect of sense 3 or 2 is up to devs. Perhaps they have sense 3 and it decreases as they get further away?
this is just an idea I think it could help support gunners so they can be aware of enemies instead of Jedi taking the risk of typing in team chat. I know this would help a lot in many circumstances. And if sith are speeding at you it could not make a difference because they r 3fast5u.

This was sense before it was changed previously. It's fine as is. Also, this thread is about providing a force power that allows sith to get around the map faster.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
This was sense before it was changed previously. It's fine as is. Also, this thread is about providing a force power that allows sith to get around the map faster.
it was a bonus for jedi so both teams got something instead of the sith having more than the jedi

it was a bonus for jedi so both teams got something instead of the sith having more than the jedi

Sense is fine as is. Sense 3 already allows you to see all enemies through walls and even color codes them between friend and foe for both teams. If it's not broken, don't fix it. And again, this thread isn't about giving another force power to Jedis. It's about giving sith a force power that allows them to travel across the map faster.

This thread is about providing a force power that allows sith to get around the map faster.

No, this thread is about returning Sith what is a neutral force power (in terms of canon before you QQ and say that sith doesn't have speed in base jka)

No, this thread is about returning Sith what is a neutral force power (in terms of canon before you QQ and say that sith doesn't have speed in base jka)

Title: Give speed back to Sith, thx

o_o?

Also, I don't really care about it being Canon or not as long as it fits within the Star Wars Universe. As others have pointed out, Force Rage would be a good fit, but would need some balancing. Considering the fact that it drains hp and does increased dmg. Personally, I don't really care for adding any force powers to Sith. They already have enough damage dealing force powers to not need speed or another "Neutral" force power. If people defended the objective instead of trying to chase down the enemy for kills, this would be a non-issue.

Title: Give speed back to Sith, thx

o_o?

Also, I don't really care about it being Canon or not as long as it fits within the Star Wars Universe. As others have pointed out, Force Rage would be a good fit, but would need some balancing. Considering the fact that it drains hp and does increased dmg. Personally, I don't really care for adding any force powers to Sith. They already have enough damage dealing force powers to not need speed or another "Neutral" force power. If people defended the objective instead of trying to chase down the enemy for kills, this would be a non-issue.

Force rage would only be a fit aesthetically - increased damage with a class that already dishes out one hit kills 95% of the time? (wookies) Did you really think that one through?

And the same way that you can't select M5 Scope & M5 Launcher, perhaps limit lightning to lightning 2 should speed be selected.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I see no issue with Lightning + Speed. I didn't back in b16 and I don't now - Hell most of the players these days never had to fight instant grip.

I do wish we had a non-damage version of grip for Jedi, lift people up etc afterall the damage component isn't why you'd buy grip in the first place. And then giving speed to Sith.

Last edited: