•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Droideka guns glitch

The Destroyer droids guns will mess up a lot of the time. I'd say 80% of the time.
They will either:
-Be invisible
-Shoot red blinding smokey rays of death that prevent me from seeing anything on screen
-Shoot yellow massive explosive bombs that blind the whole screen and slow down the game from fps lag (these are like the in game Strouker Concussion rifle shots except continous and don't do knock backs)

Also anyone who is hit by a glitched Droidekas guns will have the model be glitched, wheather it is me or someone on there team or my team, they will ethier.
-Shine a glitchy green or purple or red color
-Show a blue hologram which shows a video if you look cloesly

The blood spots will also be different, larger and often glitchy.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It sounds like you might need to repair installation (can be done in the launcher options) and check to be sure you don't have anything additional running along side MBII. This mean's replacements or additional mods installed within the MBII folder.

However, we did find something that may cause certain FX to be invisible on some maps, I haven't heard any other of the symptoms as a result of that issue so I am unsure if that might be the cause of what you are seeing since it only occurs on a few maps right now and happens way less than 80% of the time. That issue, should be fixed before next update.

I have the same issue, I've already done the repair installation. Now I tested the issue for about an hour.

-I concluded that the first time you join a server then your deka gun is fine, so if I want the deka gun to be fine I have to restart the game
-tested that the gun doesn't depend on your model choice
-probably your gun depends on how many maps you played without a restart, and doesn't depend on the map what I first believed

I couldn't find any other correlations but besides what OP said I could get the followings as well:
- some kind of smoke shooting gun
-t-21 blasts
-small purplish/pinkish projectiles
-small orange projectiles
-kinda large white balls as projectiles
-hitscan red shots but the fx at your modell is explosion
-when your projectile is invisible, the fx at your gun can vary a lot as well: you can be flaming, do all kind of flashes etc.

The above listed bugged guns are rare, the common bugged deka guns are what OP said. I believe the other bugged guns can only appear after you joined a lot of servers (or played a lot of maps on 1 server), but sometimes the game prooved me wrong (I got the smoke shooting gun on 2nd server)

-also once the deka rolled with black flames

Lastly I have these since I'm using steam version JKA (on Mac). With my CD version the deka gun was fine.

Yep^ I tried that, when I enter a new server it is fine, the second the map changes the guns become weird. I also have a mac and am using the steam version.
Another mac issue?

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I've seen this bug LONG time ago - many times, with many various weapons (their effects were replaced by random effect of any other weapon). Haven't seen it once since switching to openJk exclusively. Maybe try it?

It doesn't let me upload demos here, so I googled a place to upload it to. Here are the links:
http://www.filedropper.com/demo0001
http://www.filedropper.com/demo0003_1

In demo 1 the gun is fully invisible, in 3 it's tiny orange projectiles and a red laser is shooting out of the deka.
Also how can I watch my auto demo? It doesn't appear at play/demo

I'm looking up openjk at the moment, never tried it before, I don't really know what it is.

Yes I see the issue in the demo too, works exactly the same as in game. The first demo I play has normal gun, the second gets a random bugged gun.

So here's one bugged gun. It's hard to take a screenshot where you can see it.

Attachments

• shot0004.jpg
    shot0004.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 340
  • shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 338