Constructive Criticism On My Video

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hi all! I just released my first video related to MBII. I would love it if you could give me some tips and criticism on it! (Please avoid the following topics as I am aware of them :) )
Please refrain from these topics:
  • FPS counter.
  • Audio (I lent my mic out to a friend.)
  • Lag meter.
  • Any internet lag.
  • My frame-rate (I need a new HDD)
Other then that, please let me know what I can do to make my video better. Also feel free to ask questions.
P.S. This is not a montage, I prefer to do commentary :)

Upvote 0
You seem like a nice guy based on your video.

The only game-play tip I have would be to remember to watch your force pool. You seem to be wasting it a lot making those big jumps in the air.
It's a good habit to learn to push when a gunner is about to throw his grenade.

It would also be good to know how to use force speed as a jedi because it can really help out in taking out gunners that are slightly out of your reach with force push or faster than you.

Come commands you can always try to type in to help stabilize your connection if you haven't used them would be
/rate 25000
/cl_maxpackets 100
/com_maxfps 50
/snaps 40

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Thanks! I agree that I need to allocate my FP a bit better, I feel that being above my target is always an advantage, even though it is not.
Come commands you can always try to type in to help stabilize your connection if you haven't used them
Luckily I have, I believe that it was that server specifically. It could also be that I live in a state where Internet is not very high speed.

Controlling your fp does actually sound like a good idea, always remember, -spamming- deflect 2 and 1 will consume more force points than not deflecting a shot at all. But well timed deflects against low-power weapons (non-charged manda double westars) will do nicely.

Also, a recommendation if you want to do more videos is downloading JAMME, albeit you can completely do them without it, it might help you set a scene that you might have recorded with your demo or show the viewers something of the game you played from another camera angle

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Also, a recommendation if you want to do more videos is downloading JAMME
I've tried downloading and I would love to use it, but I'm pretty sure its incompatible with my shitty graphics card.

you shameless pushwhore ;)
protip: try not to rely on force push when killing gunners, it's annoying and cheap and it's going to be nerfed soon i hope
also, not relying entirely on force wallhack is a good habit too imo

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
@Damn Polak I'm sorry. I was not aware that it was a "cheap" move. It's used all the time so I figured it's a common strategy. Especially considering that it's not that hard counter. I'll try to rely on it less.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
you shameless pushwhore ;)
protip: try not to rely on force push when killing gunners, it's annoying and cheap and it's going to be nerfed soon i hope
also, not relying entirely on force wallhack is a good habit too imo
Really? And what else do you want, uh? Maybe we should turn our lightsabers off and standing still so you could aim?
Also push wasn't nerfed in beta, so what makes you think that?
@Damn Polak I'm sorry. I was not aware that it was a "cheap" move. It's used all the time so I figured it's a common strategy. Especially considering that it's not that hard counter. I'll try to rely on it less.
Don't listen to him, he just doesn't want to put an effort to play against push.
There is no such think as "cheap", there are only things those comply server's rules (like push or sense), and those which don't (like cheating, timewasting etc). Feel free to use everything except breaking the rules.
It crashes when I launch it. :(
How does it crash? Any error messages?

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
So I before I was running jaMME through the MBII launcher. Running the exe seemed to work. :)

ent

Movie Battles II Team
You don't have to run it within .exe. >______________<
GOD, make people read tutorials and descriptions.