{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I feel as though Clone is too gimmicky, and currently has nothing to do with the actual movie/series Clones in playstyle/usefulness. This rework I believe would make Clone a versatile class that is not stronger than the 2 live counterparts ET/Com, but simply more adaptable. The ability to be a mobile assault class, a mid ranged support, or a long ranged engagement class would be rather interesting, I think, and make Clone infinitely more enjoyable.

- - - Clone - - -

- Weapons
* * Pistol
Description: Same as current.

* * DC-15s
Levels: 1, 2, 3
Cost: 6-7-8
Description: Reskin of E-11

* * DC-15a
Cost: 8-18-24
Description: The long clone rifle, for accurate long-ranged engagements. Slow fire rate, high damage, high accuracy.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 30
Accuracy: Only when standing still, crouched, or walking
- Level 2
Damage: 33
Accuracy: Always accurate
Adds Scope
- Level 3
Primary Damage: 35
Secondary: Charge shot, starting at 30, reaching maximum 100
Accuracy: Always accurate, charge shot only accurate while walking

* * Minigun
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 20-30
Description: The current minigun, with some tweaks
Stats:
- Level 1
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: Current CR2
- Level 2
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: CR3
_________
- Abilities

* * Sprint
Cost: 0-6-12
Description: Allows the Clone to sprint *forward* only until his stamina runs out, while sprinting the clone fires inaccurately.
Stats:
- Level 1
The Clone can sprint for short distances at a time
- Level 2
The Clone can sprint for long distances at a time
- Level 3
The Clone can sprint forever, and can use crouch to cancel out of sprint with a roll in any direction.

* * Bash
Cost: 0-8-14
Description: Allows the Clone to bash a target with his rifle-stock, extremely short range.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 6
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.5 seconds
- Level 2
Damage: 14
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.7 seconds
- Level 3
Damage: 20
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Staggers the target for 1 second

* * Reinforcements
Description: Same as current

_________
- Items

* * Pulse Grenades
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 6-6
Description: Grants the Clone up to 2 Pulse Grenades

* * Armor

* * Ammo

Last edited:
So you want to be able to build *everything*? That is why? You're not supposed to be able to get EVERYTHING.
Did i get everything from your rework class in the build i mentioned?I surely didn't write a level two Minigun and a level 3 DC-15a,or a max armor.
I just wrote a semi-good build against Siths and Gunners at close range.With your rework,i had to use 40 points of uselessness that could get me killed at close range and sacrifice the only reinforcement this class has,when in the current state of the clone i can get both of those functions with 5 POINTS AND have a reinforcement.This kind of build...it's NOT worth it.This rework isn't needed.

And before you start talking about blobs and how they're a "terrible,stupid,non-existent in lore gimmick":
Form of Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem:Only because you think blobs are a stupid and terrible gimmick,it doesn't mean that others think it's a stupid and terrible gimmick.
And i don't think i even need to tell you why:Many users argued with you in the other pages.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Did i get everything from your rework class in the build i mentioned?I surely didn't write a level two Minigun and a level 3 DC-15a,or a max armor.
I just wrote a semi-good build against Siths and Gunners at close range.With your rework,i had to use 40 points of uselessness that could get me killed at close range and sacrifice the only reinforcement this class has,when in the current state of the clone i can get both of those functions with 5 POINTS AND have a reinforcement.This kind of build...it's NOT worth it.This rework isn't needed.

And before you start talking about blobs and how they're a "terrible,stupid,non-existent in lore gimmick":
Form of Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem:Only because you think blobs are a stupid and terrible gimmick,it doesn't mean that others think it's a stupid and terrible gimmick.
And i don't think i even need to tell you why:Many users argued with you in the other pages.

Yes, because current clone gives you everything for nothing. That is why the current build is flawed. Do you think an SBD should be able to get all types of armor, firepower 3, AND battery recharge? A clone that builds 2 lives in my rework will only be slightly more effective combat-wise as a Commander/ET, if you go for 1 life, you'll be more effective. Does that not make sense? Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, we live in a game where a 2 life class can be insanely powerful because people think it is fine, and 'fun'. Clone is a mid-way bridge between ET, and Arc, it won't be completely unique, and it shouldn't be completely unique, but this would make it easily the most versatile class in the game.

That isn't what Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem means, it is 'Argument from Antiquity' or 'Argument from Tradition', meaning 'That's how it has always been, so it should remain so'

MrW5mUX.gif

chicknman

Banned
Achilles attempting to prove a point on AOD Rotation by playing a clone (he's Clone Padawan)... clearly blobs are super OP and gimmicky and take no skill, but it's weird bcuz the numbers just don't add up... (Blue - 16, Red - 0) o well I guess that ends this discussion!

*Spoilers*
(He made excuses)

20161229224202_1.jpg

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Woz0rs, so you stacked a team in MB2 to prove a point, by using an army of counters to Clone, when most of my team couldn't even walk against push? You truly are the master of debate. Good job disproving everyone with that impressive display of argumentative skill. It is entirely my fault that I didn't win every 1v6 fight I was up against, because you know, I always said that Clone can 1v50 with ease, right? I'm sure that Paradine swapping teams to fight against that stack of his would've been able to win back the game with any other class by himself, right?

Paradine is the type of person to have a debate with his professor, and then flood the lecture hall with his friends who proceed to throw eggs at the professor. #debatewon

Anywho, I called it at the very beginning of this entire thread, that Chicknman was one of Paradine's parasites, and that if I attacked his favorite class, I'd get hounded. See, these are the people voting against reworking classes that need them, trolls that like to use them. Do you think it is an accident that they all spammed lightning Sith/T-21s? He still failed to prove his point, because any class I used would have failed against a stack such as that, and I did better with Clone in those situations than I would have with any gunner class.

chicknman

Banned
Woz0rs, so you stacked a team in MB2 to prove a point, by using an army of counters to Clone, when most of my team couldn't even walk against push? You truly are the master of debate. Good job disproving everyone with that impressive display of argumentative skill. It is entirely my fault that I didn't win every 1v6 fight I was up against, because you know, I always said that Clone can 1v50 with ease, right? I'm sure that Paradine swapping teams to fight against that stack of his would've been able to win back the game with any other class by himself, right?

Paradine is the type of person to have a debate with his professor, and then flood the lecture hall with his friends who proceed to throw eggs at the professor. #debatewon

Anywho, I called it at the very beginning of this entire thread, that Chicknman was one of Paradine's parasites, and that if I attacked his favorite class, I'd get hounded. See, these are the people voting against reworking classes that need them, trolls that like to use them. Do you think it is an accident that they all spammed lightning Sith/T-21s? He still failed to prove his point, because any class I used would have failed against a stack such as that, and I did better with Clone in those situations than I would have with any gunner class.

First of all, I have no affiliation with Paradine, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. I don't know who the top scoring people were, but they seemed to share the same view on how ridiculous your efforts were to try and prove that clone was op. You continuously spammed your "clone is easy" bind after you got a kill, until your score started to tank. Weren't you just making an argument that clone spam is overpowered against most other classes? Your team spammed clone and yet you continued to lose, and now you're complaining about Sith/T-21 spam. I guess we have to rework Sith and Commander now too... My previous argument still stands, this is a classic case of "I got owned by <insert class>, please nerf".

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
First of all, I have no affiliation with Paradine, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. I don't know who the top scoring people were, but they seemed to share the same view on how ridiculous your efforts were to try and prove that clone was op. You continuously spammed your "clone is easy" bind after you got a kill, until your score started to tank. Weren't you just making an argument that clone spam is overpowered against most other classes? Your team spammed clone and yet you continued to lose, and now you're complaining about Sith/T-21 spam. I guess we have to rework Sith and Commander now too... My previous argument still stands, this is a classic case of "I got owned by <insert class>, please nerf".

Nope, I was just making a point at how easy Clone was to use and do well with, and enjoying myself being on the usage end of Clone. I also did infact prove my point. I never said Clone was capable of dealing with 5 players simultaneously, and I actually stated multiple times that I think Sith/Jedi/T-21 need nerfs eventually. My argument was that Clone is bland, boring, and stronger than most other classes, infact the strongest class in the game, and incredibly easy to use (proof being that I was doing well with Clone for most of my games today, even though I'm not a good gunner (average at best)). I never stated that I can take on a stacked team of Sith/T-21s as Clone, or any class for that matter. However, I don't think you can actually read, so all the arguments you glossed over are lost on you, and you may have just ruined the anti-rework argument for yourself, and those others against it.

People want to nerf Clone without actually nerfing it, and make incredibly tiny adjustments, yet fail to realize that the entire class is really the problem. It has one weapon, and one 'mechanic', they are both one trick ponies.

So we just need to add 1-2 more weapons and more mechanics for it and it's fine? If only that happens, people could still use the 1 trick poni clone rifle+blob builds, they don't need to use the alternatives. But blobs are gone by your suggestion I see. Then you would get bash instead of that and be the same "bland" "boring" class with an alternative weaker knockdown (or stagger) mechanic. Basically with your suggestion the clone gets more option, but maybe many of those options would be useless (needs a lot of testing and feedback to get it right) and people would perhaps only use 1 or 2 builds. Also you didn't really make clones any weaker when that should be the point right? As you believe them to be too strong. You even buffed stamina/sprint 3, can sprint and shoot wiht lvl 1 sprint which costs 0 point, gave them a wookie slap like ability, gave full accuracy for dc-15a and a high-dmg blast (I mean the lvl 3 dc-15a secondary). Could it be that the ultimate goal of your rework was to remove blobs? :) The removal of blobs makes clones somewhat weaker against sith but not really against gunners.

Yes, we fail to realize that the entire class is the problem. We don't see it as a problem. What are your arguments for convincing us? "Bland, boring, and stronger than most other classes, infact the strongest class in the game, and incredibly easy to use" I hope you see that these are very weak arguments, you don't back them up with anything. No, wait there's the proof that you were doing well with clone for most of your games today/yesterday. Strong evidence.

Do you really want to convince people here or do you just take out your hate on clones this way? I even gave you some real arguments in my 1st post for why clones are strong and easy to use, but you dismissed that. Wait, I know you had arguments for why blob is bad, that there is no counter-play to it, gimmicky etc., but apparently that didn't convince anyone either, or did it? (stand up if you're convinced by that)

Blob is love, blob is life. Actually we need more blobs. :D
Blob storm incoming. Introduction: in my eyes, blobs seem to be nade replacement, concussion blobs being similiar to secondary frag nade, and ion blobs resembling sonic nades a little. (maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought of it this way, since ion blob and sonic nades were introduced in the same build)
So we need EXPLOSION blobs, which tries to be similiar to primary frag nades. I had this in mind for a long time and this thread is the perfect opportunity to present it.
Explosion blobs: flies like ion blob, explodes 3 seconds after launching, bounces off walls, naturally it's pushable by sith, regarding damage, it's stronger than concussion nade, but weaker than primary frag nade. It's best use would be to bombard enemies far away like at main corridor of DOTF
Now for the other idiotic blobs that I dreamed up.
Poison blobs: since it's not instant hit, it should deal 1,5x-2x dmg of bh's poison
Tracking blobs: tracks the target, duh.
Knockback blobs: doesn't deal any damage, just pushes the enemy back 5-10 meters. Why only force users can do that? Blob your enemies into the enemy fireline!!! Actually it should deal 1 dmg for the lulz 1 hp victim kills. Could be charged, fully charged blob would send you flying into a wall...SPLAT!!! :)
Mind-trick blobs: become invisible to the target that you hit for 5 seconds!!
Jar Jar blobs: launches a hologram of Jar Jar, players around the hologram will listen to Jar-Jar for 30 seconds!!4!4!! Unless it's destroyed.
Grip-blobs: blob causes suffocation and deals damage over time

Imps will never know what kind of blob hits them!

EDIT: I missed the best, TD blobs MUHHAHAHAH

Last edited:
Yes, because current clone gives you everything for nothing. That is why the current build is flawed. Do you think an SBD should be able to get all types of armor, firepower 3, AND battery recharge? A clone that builds 2 lives in my rework will only be slightly more effective combat-wise as a Commander/ET, if you go for 1 life, you'll be more effective. Does that not make sense? Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, we live in a game where a 2 life class can be insanely powerful because people think it is fine, and 'fun'. Clone is a mid-way bridge between ET, and Arc, it won't be completely unique, and it shouldn't be completely unique, but this would make it easily the most versatile class in the game.
It gives "everything" of YOUR rework,so of course YOU think it's flawed.
And now you're bringing SBD up,for what reason?they are two very different classes,and don't have the same gimmicks.
That does make sense,but it will NOT make clone a fun/good class.Yes,it will be versatile,but why use Clones as a class that can be a "sniping class" or "soldier class" when we already have Soldiers and Heroes to fill that?
Why play clones that have a max of 80/80 when you can have a Hero that has 100/100 projectile rifle?Why play clones that have a weapon very similiar to Soldiers,when soldiers have three lives when(based off the build i wrote)clones will have 1 life because of these useless "functions"?

That isn't what Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem means, it is 'Argument from Antiquity' or 'Argument from Tradition', meaning 'That's how it has always been, so it should remain so'
strange,because i definetively saw you write:
Counter argument: Form of Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem, simply because you might think it is 'fun', doesn't mean others find it 'fun', nor does it mean it is 'fun' to deal with.
which is basically what i said,but replacing "fun" with "stupid and terrible gimmicks".

Do you think it is an accident that they all spammed lightning Sith/T-21s? He still failed to prove his point, because any class I used would have failed against a stack such as that, and I did better with Clone in those situations than I would have with any gunner class.
Man,i thought clone blobs couldn't get countered by Commandos,but only by other "stupid gimmicks" like Lightning or Mando Rockets...oh well.
At this point,i think a melee only soldier could kill a Clone if he ambushes it.Oh,or how about a 0 hp deka,by rolling around the clones and making them tk eachother?That seems a very good counter too.

Nope, I was just making a point at how easy Clone was to use and do well with, and enjoying myself being on the usage end of Clone. I also did infact prove my point. I never said Clone was capable of dealing with 5 players simultaneously, and I actually stated multiple times that I think Sith/Jedi/T-21 need nerfs eventually. My argument was that Clone is bland, boring, and stronger than most other classes, infact the strongest class in the game, and incredibly easy to use
All of this.bullshit.
Sith/Jedi are already nerfed as it is(with the exception of the new deflect),and playing an 100 hp class is already hard as it is.I guess you want to remove "Lightning Superpush" because it counters your "stupid and terrible gimmick" called conc blob.
T-21 need a nerf?why?The Commando could accidentally jump and be knocked down by his own primary shot.
And Clone is bland and boring JUST because of blobs?I want to see how blobs are so strong vs SBD,or Deka,or Mandalorians,or BH with their kick ability.
And no,it isn't the strongest class in the game.Do you have ANY idea how it is easy for clone to die?or any gunner classes against Sith/Jedi?
Deathstar bridge:Hide,see Clone run,push him,dead.(can be countered by walking,but doesn't work that much on the bridge xd)
any map:Hide again,clone runs,Lightning Superpush him,pull out a 8 point saber,dead(can be countered again by walking:Sith still lightnings you,but you don't get knocked down at least.)
Deflect clone bullets(which is so easy in this version),expect the conc blobs,go close to him,dead.This would be even worse for clone if there were those "chargable blobs".(can by countered by "getting gud",or use the almighty op conc blobs-oh wait,the Sith can actually jump and move.)
And let's not forget Push and Pull kills.Or teamwork grip kills.Or normal gunner kills.But i'm sure that even if you're being gripped,the almighty blobs can shoot the sith for no absolute reason and clone kills the sith.Surely,that's what makes them so op.
Can all of these kills be applied also to SBD or Deka?To Deka surely not(except deflecting bullets),to SBD maybe,since it depends on the build.
So no,Clones are not the "strongest class" in the game.

Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it would be better to say what you mean, and be a bit more direct, rather than using outdated terms and phrases. I mean, come on; you're arguing(not debating, mind you that ended as soon as insults were flung at one another.) with people who either have nothing better to do, or are too weak of mind to understand that they are arguing over a class in a game that contributes nothing to the individual but self-satisfaction. false superioriy, and a vain growing sense of mediocrity concerning the self. (Though this is not entirely true. Games can be a great help to people in troubling times, and the online communities these games are supported by are a great platform for discussion and free thought concerning said game.)

Anywho, just say what you mean, and this'll be a lot easier for the people who want to actually discuss this, and harder for the people who decided to waste their time insulting you rather than actively discussing the subject of this topic to, well, insult you. (Please note that agreeing with the part of my point concerning the insults would be an egregious example of hypocrisy at work. Also, note that I am not insulting you, only noting that, even as they have insulted you, you have repaid those insults in kind, which is understandable.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It gives "everything" of YOUR rework,so of course YOU think it's flawed.
And now you're bringing SBD up,for what reason?they are two very different classes,and don't have the same gimmicks.
That does make sense,but it will NOT make clone a fun/good class.Yes,it will be versatile,but why use Clones as a class that can be a "sniping class" or "soldier class" when we already have Soldiers and Heroes to fill that?

I, myself can only just filter out meaning to what you are saying. I am going to venture to guess that English is not your native language, but I'm not going to hold that against you for that is not my right, nor the right of anybody here. (So if you're going to insult Tadek just because of bad grammar, then fuck you.)
(Onto the point.)

I think you are ignoring Achilles' point, though I understand where you are coming from. I think the point here that he's trying to make is that Clone is overplayed, and is far too powerful to have more than maybe two people playing it. As a Sith, it can be hard to fight even one if you have no backup. Clones can flinch you easily, and since you take more fp damage while running, it is tempting to either block, and reflect, or to walk and attempt to grip the clone, but the moment you do that, you are vulnerable to concussion blobs, of which the Clone gets many, even at level 2(They get six, I think.). It doesn't cost much as a Clone to get cr2, another life, and level 2 conc, and ion blobs. That's some six blobs for each blob type(I think.). Now imagine there is more than one Clone, and they all have that same type of build. You have two gunners with faster firing but lower damage e-11s, and 6 conc, and ion blobs each. A lone Sith cannot fight against two Clones, and if there are two Sith against two Clones, the chances for the Sith are still thin, unless the Clones are unfathomably stupid. I don't know about you, but I can fight two Soldiers in main, 1v2, because I have time to think, and I have time to reflect. With Clones, I do not have that. I cannot use my powers because I am constantly being shot, negating a power like grip, and even then, I'm likely to have under 70fp while jumping around avoiding the 12 blobs in total that are coming my way, so I can't use grip anyways. Reflect is ineffective, because I can't stand still without being blobbed, and lightning is out of the question, because without having to sacrifice all your powers, and most of your saber defense, force block, and all of your deflection, you are not going to be able to get lightning 3, and since you are getting shot by two separate Clones in a small hallway, lightning 2 is out of the question as well, because the moment you tap that lightning bind, you are going to be hit by a few bolts, which will drain your fp, and by that point you're dead anyways, as you've lost fp and hp from being shot, and you no longer have enough fp to run away, so you're forced to stand still and try to retreat, at which point you are blobbed and then killed.

Achilles' point was that these types of Clones, even alone are comparable to SBDs with those abilities. It's near impossible to fight them unless you are a gunner with a range advantage, or the Clones are bad, otherwise, you are dead. It's almost as impossible as fighting an SBD with the stats he mentioned. Ever played Powerbattles maps? Go fight the Wookiee there, and you'll get the idea.
1.) Man,i thought clone blobs couldn't get countered by Commandos,but only by other "stupid gimmicks" like Lightning or Mando Rockets...oh well.
-
2.) At this point,i think a melee only soldier could kill a Clone if he ambushes it.
-
3.) Oh,or how about a 0 hp deka,by rolling around the clones and making them tk eachother?That seems a very good counter too.

I may not understand this right, but...
1.) Like any class, Clone is easier to kill if it is outnumbered, so that many T-21 CMDRs, and Sith would be nearly impossible to fight 1 on 5+. Otherwise, CMDRs are extremely easy to kill as a Clone, it only takes one concussion blob, and decent aim. The point is, every player can be considered weak when they are alone; This is a team game, after all.

2.) Unless the Sold can get a good drop on the Clone, and doesn't use any katas(too much armor on Clones), then no, it's impossible. The Clone would have to be walking or stationary for the Sold to catch up and knock it down; Sprint makes any Clone far faster than any melee Sold.

3.) I don't seem to understand that last one. A zero hp Deka wouldn't be able to roll around a Clone without being shot at least once unless the Clone was completely terrible, and couldn't aim even a little bit. Then again, maybe I should ask how a 0 hp Deka would be alive in the first place. Fuckin' Necromancers have found a way to reanimate droids.
All of this.bullshit.
1.) Sith/Jedi are already nerfed as it is(with the exception of the new deflect),and playing an 100 hp class is already hard as it is.
-
2.) I guess you want to remove "Lightning Superpush" because it counters your "stupid and terrible gimmick" called conc blob.
-
3.) T-21 need a nerf?why?The Commando could accidentally jump and be knocked down by his own primary shot.
-
4.) And Clone is bland and boring JUST because of blobs?I want to see how blobs are so strong vs SBD,or Deka,or Mandalorians,or BH with their kick ability.
-
5.) And no,it isn't the strongest class in the game.Do you have ANY idea how it is easy for clone to die?or any gunner classes against Sith/Jedi?
-
6.) Deathstar bridge:Hide,see Clone run,push him,dead.(can be countered by walking,but doesn't work that much on the bridge xd)
any map:Hide again,clone runs,Lightning Superpush him,pull out a 8 point saber,dead(can be countered again by walking:Sith still lightnings you,but you don't get knocked down at least.)Deflect clone bullets(which is so easy in this version),expect the conc blobs,go close to him,dead.This would be even worse for clone if there were those "chargable blobs".(can by countered by "getting gud",or use the almighty op conc blobs-oh wait,the Sith can actually jump and move.)
And let's not forget Push and Pull kills.Or teamwork grip kills.Or normal gunner kills.
-
7.) But i'm sure that even if you're being gripped,the almighty blobs can shoot the sith for no absolute reason and clone kills the sith.Surely,that's what makes them so op.
-
Can all of these kills be applied also to SBD or Deka?To Deka surely not(except deflecting bullets),to SBD maybe,since it depends on the build.
So no,Clones are not the "strongest class" in the game.

1.) For me it is still as easy to play Jedi/Sith as it was before or anytime after 1.2. The only real 'nerf' has been flinch, but I've been able to cope, and so have all the people I have seen on from 2006-2012-present, so I do not see your point here.

2.) I don't understand, Achilles has done nothing but stated his intention that Clone be changed, and while he has stated intention to nerf such things as lightning push, he has never said he wanted to outright REMOVE it(The only thing I know of he wants to actively remove is blobs.). Please, do not put words into his mouth, it is rude, uncalled for, and diminishes your credibility.

3.) I agree. While T-21 can be effective in the right hands, most people who use it are garbage with it, and most people who are garbage with it, will jump in the air, shoot, and knock themselves down, because again, they are garbage with the weapon. It does not need a nerf.

4.) There are two types of blobs: Ion blobs, and concussion blobs; The former stuns organics, and droids alike, and are very useful against any type of gun using class, as you could be rushing or defending main on DOTF as an SBD, and could have maybe two gunners in cover, close to you, then the Clone among those two will blob you, and they'll both come out and blow you to pieces because you can't shoot back for maybe 3 or 5 seconds, and since most SBDs don't take magnetic plating, you will take lots of damage from two gunners, and die. The latter knocks down. Any class is extremely vulnerable when knocked down, so I don't need to explain how conc blobs are so good against almost all classes excluding SBDs, and Dekas.

5.) I agree, but while Clone may not be THE strongest class in the game, it does indeed stand among the STRONGEST classes in the game, and even an average player can do EXTREMELY well with Clone.

6.) Most of the situations you describe here make most Clone players out to be completely stupid. Jedi will always be in advance of gunners, you would get sabered or exposed before you would ambush the Clone, and even without a Jedi, any good clone will always eye corners and make sure, especially if they look at the scoreboard, and most of Imps are alive(as any good player would.. Any good Clone would also be wary of the Deathstar bridge, especially if there was a Sith there. As for your small rant after these scenarios, refer to quote #2 reply.

7.) Do not launch into angry, baseless conjecture.
Please note that I did not read pages 5 to 7, so I do not know exactly what the base of some of these arguments are. If one of you will kindly relate to me the basis for some these arguments in previous posts, I will be happy to read those posts.

Last edited:
10 thousand years of history and gameplay, effortlessly crushed by a dev and a player of one year

us fools, simply not knowing how stupid we were, played an awful and terribly balanced game for untold years before someone finally informed us that clone is overpowered and blobs need to be removed

10 thousand years of history and gameplay, effortlessly crushed by a dev and a player of one year

us fools, simply not knowing how stupid we were, played an awful and terribly balanced game for untold years before someone finally informed us that clone is overpowered and blobs need to be removed

tfw onli plaid 4 wun yeer
fukn rip m8
(tfw basless assumptions)
(rip)

Last edited:
Ok,i'll try to respond to everything to mention without lashing out like i did with Achilles(In advance:yes,English is not my native language,so grammar errors incoming.)
I think you are ignoring Achilles' point, though I understand where you are coming from. I think the point here that he's trying to make is that Clone is overplayed, and is far too powerful to have more than maybe two people playing it. As a Sith, it can be hard to fight even one if you have no backup. Clones can flinch you easily, and since you take more fp damage while running, it is tempting to either block, and reflect, or to walk and attempt to grip the clone, but the moment you do that, you are vulnerable to concussion blobs, of which the Clone gets many, even at level 2(They get six, I think.). It doesn't cost much as a Clone to get cr2, another life, and level 2 conc, and ion blobs. That's some six blobs for each blob type(I think.). Now imagine there is more than one Clone, and they all have that same type of build. You have two gunners with faster firing but lower damage e-11s, and 6 conc, and ion blobs each. A lone Sith cannot fight against two Clones, and if there are two Sith against two Clones, the chances for the Sith are still thin, unless the Clones are unfathomably stupid. I don't know about you, but I can fight two Soldiers in main, 1v2, because I have time to think, and I have time to reflect. With Clones, I do not have that. I cannot use my powers because I am constantly being shot, negating a power like grip, and even then, I'm likely to have under 70fp while jumping around avoiding the 12 blobs in total that are coming my way, so I can't use grip anyways. Reflect is ineffective, because I can't stand still without being blobbed, and lightning is out of the question, because without having to sacrifice all your powers, and most of your saber defense, force block, and all of your deflection, you are not going to be able to get lightning 3, and since you are getting shot by two separate Clones in a small hallway, lightning 2 is out of the question as well, because the moment you tap that lightning bind, you are going to be hit by a few bolts, which will drain your fp, and by that point you're dead anyways, as you've lost fp and hp from being shot, and you no longer have enough fp to run away, so you're forced to stand still and try to retreat, at which point you are blobbed and then killed.

Achilles' point was that these types of Clones, even alone are comparable to SBDs with those abilities. It's near impossible to fight them unless you are a gunner with a range advantage, or the Clones are bad, otherwise, you are dead. It's almost as impossible as fighting an SBD with the stats he mentioned. Ever played Powerbattles maps? Go fight the Wookiee there, and you'll get the idea.
Actually i think that Ion blobs at level 1 are actually 3 or 4,but i understand your point,blobs can be troublesome for imperials.
But(in my opinion)even though Clone is maybe overplayed and far too "powerful" to have more than two people playing it,so is any other class(except,like, soldiers).And the "two siths could have trouble fighting two clones" is(also in my opinion)useless(sorry if i sound too aggressive)since in that case,it depends on the skill of the players and the build they're using and how they are using it(blobs still have cooldowns,so 12 conc blobs can't be rapid fired,and Sith could use that chance to maybe use Pull or other force powers)
These types of clones are hard to deal with,true,but like i said before it all depends on how the player use those blobs.But i don't see a reason here for why the blobs should be removed and replaced with those two functions that cost,if fully upgraded,40 points when you can have a function that does both of them with 5 points,and can still be countered.

1.) Like any class, Clone is easier to kill if it is outnumbered, so that many T-21 CMDRs, and Sith would be nearly impossible to fight 1 on 5+. Otherwise, CMDRs are extremely easy to kill as a Clone, it only takes one concussion blob, and decent aim. The point is, every player can be considered weak when they are alone; This is a team game, after all.
I agree with this,but just to say since i can't seem to make it look like it:for all of the points i was being sarcastic,since Achilles in previous posts was saying that "Clone blobs can only be countered by other stupid gimmicks like Lightning superpush".
(Also,for point 2,if i am not mistaken normal fists ignore armor,katas don't xd)
1.) For me it is still as easy to play Jedi/Sith as it was before or anytime after 1.2. The only real 'nerf' has been flinch, but I've been able to cope, and so have all the people I have seen on from 2006-2012-present, so I do not see your point here.

2.) I don't understand, Achilles has done nothing but stated his intention that Clone be changed, and while he has stated intention to nerf such things as lightning push, he has never said he wanted to outright REMOVE it(The only thing I know of he wants to actively remove is blobs.). Please, do not put words into his mouth, it is rude, uncalled for, and diminishes your credibility.

3.) I agree. While T-21 can be effective in the right hands, most people who use it are garbage with it, and most people who are garbage with it, will jump in the air, shoot, and knock themselves down, because again, they are garbage with the weapon. It does not need a nerf.

4.) There are two types of blobs: Ion blobs, and concussion blobs; The former stuns organics, and droids alike, and are very useful against any type of gun using class, as you could be rushing or defending main on DOTF as an SBD, and could have maybe two gunners in cover, close to you, then the Clone among those two will blob you, and they'll both come out and blow you to pieces because you can't shoot back for maybe 3 or 5 seconds, and since most SBDs don't take magnetic plating, you will take lots of damage from two gunners, and die. The latter knocks down. Any class is extremely vulnerable when knocked down, so I don't need to explain how conc blobs are so good against almost all classes excluding SBDs, and Dekas.

5.) I agree, but while Clone may not be THE strongest class in the game, it does indeed stand among the STRONGEST classes in the game, and even an average player can do EXTREMELY well with Clone.

6.) Most of the situations you describe here make most Clone players out to be completely stupid. Jedi will always be in advance of gunners, you would get sabered or exposed before you would ambush the Clone, and even without a Jedi, any good clone will always eye corners and make sure, especially if they look at the scoreboard, and most of Imps are alive(as any good player would.. Any good Clone would also be wary of the Deathstar bridge, especially if there was a Sith there. As for your small rant after these scenarios, refer to quote #2 reply.

7.) Do not launch into angry, baseless conjecture.
1)well for me not,since you can simply get killed by a "Jihad Mandalorian"(that type who just flies over the main corridor in DOTF and rockets anyone who comes out of the door from Hangar,and for me it's a problem since i mainly use Pull.But that,i guess,is my problem xd)
2)true,but seeing how he reacts and calls blobs "stupid gimmicks" i thought that and wrote it.I'll try to not do it again :/
4)True,but also not:Clones can also get "f'd" because maybe they won't use it properly(es:Jumping while launching a conc blob or being too close to the target with an Ion blob and getting hit by it's AoE),but that depends,again,on the player.
6)But it could happen(but AGAIN,depends on the player).But i specified some of these "dumb ways to die" because like i said before,they could happen.
Also,someone made examples with blobs that the players against Clone players with blobs(sorry for the bad way of putting this phrase xd)couldn't try to avoid said blobs,but stood still getting hit by said blobs.

Anyway,i thank you for having the time to respond to my comment in a non-angry/accusative way,unlike i did with Achilles.

Please note that I did not read pages 5 to 7, so I do not know exactly what the base of some of these arguments are. If one of you will kindly relate to me the basis for some these arguments in previous posts, I will be happy to read those posts.
I think you should read them on your own,when you have more time to read and write xd

I want that carbine. The DC-15S.
DC-15S primary fire mimics the E-11 secondary fire. Fast but inaccurate.
The secondary fire to the carbine be a charge shot you hold down for more damage.
The 3rd upgrade to the weapon would be just more ammo.

You could also go through the full authentic clone arsenals and just salvage what works if you dislike my carbine idea.
There is some good shit in there that would work just fine in open mode.

Got the idea as well to give them pulse grenades from the Arc class, so you have two classes that have pulse grenades instead of just the arcs.
Keep the normal cost of them, which I think is 10 points?

Now here is an out of the box idea that I don't know has been pitched. So don't take this seriously.
Give arcs assemble and have clones spend points on the option to forward spawn on arcs. It would indirectly buff arcs and encourage more teamwork. It would loosen lone wolf mentality the clone has going for it. The trade off would be to make it 10 points and it would close off weapon attachments so you cant have blob and emp when you have forward spawn clicked in.

Clones only get like one respawn, where as the soldier class gets 2. So it should not create the "why play soldier when you can gloan?" seeing as soldier potential is far greater than gloans because of the 3 respawns and access to frag grenades.

My opinion on Clone right now is that the class is balance is fine, but it does need a little variety compared to what it has now. A minor addition like a new weapon and a little side thing should rectify that samey build sensation people get. The assets for the weapon is already done as far as I know so it should not be a lot of work. The point balance on the weapon would be the tricky part.

Last edited:
I want that carbine. The DC-15S.

gimme dc-15s weapon model on arc pls. dont even change stats, just gimme the model.

Got the idea as well to give them pulse grenades from the Arc class, so you have two classes that have pulse grenades instead of just the arcs.
Keep the normal cost of them, which I think is 10 points?

Sounds fair but you may as well remove them from ARC, no one in their right mind is gonna take EMPs on ARC when clone can get em, a better class for combat in general & with EMPs to rush forwards.. would be very powerful.

Now here is an out of the box idea that I don't know has been pitched. So don't take this seriously.
Give arcs assemble and have clones spend points on the option to forward spawn on arcs. It would indirectly buff arcs and encourage more teamwork. It would loosen lone wolf mentality the clone has going for it. The trade off would be to make it 10 points and it would close off weapon attachments so you cant have blob and emp when you have forward spawn clicked in.

Honestly, I think this could be kind of cool, can't make it cost too much though. ARC is already extremely cost intensive but I could definitely dig this kind of thing under one condition. MAKE IT SO PEOPLE SPAWN BEHIND ME. I swear, if this gets implemented and people respawn on me while I'm arc-fuing and then block me, I will rage harder than any russian or polak ever has.

Sounds fair but you may as well remove them from ARC, no one in their right mind is gonna take EMPs on ARC when clone can get em, a better class for combat in general & with EMPs to rush forwards.. would be very powerful.

I disagree because those things serve as ammo for the grenade launcher on arc. And the grenade launcher allows more control of where your grenade is going to land because it sticks to where you shoot it.

Where as throwing the grenade "bounces" and you cant throw as far as the grenade launcher can.
If you make it a throw-able on gloan it should function exactly like a regular grenade, bounce everywhere and can be pushed.

Honestly, I think this could be kind of cool, can't make it cost too much though. ARC is already extremely cost intensive but I could definitely dig this kind of thing under one condition. MAKE IT SO PEOPLE SPAWN BEHIND ME. I swear, if this gets implemented and people respawn on me while I'm arc-fuing and then block me, I will rage harder than any russian or polak ever has.

Is that actually possible? Because I ran into that problem all the time back when I main'd ET.

Last edited:
I disagree because those things serve as ammo for the grenade launcher on arc. And the grenade launcher allows more control of where your grenade is going to land because it sticks to where you shoot it.

Where as throwing the grenade "bounces" and you cant throw as far as the grenade launcher can.
If you make it a throw-able on gloan it should function exactly like a regular grenade, bounce everywhere and can be pushed.

Right but taking the launcher is pointless too, it's basically just two nades for 25pts (10 from m5) that can also be pushed mid-air until it sticks on something IIRC. Admittedly, you're better off buying a launcher than 2 nades (unless u dont buy m5) but eh. Not a fan.

It's kind of like the scope attachment, you can take it and it is an improvement if ur getting headshots but, generally speaking, it's not the best investment considering that it costs 20 (10 from m5)pts. ARC is extremely limited by point costs.

Is that actually possible? Because I run into that problem all the time while playing as ET.

Probably. But adding assemble on ARC means they 100% have to fix it, I jump around and dodge like a madman. Having people spawn next to me would be game breaking, I'd basically never take assemble lol.