{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I feel as though Clone is too gimmicky, and currently has nothing to do with the actual movie/series Clones in playstyle/usefulness. This rework I believe would make Clone a versatile class that is not stronger than the 2 live counterparts ET/Com, but simply more adaptable. The ability to be a mobile assault class, a mid ranged support, or a long ranged engagement class would be rather interesting, I think, and make Clone infinitely more enjoyable.

- - - Clone - - -

- Weapons
* * Pistol
Description: Same as current.

* * DC-15s
Levels: 1, 2, 3
Cost: 6-7-8
Description: Reskin of E-11

* * DC-15a
Cost: 8-18-24
Description: The long clone rifle, for accurate long-ranged engagements. Slow fire rate, high damage, high accuracy.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 30
Accuracy: Only when standing still, crouched, or walking
- Level 2
Damage: 33
Accuracy: Always accurate
Adds Scope
- Level 3
Primary Damage: 35
Secondary: Charge shot, starting at 30, reaching maximum 100
Accuracy: Always accurate, charge shot only accurate while walking

* * Minigun
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 20-30
Description: The current minigun, with some tweaks
Stats:
- Level 1
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: Current CR2
- Level 2
Primary Damage: 20
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: CR3
_________
- Abilities

* * Sprint
Cost: 0-6-12
Description: Allows the Clone to sprint *forward* only until his stamina runs out, while sprinting the clone fires inaccurately.
Stats:
- Level 1
The Clone can sprint for short distances at a time
- Level 2
The Clone can sprint for long distances at a time
- Level 3
The Clone can sprint forever, and can use crouch to cancel out of sprint with a roll in any direction.

* * Bash
Cost: 0-8-14
Description: Allows the Clone to bash a target with his rifle-stock, extremely short range.
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 6
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.5 seconds
- Level 2
Damage: 14
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Staggers the target for 0.7 seconds
- Level 3
Damage: 20
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Staggers the target for 1 second

* * Reinforcements
Description: Same as current

_________
- Items

* * Pulse Grenades
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 6-6
Description: Grants the Clone up to 2 Pulse Grenades

* * Armor

* * Ammo

Last edited:
Clone is not 'vastly superior' to any class on the Imperial team. That is a ridiculous statement from the get-go. I list anti-MT in utility and define the scope quite clearly. If you are going to compare classes based on utility, then you must talk about all the utility they offer. Comparing the SBD's utility with respect to a clone's utility is a bizarre strand of logic; they are two different classes and preform two different roles. The utility they offer complements their role. So what if a Clone can play aggressively versus a Sith? Every class is unique and you have to change your playstyle accordingly. Respect the Clone whilst its blob is off-CD, and play aggressive when its not.

As for the part about what class on Imperials can do whatever... This generalises to what class on X can do Y like Z.

What class on Imperials can melee large clusters of enemy with DR like Wookiee?
What class on Rebels can fly with a jetpack and become immune to Force knockdowns like Mandalorian?
What class on Rebels can have 1k+ HP and deflect nades like Deka.

Unsurprisingly, classes with unique mechanics can preform unique functions.

If a clone takes stamina 2+ then they are forgoing armour 3 which makes them about as fragile as an ET. A Deka that gets strafed by a clone is just bad and is only an example of a good player versus a bad player, hardly a fair comparison. The counterplay to blobs is positioning in a nutshell.

I would like to see in-game footage of why blobs should be removed. As you, the player, versus clone. I am failing to see how grossly unbalanced blobs are/clone is. This applies to anyone, but Achilles specifically. Perhaps I can tell you where you are going wrong in game, or perhaps the footage will suddenly open my eyes to a truth about blobs.

Fang

Donator
I go back to my EU server homelands occasionally depending if its not full of boring talk about 4chan memes or w/e cuz i wanna kill people

Looking forward to whatever happens to clone now lel

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
the EU community sounds more serious. i should move to Europe and dedicate my life to getting good at this one obscure video game.
Honestly, this thought has crossed my mind before too. :p
I wish I could stand playing with >100 ping. I find high ping so much harder to adjust to in MB2 compared to other games. No clue how Hex regularly hops on American servers and destroys everyone with 130 ping.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Honestly, this thought has crossed my mind before too. :p
I wish I could stand playing with >100 ping. I find high ping so much harder to adjust to in MB2 compared to other games. No clue how Hex regularly hops on American servers and destroys everyone with 130 ping.

>=130 ping isn't really that bad. It's a disadvantage but able to be overcome. 150+ is where you get to the twilight zone.

Fang

Donator
You learn to deal with. Since I share the same ping as Hex as a brit. You just extend your aim further than the target is moving to to compensate. Works for me considering I can shame Ameri's

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Achilles, every single good player in this game knows me. Even though I've never attended any official froums of this game, even the european mb2 staff knows me and knows my experience is legit.

These "gimmicks" or whatever you call it, are what defines MB2. There are certain mechanics in this game and there are counter-mechanics to it. Adjusting your strategy accordingly is what makes this game fun.
If I just wanted to shoot without anything special I would just play csgo or call of duty. This game is DIFFERENT. It is what it makes unique. Changing these mechanics would destroy MB2 and make it another scifi clone of csgo.

2) Clone has always been this way, it is fun and shouldn't be changed.
Counter argument: Form of Argumentum Ad Antiquitatem, simply because you might think it is 'fun', doesn't mean others find it 'fun', nor does it mean it is 'fun' to deal with.

Who said anything about CS:Go? Does CS:Go have Jedi, or SBDs? I don't like gimmicks that ruin the flow of gameplay, most people in-game don't either. Removing blobs, and tweaking around gimmicks won't ruin the game, it'll just make it more strategically oriented, than just a war of dumb mechanics. If anything, it'd be closer to Battlefront.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Retarded is not the word for Blobs, almost perfect and needs one little adjustment is the term needed here.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It isn't 'almost' perfect, it isn't even remotely close to being 'acceptable'. They're just a dumb insta-shot gimmick with literally no counter play around them. If blobs required charging, and could only be fired after a full charge, then they'd be some-what acceptable. However, they aren't necessary regardless for play. I'd rather clone just get a full rework and actually take skill to play, and be a versatile assault class.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
There is some counters, if you didn't know since your 1.3 start point, its called strafing to dodge, and lightning.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
There is one counter, if you didn't know since your 1.3 start point, its called strafing to dodge, and lightning.

Who cares if it can be countered or not? It is the mechanic itself I despise. The only counters to the dumb gimmick are other dumb gimmicks, like grip, or lightning, or insta-nade.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
That is like saying SBD can be countered, so it is perfectly fine. Half of the community is so blind they don't even see anything wrong with SBD/Clone, and most of them use it quite often. It is inordinate bias, yet I'm the one being accused of bias, when I typically use it myself, and have to fight against it just as often.

Last edited: