centerhudpreview.png

ALTERNATIVE VERSION:
centerhudbothpreview.png

Do you own a ultra wide monitor? Do you play as jedi/sith? Are you tired of getting a whiplash every time you need to check your FP/BP in the midst of combat?
Then this is the mod for you. This mod simply places the right side HUD in the middle of the screen, with a little bit of customization to the HUD for visibility.

Installation is easy, just put the .pk3 file into your MB2 folder, no files will be overwritten.

Download link (only right side HUD centered):
MB2CenterHUD.rar

Download link (Left and right HUD centered):
MB2CenterHUDBoth.rar

Credits:
The guide I used to modify the HUD:
Heads Up Display Tutorial - Star Wars: Jedi Academy
Use it to modify the HUD further if you want to

The MB2 team for the code in the .menu files that I modified

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would have been significantly more time-consuming to develop new ways for handling the UI.

I think I'd be willing to do that work, but is the project open source? I don't think a new way is needed, it looks like they actually came up with a new way when they didn't necessarily need to. ACM is done the same as the old meters in JA, with a separate image for each tick. In MBII they developed some new thing for BP/FP that takes the same tick and rotates it, which severely limits ability to customize the hud and honestly looks like crap due to rotating a raster image that is drawn at a weird angle.

I think I'd be willing to do that work,

You seem like the sort of person who would be interested in my modding request thread: Custom HUD Editor
Feel free to take over if you want to, I have other things I'd rather make. It might be not worth it though, if the program would be too limited by how much of the interface is controlled by code and not file resources. Tell me if you are interested.

Nice idea, but IMO it wouldn't be worth it either way, it just wouldn't get enough use to justify all of the dev time. The game just needs a few good hud options and a fully provisioned set of screen elements for the modders.

Any interface sophisticated enough to design a HUD is going to have its own learning curve, people are better off learning how to edit instead.

Bumping this, is there anything i should edit in the original files to make them work in the new patches?

Sorry for the late response, I never got any email notification for these replies for some reason.

I just tested the mod after not playing for a while, the launcher updated my game, I went on a server and the mod still worked.
After that I tried deleting and reinstalling the mod just to check, and it still worked.
Then after that I tried deleting the relevant files where the original HUD info was located when I first made the mod, just in case the launcher didn't update those files properly, then I validated my game files in the launcher to reinstall them, it still worked.

So I'm not sure what's going wrong in your case, maybe somehow after updating I still have some files which allows it to work for me. I can however point you to the guide I linked in the original post in this thread: Jedi Academy HUD modding tutorial
You could try following that guide, but if you're not very tech savvy it might not be very helpful, but the process is still relatively simple.

Here's a short tl;dr on how to do it:
There are .pk3 files in the MBII folder that get loaded, some of these change how the UI looks, and this mod will simply overwrite whatever was stated earlier (because the name of the mod starts with a 'z_' and the game loads them alphabetically).
Specifically, the file that needs to be overwritten is inside MBAssets3.pk3. In order to open this file, which basically is just a folder, you can use WinRAR or 7zip or something similar. Then inside this file you go into the "ui" folder and you open the mb_hud.menu in a text editor. Inside you want to look for the entries with the names "lefthud" and "righthud", right after each name there is a "rect" entry with 4 following numbers, which are size and position in pixels. But you don't wanna change this file directly, instead you create a folder within the same MBII folder, copy the ui folder from MBAssets3.pk3 into it so that it has the same structure and files within, and then change the relevant file. When you're done with this folder, I think you should be able to package it into a .rar or .zip and then just change the extension to .pk3, if that doesn't work then just copy the MBAssets3.pk3, delete everything within and drag things into it with WinRAR or 7zip.

Then if you make sure that the file is loaded last by adding a z_ to the start or something, then it should load fine.
BTW, what display language do you have set for your computer? It might be a long shot but maybe its screwing with the load order? And also, if you don't have it already, try setting the "engine" setting inside the MBII launcher to "MBII Client".
Also you might check if anything is changing the UI after this mod is changing it, by opening the files that get loaded after it alphabetically like I explained earlier and checking for a ui folder, or just adding more z's to the start of the mod name.

Last edited:
tried all the z's so that centerhud is last one to load and tried mb2 client, still doesnt work for me. even tried making my own file for it and that didnt work either

Last edited:
tried all the z's so that centerhud is last one to load and tried mb2 client, still doesnt work for me. even tried making my own file for it and that didnt work either

That's really weird, I wonder if anyone else can confirm this?

You might want to check if you have "Simple HUD" enabled in your game settings, as well as anything else that may circumvent the changes this mod does.

Perhaps the "Widescreen UI" setting affects this aswell.

Last edited:
so I figured out what the problem was, it was the Advanced ACM counter from the JI clan that was messing it up, mb2 client wasnt needed and all the widescreen UI did was push them a bit further apart from eacother, I just had to go into the menu files for the acm mod and change those numbers too for it to work.

thanks for the replies

Last edited:
Yeah this isn't working for me either. I would really like to have the UI like this since I'm on a ultrawide.

Fuse294

Internal Beta Team
This MOD no longer works and requires an overhaul to work with the latest version of MB2 1.9.3 because of changes made to the MB2's UI files, additionally the creator has been inactive since 2021.

If anyone is able to please feel free to provide an updated version.

I was able to edit it on my own and have it working. I'm pretty new to editing the code though so I'll have to tinker around a bit more to make sure it works in all scenarios. I also need to move around other parts of the UI so it all fits nicely if all goes well I'll load up a pk3 for others to use.
GPoLcKB.jpeg

Edit: Bit of a preview of what I got working so far.

Any suggestions and or advice is welcome like I said a bit new to the whole thing.

Obviously I have mine pretty close because I like it that way I can spread them out for others if they would like that I'm open to adding a few versions if I can reliably get it to work. I also will probably resize them so they aren't so big.

Last edited:
F4zPO4J.jpeg

Here's some more progress on what I've been doing. Been working on and off on this most of the day. It's nearly good to go just want to check on some things while I play tonight and test it. Once it's done I'll make a new thread with the pk3.files once I'm confident it's working in all game modes.

Again any feedback is welcome. It's getting easier to figure out as time goes on. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate the changes for a few different options like this mod had before.