This post is kind of a request/opinion poll/idea sharing about the possibility of making a custom HUD editor.

The basic idea would be a windows application with a GUI that would allow you to move around interface elements in Jedi Academy, and change things such as the images used as you please. The program would read the game files responsible for the UI elements, interpret it, and then show the HUD in a window with the same UI that would show up in-game. Now imagine the window having an in-game screenshot as the background, and you would get an accurate representation of how it would look when you are playing.

You can then move things around, resize them, change the images, and save the changes. The changes could be saved to a copy of the original files that were copied to the root folder of the program, the files and folders responsible for the HUD are copied when the user selects their MB2/JK folder from within the program on startup. After that the modded files could be manually dragged to the game folder as a seperate .pk3 file that would override MB2/Jedi academy settings without changing any of the original files.

Basically I'm wondering if people are interested in this at all, if there are cool things people could want to do with this. Also I would like to know if anyone knows how much of the interface you can change without touching actual game code. I could make this program myself but other people are free to make this also.

Imagine the possibilites, you could finally make your own personalized weeb HUD with your favorite waifu displayed all over your screen.

If I wanted to personally make this I would probably use C# and windows forms, but if anyone has better suggestion for languages/frameworks to use then feel free to tell me. I do have a slight amount of experience modding the HUD, because of my Centered HUD Mod

Edit: as of right now I'm not very interested in making this, but I might come back to it. However if anyone wants to take over please make a post here or send me a message so that I can leave it to you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This post is kind of a request/opinion poll/idea sharing about the possibility of making a custom HUD editor.

Basically I'm wondering if people are interested in this at all, if there are cool things people could want to do with this, or if people know if there is enough freedom to change ALL of the UI elements without changing the game code itself. I could make this myself but other people are free to make this also.

The basic idea would be a windows application with a GUI that would allow you to move around interface elements in Jedi Academy, and change things such as the images used as you please. The program would read the game files responsible for the UI elements, interpret it, and then show the HUD in a window with the same UI that would show up in-game. Now imagine the window having an in-game screenshot as the background, and you would get an accurate representation of how it would look when you are playing.

You can then move things around, resize them, change the images, and save the changes. The changes could be saved to a copy of the original files that were copied to the root folder of the program, the files and folders responsible for the HUD are copied when the user selects their MB2/JK folder from within the program on startup. After that the modded files could be manually dragged to the game folder as a seperate .pk3 file that would override MB2/Jedi academy settings without changing any of the original files.

Imagine the possibilites, you could finally make your own personalized weeb-HUD with your favorite waifu displayed all over your screen.

If I wanted to personally make this I would probably use C# and windows forms, but if anyone has better suggestion for languages/frameworks to use then feel free to tell me. I do have a slight amount of experience modding the HUD, because of my Centered HUD Mod
Hell yeah mate! I do appreciate it and im sure alot of others would as well!

May the codec be with you, always.