Centered HUD Mod

Discussion in 'Modification & Media' started by TechieW, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Do you own a ultra wide monitor?

1. hell yeah boy

34.5%
  2. no

65.5%
  1. TechieW

TechieW

2. Galatine

Galatine

I think I'd be willing to do that work, but is the project open source? I don't think a new way is needed, it looks like they actually came up with a new way when they didn't necessarily need to. ACM is done the same as the old meters in JA, with a separate image for each tick. In MBII they developed some new thing for BP/FP that takes the same tick and rotates it, which severely limits ability to customize the hud and honestly looks like crap due to rotating a raster image that is drawn at a weird angle.

3. TechieW

TechieW

You seem like the sort of person who would be interested in my modding request thread: Custom HUD Editor
    Feel free to take over if you want to, I have other things I'd rather make. It might be not worth it though, if the program would be too limited by how much of the interface is controlled by code and not file resources. Tell me if you are interested.

4. Galatine

Galatine

Nice idea, but IMO it wouldn't be worth it either way, it just wouldn't get enough use to justify all of the dev time. The game just needs a few good hud options and a fully provisioned set of screen elements for the modders.

Any interface sophisticated enough to design a HUD is going to have its own learning curve, people are better off learning how to edit instead.