Big problem of Duelling

Hello. In my opinion, currently (v1.5.3), we have a big problem with excessive movement in Duelling system. A lot of people now use the tactic of landing swings, while avoiding being hit by running, and, it is much easier to do this than to counter.

This problem could be solved, for example, by making attacker lose certain amount of Blocking Points, if the swing is being performed during run or by adding timer of BP damage multiplier, which would, in few seconds, smoothly increase damage back from about x0.65 to normal value after switching from running to walking. I would not want MBII to turn into another JKA+, and i doubt someone else would. What do you think about it?

Karus

Donator
I love the level of denial from karus, karus I win from spamming someone every time. ( saber balance isn't even a thing to consider for new players they can barely use a soldier class and go 3/20) even if my opponent is better. there's no reason to train once you grasp the basics of this patch, but if you wanna train on micromanaging spamming into crouch spam we just have different opinions on what's intellectually stimulating, being in control of interrupts with spam is king, its not really any ounce of a bit intuitive nor does it demand a lot of thought from your brain to pull off.

you even advocated to not fix exploited glitches. what a hoot. ( although im tired and busy when i type these so maybe i didnt phrase it right ) u only quoted part of what I said, I don't want dash to be removed, I want the glitch that sends you flying across an entire hangar on death star in a single dash or the length of 80 points of force speed from one dash removed. that is broken, if you defend that idk why u care about discussing balance at all. but to each their own opinion.
Are you an EU player?
Please visit me on a duel server and I'd love to show you some things.
I'm not denying this is an offensive patch; my point was that you can't install this mod for the first time and hold left click to win.
Yes, spam is effective right now, I'm not denying that, but there are many duelists who don't need to resort to spam in order to win, and can hold their ground against spam just as fine as they could the previous patch.
Also, I never advocated to not fix glitches.
I play this mod for the sabering, so things like Open glitches are not a big concern to me, as Open is just a giant meme to me anyway.
Because I prefer dueling over open, I personally would like to see sabering changed before focusing on things like glitches.
Of course you can do these things at the same time, but I've heard from many people that devs don't have a lot of time these days (irl stuff, boredom or otherwise)
And I see. I misunderstood your point about dash; apologies.
Yeah, being able to travel that far is broken and annoying.

I love the level of denial from karus, karus I win from spamming someone every time. ( saber balance isn't even a thing to consider for new players they can barely use a soldier class and go 3/20) even if my opponent is better. there's no reason to train once you grasp the basics of this patch, but if you wanna train on micromanaging spamming into crouch spam we just have different opinions on what's intellectually stimulating, being in control of interrupts with spam is king, its not really any ounce of a bit intuitive nor does it demand a lot of thought from your brain to pull off.

you even advocated to not fix exploited glitches. what a hoot. ( although im tired and busy when i type these so maybe i didnt phrase it right ) u only quoted part of what I said, I don't want dash to be removed, I want the glitch that sends you flying across an entire hangar on death star in a single dash or the length of 80 points of force speed from one dash removed. that is broken, if you defend that idk why u care about discussing balance at all. but to each their own opinion.
im sorry but you literally dont even have a profile picture,who are you?

1.PNG

im sorry but you literally dont even have a profile picture,who are you?

I have had alot of different aliases over the years, but never found the need to join the forums because i always loved the game too much to not be playing it when i was thinking about it, 1.5 incentivized my account creation. sorry if i come off like a troll.

Are you an EU player?
Please visit me on a duel server and I'd love to show you some things.
I'm not denying this is an offensive patch; my point was that you can't install this mod for the first time and hold left click to win.
Yes, spam is effective right now, I'm not denying that, but there are many duelists who don't need to resort to spam in order to win, and can hold their ground against spam just as fine as they could the previous patch.
Also, I never advocated to not fix glitches.
I play this mod for the sabering, so things like Open glitches are not a big concern to me, as Open is just a giant meme to me anyway.
Because I prefer dueling over open, I personally would like to see sabering changed before focusing on things like glitches.
Of course you can do these things at the same time, but I've heard from many people that devs don't have a lot of time these days (irl stuff, boredom or otherwise)
And I see. I misunderstood your point about dash; apologies.
Yeah, being able to travel that far is broken and annoying.

Such a mature response to what could have been misinterpreted rudeness on my end, sorry text has no tone. Respeck on it to karus

also ive bought this game for like over 4-5 people besides my download walkthrough myself and taught them how to DL so I obv love it, and all of you. so sorry if I pushed any buttons.

u see ur guises furst mistaeks came wen u decidued 2 sabur in th firs plaes

switch to mele its a system that is so perfect it has only ever changed a few times in the course of a decade

whoever says otherwise is invited to cells to get an ass kicking

revert to 1.3 and just balance the passives/values
aka what everyone wanted and expected from 1.4
thanks
aACdTUt.png

You know its a shit patch when every top dueler is fighting eachother with the same playstyle. The game has no variety anymore, every duel feels like your fighting a robot thats been programmed to fight the exact same way every duel... just because this patch encourages running/swingdodging and favours lower hit combos so you dont run the risk of getting countered or slapped, if your fighting someone half decent that is.. otherwise if ur fighting a shitter you can play how the fuck you want but yeah not a big fan of the patch tbh, i can see the direction it was going but it's been way to overcooked.

At least in the previous patch there was a variety of styles you could use to win a duel yes some of these are still viable but not even worth doing anymore, reverse yaws, delayed swings, (yes they were shit and abusive but instacounters), or if you were that good you could just pb out your oponent and play turtle and make use of the bp regen on pb's but now .... I'm fighting like every other sweaty neckbeard just to win a duel because you blink and half your bp is gone from one swing, so i swingdodge and i run - pb'ing doesn't even feel worth the effort of moving my mouse anymore because you literally gain nothing unless im trying to conserve bp but literally - just dont swing when your opponent is swinging to avoid getting countered simple, then just go for intterupts with 1-2hit combos.

Last edited:
taking ownership of kyle skin
shut the fuck up you know absolutely fuck all

it's well renowned in this community that i am kyle katarn and house is luke skywalker, d1 is anakin skywalker episode 2, aaron is mace windu, shilling is obi wan ep3, sk5 is sk5 (qui gon), recourse is plo koon, hessu is hooded obiwan ep3, pelmenu is aayla (in)secura, rosie is rey, aizen is darth maul, MORIS is savage oppress

AaronAaron

Donator
You know its a shit patch when every top dueler is fighting eachother with the same playstyle. The game has no variety anymore, every duel feels like your fighting a robot thats been programmed to fight the exact same way every duel... just because this patch encourages running/swingdodging and favours lower hit combos so you dont run the risk of getting countered or slapped, if your fighting someone half decent that is.. otherwise if ur fighting a shitter you can play how the fuck you want but yeah not a big fan of the patch tbh, i can see the direction it was going but it's been way to overcooked.

At least in the previous patch there was a variety of styles you could use to win a duel yes some of these are still viable but not even worth doing anymore, reverse yaws, delayed swings, (yes they were shit and abusive but instacounters), or if you were that good you could just pb out your oponent and play turtle and make use of the bp regen on pb's but now .... I'm fighting like every other sweaty neckbeard just to win a duel because you blink and half your bp is gone from one swing, so i swingdodge and i run - pb'ing doesn't even feel worth the effort of moving my mouse anymore because you literally gain nothing unless im trying to conserve bp but literally - just dont swing when your opponent is swinging to avoid getting countered simple, then just go for intterupts with 1-2hit combos.
Ez to say when you're part of the PS4L...
@-D1-
eewa.jpg

eee.jpg

shea conn

Account Suspended
shut the fuck up you know absolutely fuck all

it's well renowned in this community that i am kyle katarn and house is luke skywalker, d1 is anakin skywalker episode 2, aaron is mace windu, shilling is obi wan ep3, sk5 is sk5 (qui gon), recourse is plo koon, hessu is hooded obiwan ep3, pelmenu is aayla (in)secura, rosie is rey, aizen is darth maul, MORIS is savage oppress
whose joe