Battlefront Sound Replacer - v2.1.1 08/12/18

I've spent a bit of time integrating the excellent sound design of EABF into a replacer for MB. Most main weapons have new/improved sounds, the same goes for Force Powers and also Lightsaber effects.

The sounds modified are:
Flamethrower
Jetpack
A280 - Primary and Alternate fire
E-11 - Primary and Alternate fire
Bowcaster -Primary fire
Westar M5 - Primary and Sniper fire
EE3 - Primary and Sniper fire
Force Powers - Grip, Jump and Lightning
Pistol Level 3
Projectile Rifle
Clone Rifle - Primary fire
T-21 - Primary and Alternate fire
Lightsaber - New deflect, idle-hum, swing, ignite and shutoff (currently bugged), body-hit, block and kill sounds. Body-hit sounds and death swing sounds are characterised by a long sizzle, whilst regular blocks are bassy but short. Saber-bounce sounds have not been changed as of yet.
Impact sounds - Wall impacts and death impacts.

Planning on updating it regularly, the EABF sounds are highly customisable so endless new sound combinations can be made.

Before You Download!
Note there is a bug regarding the A280/DLT and EE3, the A280/DLT sounds sometimes get replaced by EE3 sounds and won't play their specific sound. Not sure what causes this.
There is also a bug regarding manual saber ignition/shutoff sounds (suing reload), currently they seem to be hardcoded to use the default sounds (or they are currently server-based). I cannot fix this.

Full Replacement

v1.0.0

v1.0.1
- Removed blaster body impact sounds, added Pull sound

v1.0.2
- Removed Push and Pull sounds, fixed length of Grip cracking
- Swapped a bodyhit sound with a saber kill sound for better consistency
- Fixed various incorrect sound formats
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums
- Fixed silence in some saber hums and made them loop seamlessly

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes
- Disruptor now has new insta-fire, charge and charge fire sounds
- Added new sounds for Pistol level 1 and 2 primary and secondary fire, and Pistol level 3 rapid secondary fire mode (main file only)

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster
- Removed the jump sound as it didn't stand out enough

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Every sound re-done bar the disruptor, force and saber sounds

No E-11, Bowcaster & Pistol (Credit to SneakDissing for the idea)
v1.0.0

v1.0.1
- Removed blaster body impact sounds, added Pull sound

v1.0.2
- Removed Push and Pull sounds, fixed length of Grip cracking
- Swapped a bodyhit sound with a saber kill sound for better consistency
- Fixed various incorrect sound formats
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums
- Fixed silence in some saber hums and made them loop seamlessly

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes
- Disruptor now has new insta-fire, charge and charge fire sounds

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster
- Removed the jump sound as it didn't stand out enough

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Every sound re-done bar the disruptor, force and saber sounds

v2.0.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Improved E-11 primary fire sound
- More punchy T-21 primary fire
- Modified thermal explosion to have a bit more initial bass
- Clone rifle blob fire has more initial oomph
- Added unique staff saber hums and another regular saber hum
- Startup and shutoff sounds still do not work if you use "reload" to turn the lightsaber on and off. They do work if you block to turn on and switch to melee to turn off, but as per the patch notes this should supposedly be fixed. Needs filing as an audio bug I guess
- Updated sounds for Kylo's lightsaber
- Updated all files to work with 1.5.11
- Removed falling body sound upon death

v2.1.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Adjusted the sound of a few hums to be more quiet
- Added new lightsaber sounds to work with the new system:
- Bodyhits - These are distinguished by a long sizzle at the end of the sound - similar to kill sounds
- Criticals - These have a short sizzle at the end, similar to bodyhits but much a much shorter sound
- Parries - These sound almost like saber blades bouncing off one another
- Perfect Blocks - These shimmer-type sounds are similar to the bounces from parries, but a lot longer and more recognisable
- Semi-Perfect Blocks - These are sounds that have long buzzes as a tail

v2.1.1 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Added new sounds for Mind Trick and Sense/Seeing (much less likely to cause tinnitus)
- Mind Trick has 2 different pitches, a low pitched ring for activation and a higher one for ending
- Fixed file format inconsistensies in .sab files

Video showing blaster sounds and gameplay of v1.0.0 demonstrating new saber sounds at the end. It does not include updated Flamethrower or Force Powers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You have to remove the saber sounds more than likely
yea but i cannot tell which ones to delete, even though they are there, if its just sounds it shouldnt have the risk of players actually using that saber and it bugging out for me right? cus if thats the case then i really don't mind

Risen once more, I'll begin work on a version compatible with 1.6 in the near future, probably do it from the ground up. In the meantime it's probably best to remove any saber files in order to work properly, downside is you don't get any custom saber sounds anymore but the blasters should work given they haven't been altered in the base MBII files.

:) A lot of updates to BF2 since I last updated this, so plenty more stuff to work with. Might have to extract all the sounds again however so that'll take a while, and I'm also praying that the hardcoded saber off sound has been removed but I'm not holding my breath.

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
It's likely incredibly easy to update. Making the old ones work with new versions of course- but ripping new sounds from SW BF2 EA would be more of a lengthier task.

The most I've ever done before was (among using this pack) added BF2 (2005)'s clone rifle "teets" you hear from the game. It could sound a bit fucky on CR3 but this probably isn't incredibly difficult to update.

(Video was 2yrs ago)

the sound for swing is way too loud to me, i can hear the clashing sounds a little only, can you reduce sound volume for swings please ? thx but its an awesome mod ! great job !