Battlefront Sound Replacer - v2.1.1 08/12/18

Lessen

Nerd
Movie Battles II Team
Reaction score
Super cool pack, my guy. Vanilla MB2's sound effects can get a bit... ear-rapey, for lack of a better word. The way you write about the pack shows that you put a lot of care into it, making sure things don't just "sound cool" but also "function well." Like having very distinct saber clash / body hit noises. it's cool

Lessen

Nerd
Movie Battles II Team
Reaction score
It worked for me just downloading zzz_MBSounds1.0.3.pk3

Reaction score
What about the sound from star wars rebels/clonewars for the mandalorian pistol?
Alongside the rebels sound of the flamethrower :p

Last edited:

Lessen

Nerd
Movie Battles II Team
Reaction score
yess. sometimes i wonder if i have an unfair advantage because the sounds are so much easier on the ears (like, for example E-11 alt-fire) that i can focus more clearly on aiming. In other news, i've noticed that playing without sound or with music that drowns out the sound also helps my focus and blaster aim lol, but sound cues are important. i wonder if there's any way to compromise/optimize that. Play at a lower volume? Do some kinda mental reordering to become less stressed out by blasterfire noises?

vanilla A280/DLT-20a burstfire is especially stressful with vanilla noises. PZPZPHP!. PZHP!-PZHP!PZHP!PZHP!PZHP! aaa
whereas here it's "ptoo, pte-pte-pte-ptoo."

anyway, the sounds here just SOUND cool too. p3 sounds so punchy.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Reaction score
What about the sound from star wars rebels/clonewars for the mandalorian pistol?
Alongside the rebels sound of the flamethrower :p
Keep in mind people have to isolate those sounds from the music, which is kinda difficult. That's why ripping from games is easy, since you can find the audio file itself.

Reaction score
I had to reformat my computer, didn't necessarily lose progress so to speak, just got set back as I no longer have the original project files that are currently in the latest version. I'll be back to work on this at some point, and first priority is making sure that ridiculous passthrough ping is changed. Some sounds like the Westar for example probably won't be getting touched, as in my opinion it uses the best sound in the first place.

Force powers are just plain hard to get them sounding any good, plus their already iconic-yet-goofy sounds are basically irreplaceable. Suggestions as to what other weapons and sounds to change are welcome,

Reaction score
I really like this mod, the mando jetpack always sounded so ugly, and this actually manages to make it sound satisfying. Thanks!