Battlefront Sound Replacer - v2.1.1 08/12/18

I've spent a bit of time integrating the excellent sound design of EABF into a replacer for MB. Most main weapons have new/improved sounds, the same goes for Force Powers and also Lightsaber effects.

The sounds modified are:
Flamethrower
Jetpack
A280 - Primary and Alternate fire
E-11 - Primary and Alternate fire
Bowcaster -Primary fire
Westar M5 - Primary and Sniper fire
EE3 - Primary and Sniper fire
Force Powers - Grip, Jump and Lightning
Pistol Level 3
Projectile Rifle
Clone Rifle - Primary fire
T-21 - Primary and Alternate fire
Lightsaber - New deflect, idle-hum, swing, ignite and shutoff (currently bugged), body-hit, block and kill sounds. Body-hit sounds and death swing sounds are characterised by a long sizzle, whilst regular blocks are bassy but short. Saber-bounce sounds have not been changed as of yet.
Impact sounds - Wall impacts and death impacts.

Planning on updating it regularly, the EABF sounds are highly customisable so endless new sound combinations can be made.

Before You Download!
Note there is a bug regarding the A280/DLT and EE3, the A280/DLT sounds sometimes get replaced by EE3 sounds and won't play their specific sound. Not sure what causes this.
There is also a bug regarding manual saber ignition/shutoff sounds (suing reload), currently they seem to be hardcoded to use the default sounds (or they are currently server-based). I cannot fix this.

Full Replacement

v1.0.0

v1.0.1
- Removed blaster body impact sounds, added Pull sound

v1.0.2
- Removed Push and Pull sounds, fixed length of Grip cracking
- Swapped a bodyhit sound with a saber kill sound for better consistency
- Fixed various incorrect sound formats
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums
- Fixed silence in some saber hums and made them loop seamlessly

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes
- Disruptor now has new insta-fire, charge and charge fire sounds
- Added new sounds for Pistol level 1 and 2 primary and secondary fire, and Pistol level 3 rapid secondary fire mode (main file only)

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster
- Removed the jump sound as it didn't stand out enough

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Every sound re-done bar the disruptor, force and saber sounds

No E-11, Bowcaster & Pistol (Credit to SneakDissing for the idea)
v1.0.0

v1.0.1
- Removed blaster body impact sounds, added Pull sound

v1.0.2
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster
- Removed the jump sound as it didn't stand out enough

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Every sound re-done bar the disruptor, force and saber sounds

v2.0.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Improved E-11 primary fire sound
- More punchy T-21 primary fire
- Modified thermal explosion to have a bit more initial bass
- Clone rifle blob fire has more initial oomph
- Added unique staff saber hums and another regular saber hum
- Startup and shutoff sounds still do not work if you use "reload" to turn the lightsaber on and off. They do work if you block to turn on and switch to melee to turn off, but as per the patch notes this should supposedly be fixed. Needs filing as an audio bug I guess
- Updated sounds for Kylo's lightsaber
- Updated all files to work with 1.5.11
- Removed falling body sound upon death

v2.1.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Adjusted the sound of a few hums to be more quiet
- Added new lightsaber sounds to work with the new system:
- Bodyhits - These are distinguished by a long sizzle at the end of the sound - similar to kill sounds
- Criticals - These have a short sizzle at the end, similar to bodyhits but much a much shorter sound
- Parries - These sound almost like saber blades bouncing off one another
- Perfect Blocks - These shimmer-type sounds are similar to the bounces from parries, but a lot longer and more recognisable
- Semi-Perfect Blocks - These are sounds that have long buzzes as a tail

v2.1.1 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Added new sounds for Mind Trick and Sense/Seeing (much less likely to cause tinnitus)
- Mind Trick has 2 different pitches, a low pitched ring for activation and a higher one for ending
- Fixed file format inconsistensies in .sab files

Video showing blaster sounds and gameplay of v1.0.0 demonstrating new saber sounds at the end. It does not include updated Flamethrower or Force Powers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antraxo

Donator
Niiiice keep up the good work :) I only think the E11 sounds a bit wrong but maybe that's just me.

Regarding the E-11. yeah I know what you mean. I think I'll re-do that sound, as it sounds a bit tinny and not quite right. I've updated the download as I forgot to include the new Push sound.

Edit: E-11 is improved, did a couple of new sounds for primary and secondary fire. Uploaded

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
I just love the E-11 it's one of my favourite blasters :) ... you should give it a sound like this
and yeah I know you're trying to use the ea BF sounds which are awesome I love the sound design in that game.

Also I put the pk3 file into my mb2 folder but it's not working :( Anything I'm doing wrong or do I actually have to replace all the files ?

Edit: So I tested your old DL and it worked but the new one doesnt seem to work soundwise. (And I accidently lost the old file haha) :p

Last edited:
Do you have any other sound replacers or replacers in general?

Edit: I structured the pk3 wrong, I apologise! I'll reupload with the correct file structure.

Last edited:
I feel like most of the sounds for blasters should be louder. Theyre just so quiet especially proj rifle but the sounds themself are really cool.

Antraxo

Donator
Testing the new download .. but bad news it's not working D: .. maybe still some small mistake in it? I'm not using any other sound replacers.

Edit: Found the error you named the folder inside the pk3 file "Sounds" but it has to be named "sound". Might check if there is any other small errors :p

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
I can't believe I made a balls of it again. Re-uploaded, it 100% works this time as I've tested it myself.
Don't worry. By the way I really like the sounds keep up the good work I bet you can improve it way more for the blasters and such or even some explosions or other things :).

Thanks for the compliments and I appreciate the constructive criticism too. As per Quinto, does anybody else feel the sounds are too quiet? Too bassy maybe or missing a certain characteristic? Let me know and I'll have a go at improving what I can

If it's okay with you, I'll be making a private version of this excluding E-11 and the Bowcaster sounds,and I'll post it here first thing tomorrow morning so others who are not fond of those certain sounds can still use this replacement without being forced to play with those specifics.

That's no problem. Go ahead and I'll add it to the OP.

Edit: Regarding that "forced" sound, I have a feeling it's due to a half second or so of silence at the start of said sound, which is fine for slow firing weapons. But for fast/rapid fire weapons it basically makes it sound awful. I'll go through each sound and make sure there's no silence at the start.

I'll make the alternative replacement and upload it and credit you with the idea :)

Edit2: Uploaded the alternative version.
Updated the EE3 snipe, it should sound more unique, and also reverted the secondary E-11 fire to be the same as primary.

Also removed silence from the beginning of various sounds so they should sound better when using alt/rapid fire.

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
Awesome! Also can't wait for the "normal" E-11 :p I just love that sound :) this has potential !

Edit: I would suggest adding some kind of version number so people know which version they use in the future it would also make it more easy for you to know if someone has issues :)

Thanks for the suggestion! The next version I upload will have a version number, and each version will be kept in-case there's any reason to need an old version. Currently replacing some lackluster impact sounds, I've also included a new passthrough sound that's got a bit more to it rather than the annoying ping.

Edit: Updated starting from v1.0.0, this has new impact sounds in.

Edit2: v1.0.1, reverted body impacts from guns to default, added a new sound for Pull.

Edit3: v1.0.2, fairly big update.

Edit3: 1.0.3!
- Added new Jump sound
- Added new sounds for Pistol level 1 and 2 primary and secondary fire, and Pistol level 3 rapid secondary fire mode (main file only)

Last edited: