Battlefront Sound Replacer - v2.1.1 08/12/18

I've spent a bit of time integrating the excellent sound design of EABF into a replacer for MB. Most main weapons have new/improved sounds, the same goes for Force Powers and also Lightsaber effects.

The sounds modified are:
Flamethrower
Jetpack
A280 - Primary and Alternate fire
E-11 - Primary and Alternate fire
Bowcaster -Primary fire
Westar M5 - Primary and Sniper fire
EE3 - Primary and Sniper fire
Force Powers - Grip, Jump and Lightning
Pistol Level 3
Projectile Rifle
Clone Rifle - Primary fire
T-21 - Primary and Alternate fire
Lightsaber - New deflect, idle-hum, swing, ignite and shutoff (currently bugged), body-hit, block and kill sounds. Body-hit sounds and death swing sounds are characterised by a long sizzle, whilst regular blocks are bassy but short. Saber-bounce sounds have not been changed as of yet.
Impact sounds - Wall impacts and death impacts.

Planning on updating it regularly, the EABF sounds are highly customisable so endless new sound combinations can be made.

Before You Download!
Note there is a bug regarding the A280/DLT and EE3, the A280/DLT sounds sometimes get replaced by EE3 sounds and won't play their specific sound. Not sure what causes this.
There is also a bug regarding manual saber ignition/shutoff sounds (suing reload), currently they seem to be hardcoded to use the default sounds (or they are currently server-based). I cannot fix this.

Full Replacement

v1.0.0

v1.0.1
- Removed blaster body impact sounds, added Pull sound

v1.0.2
- Removed Push and Pull sounds, fixed length of Grip cracking
- Swapped a bodyhit sound with a saber kill sound for better consistency
- Fixed various incorrect sound formats
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums
- Fixed silence in some saber hums and made them loop seamlessly

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes
- Disruptor now has new insta-fire, charge and charge fire sounds
- Added new sounds for Pistol level 1 and 2 primary and secondary fire, and Pistol level 3 rapid secondary fire mode (main file only)

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster
- Removed the jump sound as it didn't stand out enough

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Every sound re-done bar the disruptor, force and saber sounds

No E-11, Bowcaster & Pistol (Credit to SneakDissing for the idea)
v1.0.0

v1.0.1

v1.0.2
- Altered Open Sabers to add specific start and shutoff sounds as well as different hums

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- E-11 secondary now has its own sound to differentiate between primary and alternate firing modes

v1.0.4 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5
- Updated .sab files, LIGHTSABER ON/OFF SOUNDS STILL HARDCODED FFS, any reason for this? Or am I just doing it wrong?
- New sounds for the a280, blaster, bowcaster, pistol 1 - 3, arc m5, arc and clone pistols, ee3, projectile rifle, clone rifle, and the SBD arm blaster

v1.0.5 - Compatible with MBII 1.4.5

v2.0.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Improved E-11 primary fire sound
- More punchy T-21 primary fire
- Modified thermal explosion to have a bit more initial bass
- Clone rifle blob fire has more initial oomph
- Added unique staff saber hums and another regular saber hum
- Startup and shutoff sounds still do not work if you use "reload" to turn the lightsaber on and off. They do work if you block to turn on and switch to melee to turn off, but as per the patch notes this should supposedly be fixed. Needs filing as an audio bug I guess
- Updated sounds for Kylo's lightsaber
- Updated all files to work with 1.5.11
- Removed falling body sound upon death

v2.1.0 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Adjusted the sound of a few hums to be more quiet
- Added new lightsaber sounds to work with the new system:
- Bodyhits - These are distinguished by a long sizzle at the end of the sound - similar to kill sounds
- Criticals - These have a short sizzle at the end, similar to bodyhits but much a much shorter sound
- Parries - These sound almost like saber blades bouncing off one another
- Perfect Blocks - These shimmer-type sounds are similar to the bounces from parries, but a lot longer and more recognisable
- Semi-Perfect Blocks - These are sounds that have long buzzes as a tail

v2.1.1 - Compatible with MBII 1.5.11
- Added new sounds for Mind Trick and Sense/Seeing (much less likely to cause tinnitus)
- Mind Trick has 2 different pitches, a low pitched ring for activation and a higher one for ending
- Fixed file format inconsistensies in .sab files

Video showing blaster sounds and gameplay of v1.0.0 demonstrating new saber sounds at the end. It does not include updated Flamethrower or Force Powers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I totally forgot about this but Im glad you bumped. Lots of nice updates since last. I think I'll be using this minus saber and E-11 sounds. i just cant do that to base e11 :(

I've spent a bit of time integrating the excellent sound design of EABF into a replacer for MB. Most main weapons have new/improved sounds, the same goes for Force Powers and also Lightsaber effects.

The sounds modified are:
Flamethrower
Jetpack
A280 - Primary and Alternate fire
E-11 - Primary and Alternate fire
Bowcaster -Primary fire
Westar M5 - Primary and Sniper fire
EE3 - Primary and Sniper fire
Force Powers - Grip, Jump and Lightning
Pistol Level 3
Projectile Rifle
Clone Rifle - Primary fire
T-21 - Primary and Alternate fire
Lightsaber - New deflect, idle-hum, swing, ignite and shutoff (currently bugged), body-hit, block and kill sounds. Body-hit sounds and death swing sounds are characterised by a long sizzle, whilst regular blocks are bassy but short. Saber-bounce sounds have not been changed as of yet.
Impact sounds - Wall impacts and death impacts.

Planning on updating it regularly, the EABF sounds are highly customisable so endless new sound combinations can be made.

Before You Download!
Note there is a bug regarding the A280/DLT and EE3, the A280/DLT sounds sometimes get replaced by EE3 sounds and won't play their specific sound. Not sure what causes this.
There is also a bug regarding manual saber ignition/shutoff sounds (suing reload), currently they seem to be hardcoded to use the default sounds (or they are currently server-based). I cannot fix this.

Full Replacement

v1.0.0

v1.0.1

v1.0.2

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound
- Added new sounds for Pistol level 1 and 2 primary and secondary fire, and Pistol level 3 rapid secondary fire mode (main file only)

No E-11, Bowcaster & Pistol (Credit to SneakDissing for the idea)
v1.0.0

v1.0.1

v1.0.2

v1.0.3
- Added new Jump sound

Video showing blaster sounds and gameplay demonstrating new saber sounds at the end. It does not include updated Flamethrower or Force Powers

V1.0.3 of the first row and the second remove some of the new hilts as well as some saber sounds. I combined all versions into one fixing the issue of the saber sounds/hilts. **Note** This verison is to my personal taste, there are some sounds that have been removed and added
  • Pistol, flamethrower, jet pack, player bodies, a280, e11, ee3, t-21, nades (explosion)
  • Force grip, lightning , pull and push.
  • I removed the bow caster sounds, the clone trooper rifle sounds (DC-17A), and the clone rifle (wester m5)
I personally recommend deleting the pull and push sound files because of how quiet the sound ques are. This can prove to be an issues as a jedi/sith can be behind you trying to pull or push you without you being aware. I kept the files in there because I will be playing with those sounds as I enjoy them.
**I did nothing except combine folders/files into 1 and removed some files/folders. All credit goes to player TehPandemic**
Here is the link: NewMb2SoundsV2.zip.

Got my hands on a few sounds from the recent EABFII Beta, so here we go, an update!

v1.04

First post has been updated

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Got my hands on a few sounds from the recent EABFII Beta, so here we go, an update!

v1.04

First post has been updated

You're not doing it wrong, it's still bugged unfortunately. It was fixed at some point but something got messed up and couldn't make it to the latest version, here's hoping that we fix it for the upcoming release.

As a side note, glad to see that we have a new version! Looking forward to testing it asap.

Just to let you know that you can hear the new ignite and shutoff sounds, ONLY if you turn off your lightsaber by switching to melee, and ignite it by using block. Using reload plays the old sounds.

1.0.5 up!

v1.0.5

First post updated

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Just to let you know that you can hear the new ignite and shutoff sounds, ONLY if you turn off your lightsaber by switching to melee, and ignite it by using block. Using reload plays the old sounds.

1.0.5 up!

v1.0.5

First post updated
Every sound? Praise be, how the fack has nobody responded to this yet.

First impressions: Proj sounds super neato.

Arc's M5 sounds super neato.

Mando EE-3 snipermode is a little underwhelming or overly similar to the nonsnipermode, but hey, it's still neato.

The sound of firing a concblob is arguably too quiet and non-distinctive. But also: it does sound cool. >:y

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Seem to have missed the latest update, will take a look. I usually just merge what I like into a personal sound replacer. Good work on this

Give me all the feedback you want, the more the better ideally. I'm probably not going to release another version until after EABFII is released and the sounds are extracted, but I do have a temporary 1.1.0 with more punchy saber sounds, saber swings, hums and everything.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Bumpppp, also this is what I did to tweak it to my personal tastes, but I think some guns should be modified a bit. EE3 sounds kinda cheesy, A280 could sound a little punchier, Westar m5 prim fire sounds a little tinny. A new blob sound would be nice

-Removed Saber sounds (EXT Data & saber folder)
-Removed jetpackoff.wav, thrust.wav
-Kept E11 sounds (BlasterMB)
-Kept 1.0.3 blaster folder intact
-Used 1.0.3 Westar M5 sniper sound (1.0.5 sounds too punchy for me)
-Kept 1.0.3 Disruptor prim fire
-Kept lvl3pistol SFX 1.0.3

Back from the dead!

First post updated with a link for 2.0.0, it's preliminary at the minute as I'm just working my way around the new saber sounds that have been added that seemingly make the old ones redundant. I've also not updated the alternate version just yet, I will do once I figure the new lightsaber sounds out.

For the time being it's not much of a change, but everything except the new saber impact sounds should work with the latest version now. Let me know if it doesn't.

v2.0.0
- Improved E-11 primary fire sound
- More punchy T-21 primary fire
- Modified thermal explosion to have a bit more initial bass
- Clone rifle blob fire has more initial oomph
- Added unique staff saber hums and another regular saber hum
- Startup and shutoff sounds still do not work if you use "reload" to turn the lightsaber on and off. They do work if you block to turn on and switch to melee to turn off, but as per the patch notes this should supposedly be fixed. Needs filing as an audio bug I guess.
- Updated sounds for Kylo's lightsaber
- Updated all files to work with 1.5.11
- Removed falling body sound upon death

Lightsaber changes! First post updated
v2.1.0
- Adjusted the sound of a few hums to be more quiet
- Added new lightsaber sounds to work with the new system:
- Bodyhits - These are distinguished by a long sizzle at the end of the sound - similar to kill sounds
- Criticals - These have a short sizzle at the end, similar to bodyhits but much a much shorter sound
- Parries - These sound almost like saber blades bouncing off one another
- Perfect Blocks - These shimmer-type sounds are similar to the bounces from parries, but a lot longer and more recognisable
- Semi-Perfect Blocks - These are sounds that have long buzzes as a tail

v2.1.1
- Added new sounds for Mind Trick and Sense/Seeing (much less likely to cause tinnitus)
- Mind Trick has 2 different pitches, a low pitched ring for activation and a higher one for ending
- Fixed file format inconsistensies in .sab files

Please let me know what you think, whether they sound too loud, too quiet, too obnoxious, anything at all.
Suggestions for new sounds or changes are very welcome.

Last edited: