Anti-Trolling Mechanics is a MUST for next build

LET'S MAKE MBII GREAT AGAIN

No, honestly, this will pain me to suggest, because a lot of the people I indirectly refer to here are friends or people who tend to make me laugh and enjoy myself. But come on... This HAS to be sorted out!

I recently had a three week break from MBII out of total boredom combined with real-life activities, but like every other MBII lover I always come back. And oh boy... every time I come back, it's a little bit worse, ain't i? And why? Well, having thought about it after my last endavour - this time on TIN Open - It's just getting more and more obvious to me. And damn, it killed my joy playing the game again faster than three bags of potato chips down a fat woman's throat.

SS7. SS7 Lovers. Melee worshippers. Timewasters. Trolls. TIN Open (or as it should be named; Troll Server - Open - We Encourage Tk's and Timewaste).

I played one hour from 17-18 yesterday, and TIN Open was the only populated EU Server. There were two guys camping on four different maps, wasting what would be about 2 minutes every round for those 60 minutes. They also did a fair bit of tking. About 10-19 people during the course of that hour used the !report function to no avail. In the end, what would of been my usual 3-hours gameplay, turned into a very somber and bored 60 minutes (for better or worse, I suppose).

Then, I came back at 23:00 for a 60-90 minutes before bed to fully enjoy myself - and fuck the nanny sideways, what a shitshow. 30 people on the server. 15 of them trolls. It was tks from left to right, timewaste every single round, planned tk raids to other servers to then come back and tk and troll more (but I suppose less than on the other one) on TIN. The few new players i could identify were complaining about tks and timewaste, and left shortly after, whilst I remained in hopes of some sort of proper gameplay. This never happened, and the trolling continued until I at least left for the night about an hour later.

Here's the real problem, guys:

This isn't something that happens from time to time. This happens EVERY time TIN Open is the server to go to. I suppose many of them use SS7 nicks under alias - or just fucking love these trolls so much that they won't do nothing about it. And it's all good to have some fun. It's the reason we all play this game; for fun.

But it isn't fun to ruin the game for everyone else. It's not fun to try to play a game, but are forced to spectate a bunch of clowns run around on walls and shouting "FALL BACK" for 3 minutes whilst the rest of the team's player's are dead, clinging on to hope that one of them will end the other.

And it's definitely not fun to watch new players try to learn the game (a game that might just now before this night have gotten their attention) leave in confusion and hopelessness as they go back to whatever other games they find a lot more entertaining than watching trolls run on walls, nade eachother or tk a guy by accident but get away with it by saying "Oops" x8 times and the admin finding it chuckle-worthy.

So, to end my little rant:

TIN Open, SS7, and trolls are completely and utterly killing this MOD. If you want to keep this game alive, you gotta kill some little bunnies... And you do it by creating an anti-troll mechanic. There are many ways to do this, but it has to be manufactured from outside the admin rights. Because the player's have stopped giving a shit. Let the game live, guys.

Last edited:
Suggestions:

- Every time 2 players on rebs are left, and two players on imps are left - or less (1 on each), if there is no hostile/unfriendly connection the round will end after 20-30 seconds and the victory given either randomly, or to the defending team. Round will end, no matter what.

- If the last 1-2 players on each team do not interfere with one another for 30 seconds, a warning will show up giving them another 10 seconds to engage with an enemy or a forcespec will take place for the attacking players.

- If 1-2 players are left on each team, and the only registered damage is from melee attacks, give a warning that without casualties for the next 30 seconds forcespecs will be issued. Do the same if gunfire+melee attacks are registered, but no casualties for the next minute; forcespecs.

- If xNUMBER of players !report the same user over and over again (let's say five different reports), let the game use in-game-log to check if the player has been teamkilling more than once for the last 30 minutes (that includes teamdamage beyond 20 hp every round to every second round), then followed by a temporary ban for 10-30 rounds.

- If a player is registered to do team damage every round (let's say a minimum of 3 rounds) beyond 10 hp, give out a warning on-screen. If the player continues to do teamdamage beyond 10 hp dmg for 3 more rounds, issue a tempban for 3 rounds. Break the cycle and start a new timer every second round without teamdamage.

- If a player tks more than one teammate with a TD or a grenade during his first 30 seconds of a round, log his IP, insta PERMBAN (rangeip, not the dynamics) the said player for a minimum of two-three days. If the same IP is registered doing the same again during the next month, a permban for the next month will be issued.

- Then again, if the player TKs with a TD or a grenade at all during any given round - without receiving at least one !F - tempban for 3 rounds and log the IP. If the same IP comes back during the same day, and teamkills with nades again, rangeban for a given time.

These are all just freshly, cooked suggestions - some of them are do-able, some of them might be too risky - but if this took me ten minutes, then sure others can do even better.

Another suggestion would be to remove User-made servers completely, and only show five-eight DEV-controlled, ACTIVE servers (two for OPEN, two for FA, two for Duel, two for LOLs).

This is a bit harsh of course, and would be a lost-solution in my opinion. I think the other suggestions are far better.

How about a gamemode that just gives everyone unlimited lives an the round ends based on if the attacking team breaks through the enemy's defenses in time, but the defending team has a longer spawn time and classes with multiple lives have shorter spawn times? It'll solve the problem with tking because all it will do is bump you back to spawn, and it will solve the timewasting problem because you aren't keeping anyone in spectate waiting because nobody will be in spectate.

How about a gamemode that just gives everyone unlimited lives an the round ends based on if the attacking team breaks through the enemy's defenses in time, but the defending team has a longer spawn time and classes with multiple lives have shorter spawn times? It'll solve the problem with tking because all it will do is bump you back to spawn, and it will solve the timewasting problem because you aren't keeping anyone in spectate waiting because nobody will be in spectate.
Indeed. This could work as well, although it loses the sense of danger.

Karus

Donator
LET'S MAKE MBII GREAT AGAIN

No, honestly, this will pain me to suggest, because a lot of the people I indirectly refer to here are friends or people who tend to make me laugh and enjoy myself. But come on... This HAS to be sorted out!

I recently had a three week break from MBII out of total boredom combined with real-life activities, but like every other MBII lover I always come back. And oh boy... every time I come back, it's a little bit worse, ain't i? And why? Well, having thought about it after my last endavour - this time on TIN Open - It's just getting more and more obvious to me. And damn, it killed my joy playing the game again faster than three bags of potato chips down a fat woman's throat.

SS7. SS7 Lovers. Melee worshippers. Timewasters. Trolls. TIN Open (or as it should be named; Troll Server - Open - We Encourage Tk's and Timewaste).

I played one hour from 17-18 yesterday, and TIN Open was the only populated EU Server. There were two guys camping on four different maps, wasting what would be about 2 minutes every round for those 60 minutes. They also did a fair bit of tking. About 10-19 people during the course of that hour used the !report function to no avail. In the end, what would of been my usual 3-hours gameplay, turned into a very somber and bored 60 minutes (for better or worse, I suppose).

Then, I came back at 23:00 for a 60-90 minutes before bed to fully enjoy myself - and fuck the nanny sideways, what a shitshow. 30 people on the server. 15 of them trolls. It was tks from left to right, timewaste every single round, planned tk raids to other servers to then come back and tk and troll more (but I suppose less than on the other one) on TIN. The few new players i could identify were complaining about tks and timewaste, and left shortly after, whilst I remained in hopes of some sort of proper gameplay. This never happened, and the trolling continued until I at least left for the night about an hour later.

Here's the real problem, guys:

This isn't something that happens from time to time. This happens EVERY time TIN Open is the server to go to. I suppose many of them use SS7 nicks under alias - or just fucking love these trolls so much that they won't do nothing about it. And it's all good to have some fun. It's the reason we all play this game; for fun.

But it isn't fun to ruin the game for everyone else. It's not fun to try to play a game, but are forced to spectate a bunch of clowns run around on walls and shouting "FALL BACK" for 3 minutes whilst the rest of the team's player's are dead, clinging on to hope that one of them will end the other.

And it's definitely not fun to watch new players try to learn the game (a game that might just now before this night have gotten their attention) leave in confusion and hopelessness as they go back to whatever other games they find a lot more entertaining than watching trolls run on walls, nade eachother or tk a guy by accident but get away with it by saying "Oops" x8 times and the admin finding it chuckle-worthy.

So, to end my little rant:

TIN Open, SS7, and trolls are completely and utterly killing this MOD. If you want to keep this game alive, you gotta kill some little bunnies... And you do it by creating an anti-troll mechanic. There are many ways to do this, but it has to be manufactured from outside the admin rights. Because the player's have stopped giving a shit. Let the game live, guys.
I do agree with you 100%, but saying TIN Open is the only server this happens on (?) is complete and utter bullshit imo.
I've experienced these problems ever since I started MBII back in 2016, on pretty much every server I've ever played Open on.
It's one of the reasons I just stay away from Open as much as possible; whilst I do enjoy it, I find myself getting pretty triggered half the time lol, because there's not much you can do about trolls when there's no admins present, you just have to deal with their delinquency until they get bored and leave or afk.
Your suggestions are great though.

Karus

Donator
You're just gonna be giving trolls more lives/oppurtunities to cause shit though
Unlimited lives = unlimited trolling

Maybe TIN open is just a shit server without any active admins? Have you ever considered that?

Anyway mb2 is great exactly because people can either tryhard OR do stupid shit like this. These fascist suggestions of yours belong in the trash bro

Tho I agree 50% on this

Someone has to troll atleast once to have a good time lol

SF Servers don't have anticheat on if anyone noticed xD