Anti-Trolling Mechanics is a MUST for next build

1532098353575.jpg

Darth_Savilex

Banned
Infraction: Flaming
LET'S MAKE MBII GREAT AGAIN

No, honestly, this will pain me to suggest, because a lot of the people I indirectly refer to here are friends or people who tend to make me laugh and enjoy myself. But come on... This HAS to be sorted out!

I recently had a three week break from MBII out of total boredom combined with real-life activities, but like every other MBII lover I always come back. And oh boy... every time I come back, it's a little bit worse, ain't i? And why? Well, having thought about it after my last endavour - this time on TIN Open - It's just getting more and more obvious to me. And damn, it killed my joy playing the game again faster than three bags of potato chips down a fat woman's throat.

SS7. SS7 Lovers. Melee worshippers. Timewasters. Trolls. TIN Open (or as it should be named; Troll Server - Open - We Encourage Tk's and Timewaste).

I played one hour from 17-18 yesterday, and TIN Open was the only populated EU Server. There were two guys camping on four different maps, wasting what would be about 2 minutes every round for those 60 minutes. They also did a fair bit of tking. About 10-19 people during the course of that hour used the !report function to no avail. In the end, what would of been my usual 3-hours gameplay, turned into a very somber and bored 60 minutes (for better or worse, I suppose).

Then, I came back at 23:00 for a 60-90 minutes before bed to fully enjoy myself - and fuck the nanny sideways, what a shitshow. 30 people on the server. 15 of them trolls. It was tks from left to right, timewaste every single round, planned tk raids to other servers to then come back and tk and troll more (but I suppose less than on the other one) on TIN. The few new players i could identify were complaining about tks and timewaste, and left shortly after, whilst I remained in hopes of some sort of proper gameplay. This never happened, and the trolling continued until I at least left for the night about an hour later.

Here's the real problem, guys:

This isn't something that happens from time to time. This happens EVERY time TIN Open is the server to go to. I suppose many of them use SS7 nicks under alias - or just fucking love these trolls so much that they won't do nothing about it. And it's all good to have some fun. It's the reason we all play this game; for fun.

But it isn't fun to ruin the game for everyone else. It's not fun to try to play a game, but are forced to spectate a bunch of clowns run around on walls and shouting "FALL BACK" for 3 minutes whilst the rest of the team's player's are dead, clinging on to hope that one of them will end the other.

And it's definitely not fun to watch new players try to learn the game (a game that might just now before this night have gotten their attention) leave in confusion and hopelessness as they go back to whatever other games they find a lot more entertaining than watching trolls run on walls, nade eachother or tk a guy by accident but get away with it by saying "Oops" x8 times and the admin finding it chuckle-worthy.

So, to end my little rant:

TIN Open, SS7, and trolls are completely and utterly killing this MOD. If you want to keep this game alive, you gotta kill some little bunnies... And you do it by creating an anti-troll mechanic. There are many ways to do this, but it has to be manufactured from outside the admin rights. Because the player's have stopped giving a shit. Let the game live, guys.
You're gay go to gas chamber

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Honestly I agree with oink oink. When 30 percent of the server troll every round and practically do nothing it kills all my mb2 vibes. Once the enemy stops fighting back is when I eventually bore quit.

it is sad because I like many of these guys, nothing against them personally. It is the way they enjoy the game but in the process kills the fun for me. Dont mind them when there are like one or two fucking around but once there is around 5 or more hugging each other and wasting time then it starts to get real dull.

Infraction: Flaming
LET'S MAKE MBII GREAT AGAIN

No, honestly, this will pain me to suggest, because a lot of the people I indirectly refer to here are friends or people who tend to make me laugh and enjoy myself. But come on... This HAS to be sorted out!

I recently had a three week break from MBII out of total boredom combined with real-life activities, but like every other MBII lover I always come back. And oh boy... every time I come back, it's a little bit worse, ain't i? And why? Well, having thought about it after my last endavour - this time on TIN Open - It's just getting more and more obvious to me. And damn, it killed my joy playing the game again faster than three bags of potato chips down a fat woman's throat.

SS7. SS7 Lovers. Melee worshippers. Timewasters. Trolls. TIN Open (or as it should be named; Troll Server - Open - We Encourage Tk's and Timewaste).

I played one hour from 17-18 yesterday, and TIN Open was the only populated EU Server. There were two guys camping on four different maps, wasting what would be about 2 minutes every round for those 60 minutes. They also did a fair bit of tking. About 10-19 people during the course of that hour used the !report function to no avail. In the end, what would of been my usual 3-hours gameplay, turned into a very somber and bored 60 minutes (for better or worse, I suppose).

Then, I came back at 23:00 for a 60-90 minutes before bed to fully enjoy myself - and fuck the nanny sideways, what a shitshow. 30 people on the server. 15 of them trolls. It was tks from left to right, timewaste every single round, planned tk raids to other servers to then come back and tk and troll more (but I suppose less than on the other one) on TIN. The few new players i could identify were complaining about tks and timewaste, and left shortly after, whilst I remained in hopes of some sort of proper gameplay. This never happened, and the trolling continued until I at least left for the night about an hour later.

Here's the real problem, guys:

This isn't something that happens from time to time. This happens EVERY time TIN Open is the server to go to. I suppose many of them use SS7 nicks under alias - or just fucking love these trolls so much that they won't do nothing about it. And it's all good to have some fun. It's the reason we all play this game; for fun.

But it isn't fun to ruin the game for everyone else. It's not fun to try to play a game, but are forced to spectate a bunch of clowns run around on walls and shouting "FALL BACK" for 3 minutes whilst the rest of the team's player's are dead, clinging on to hope that one of them will end the other.

And it's definitely not fun to watch new players try to learn the game (a game that might just now before this night have gotten their attention) leave in confusion and hopelessness as they go back to whatever other games they find a lot more entertaining than watching trolls run on walls, nade eachother or tk a guy by accident but get away with it by saying "Oops" x8 times and the admin finding it chuckle-worthy.

So, to end my little rant:

TIN Open, SS7, and trolls are completely and utterly killing this MOD. If you want to keep this game alive, you gotta kill some little bunnies... And you do it by creating an anti-troll mechanic. There are many ways to do this, but it has to be manufactured from outside the admin rights. Because the player's have stopped giving a shit. Let the game live, guys.
nice essay retard

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I do agree with you 100%, but saying TIN Open is the only server this happens on (?) is complete and utter bullshit imo.
I've experienced these problems ever since I started MBII back in 2016, on pretty much every server I've ever played Open on.
It's one of the reasons I just stay away from Open as much as possible; whilst I do enjoy it, I find myself getting pretty triggered half the time lol, because there's not much you can do about trolls when there's no admins present, you just have to deal with their delinquency until they get bored and leave or afk.
Your suggestions are great though.
If you agree with him 100% ur gay

You're just gonna be giving trolls more lives/oppurtunities to cause shit though
Unlimited lives = unlimited trolling
The only way they're gonna be able to be little shits is by tking, so if they keep it up you can just punish them over and over until they either get killed for tking too much and never respawn or just get kicked from the game.

It's bad enough with shit gameplay,doesn't help with waiting a good 3/2 minutes since 1 or 2 people want to crouch walk to gain attention

Karus

Donator
If you agree with him 100% ur gay
Hessu shhhh you've been triggered lots of times by trolls too, we all get triggered by annoying fucks sometimes
So it's easy to see where Oink's coming from
My only issue is that it might just kill MBII, not everyone wants to play seriously ALL the time, sometimes it's fun to just fuck around, not neccessarily make it bad for others but just not playing 100% seriously
And if you lot actually believe trolling is keeping MBII alive you're seriously delusional
What new players join MBII, get trolled and enjoy it? Very few I can guarantee that

How about just a seperate Open mode?
Most games have a Casual/Ranked system. Maybe MBII could do with a similar thing?
One for casual play and one for more serious/competitive play?
Maybe that's asking for too much, though

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Hessu shhhh you've been triggered lots of times by trolls too, we all get triggered by annoying fucks sometimes
So it's easy to see where Oink's coming from
My only issue is that it might just kill MBII, not everyone wants to play seriously ALL the time, sometimes it's fun to just fuck around, not neccessarily make it bad for others but just not playing 100% seriously
And if you lot actually believe trolling is keeping MBII alive you're seriously delusional
What new players join MBII, get trolled and enjoy it? Very few I can guarantee that

How about just a seperate Open mode?
Most games have a Casual/Ranked system. Maybe MBII could do with a similar thing?
One for casual play and one for more serious/competitive play?
Maybe that's asking for too much, though
No

Half of the replies in this thread seem to be from the target group Oink was talking about. Really makes you think...
Threeping morningwood please don't think so much, you need more blood in your primary sexual organ when you wake up in the morning.

kid troll i thought you quit?

UKREEN
Sup, brother? (I think that's how you black people greet each other, isn't it?)

@Topic: People like Bob Billy and Fives (shitty binds player) especially can be teamkilled without the teamkiller gaining any TK points on all European servers. You guys really should try it out. I do it all the time. Just teamkill and have fun afterwards!

Karus

Donator
It's bad enough with shit gameplay,doesn't help with waiting a good 3/2 minutes since 1 or 2 people want to crouch walk to gain attention
Exactly, a lot of people here want to pretend that it doesn't bother them, for reasons unbeknownst to me.
But I know the majority of people here have cried about trolls, so I don't understand why they're acting on the forums loooool
(I've seen the crying personally)
I guess in-game is one thing, and forum image is another....
Bit pathetic but you know, whatever