•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Lag, for no apparent reason

So until recently i've had this game playing just fine, aside from the occasional lag spike.
however starting from about a week ago(NOTE: around this time i installed penekepack and peneke animations,possible cause?)
the game Lags a ridiculous amount, and here's the kicker
my ping is usually around 30 - 50, but it ALWAYS lags.
i've: changed graphical settings, verified the cache through steam and the launcher
network settings and bunch of other shit.

i'm at my wit's end, i can't seem to find a cause or a solution.
Any ideas?

Could be the server you're playing on if you're sticking to 1 server? Or maybe it could be a some software you have running in the background. I remember I used to have random lag spikes in every single game I would play and after a week of trying to figure out what was wrong it turned out be because of a software that came with a new gaming mouse I got. Unfortunately that's all I got. Hope you find a solution.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
So until recently i've had this game playing just fine, aside from the occasional lag spike.
however starting from about a week ago(NOTE: around this time i installed penekepack and peneke animations,possible cause?)
the game Lags a ridiculous amount, and here's the kicker
my ping is usually around 30 - 50, but it ALWAYS lags.
i've: changed graphical settings, verified the cache through steam and the launcher
network settings and bunch of other shit.

i'm at my wit's end, i can't seem to find a cause or a solution.
Any ideas?

Penekepack definetly does decrease the fps due all the models not being that optimized, try playing without it. Not sure about the animation pack

Could be the server you're playing on if you're sticking to 1 server? Or maybe it could be a some software you have running in the background. I remember I used to have random lag spikes in every single game I would play and after a week of trying to figure out what was wrong it turned out be because of a software that came with a new gaming mouse I got. Unfortunately that's all I got. Hope you find a solution.
There's only three servers that run at acceptable pings for me, nobody else is complaining of unwarranted lag like this

EDIT: i've also checked it out with the "lag-o-meter" on, and there's no lag being shown on that at the time

try /rate 25000
/cl_maxpackets 100
/snaps 40

if not are you playing on full servers? different maps? you will notice a HUGE difference in FPS in a low populated server compared to a high/full server

use cg_drawfps 1 to see whether its your FPS which is lagging or your network

if its FPS this might help FPS/ping guide

have you changed from jamp to openjk or vice versa?

try /rate 25000
/cl_maxpackets 100
/snaps 40

if not are you playing on full servers? different maps? you will notice a HUGE difference in FPS in a low populated server compared to a high/full server

use cg_drawfps 1 to see whether its your FPS which is lagging or your network

if its FPS this might help FPS/ping guide

have you changed from jamp to openjk or vice versa?

already changed those setting to what you've shown

the lag seems to not be influenced by how many people are on
sometimes a server with 3 people in it, will lag more than one with 20 people

also, i've been using MB2 for my multiplayer for years, exclusively.

and sometimes it doesn't lag at all.

i'll check the fps counter later today

already changed those setting to what you've shown

the lag seems to not be influenced by how many people are on
sometimes a server with 3 people in it, will lag more than one with 20 people

also, i've been using MB2 for my multiplayer for years, exclusively.

and sometimes it doesn't lag at all.

i'll check the fps counter later today
have you tried deleting peneke?

reinstall mbii maybe? idk, sounds like standard jka to me. one day its laggy the next it isn't, it's all part of the parcel