•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Lag bug

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've had this for a while now, so everyone probably knows that lag bug when the lagometer has this green triangle looking spike going all over again and never stopping (the kind you get sometimes when server switches a map and youre forced to /recon since you can't even move in spec). In my case I just randomly get this same kind of lag from time to time and cannot move for the 2-4 seconds and it is really annoying.

I do not think this has anything to do with my Internet, I do not have this problem in any other game. Thats why I am wondering if it could be any kind of value that I have set wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: I caught the bug in video just to clarify things. it happens around 0:05

Last edited:
are you connected via cable? had similar problems in Base JKA with WLAN USB stick settings set to roaming, searching for other APs and causing lag.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
are you connected via cable? had similar problems in Base JKA with WLAN USB stick settings set to roaming, searching for other APs and causing lag.
I am not using a cable atm, but I have suffered this same lag with a cable too in a different apartment. Now I am using WLAN usb stick that connects me to wifi. I've also used my phone's internet that gives me completely stable connection, but sometimes even that gives me this same lag. Now my only hope is once I get a new apartment hopefully soon that their connection wont give me this same problem.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
I too suffer from this and it causes me to have to reconnect to my internet multiple times every hour or so.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So you have this problem on every server, using two independent ISPs. Have you tried to use default jampconfig just to see if the problem persist?
Do you have any firewall software (some limter maybe)

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So you have this problem on every server, using two independent ISPs. Have you tried to use default jampconfig just to see if the problem persist?
Do you have any firewall software (some limter maybe)
Yes I have tried all the BG servers and I even had this lag in some russian server I just played today. Trying a different jampconfig would not be a bad idea I guess. As for firewall I am using AVAST, could try turning that off too, tho Ive had AVAST as long as I can remember.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yeah, disable AVAST, if this software even work then it could drop some packets or block packets received by server.
Coz on the video it looked like dropped packet - you were teleported to position you were before.

This might fucking explain my rubberbands as well, I always thought that it was just lag from the shitty router that I use. I am going to try this next chance I get.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah, disable AVAST, if this software even work then it could drop some packets or block packets received by server.
Coz on the video it looked like dropped packet - you were teleported to position you were before.
Didn't work :(