You ask to remove dodge,but what about disruptor,some deka and SBD nerfs?

Everyone knows that disruptor/deka/sbd are as OP as dodge when it's used by skilled players,but i don't see complaints about it and just everywhere i see complaints about dodge,is it some sort of conspiracy between those who wants just skillstack imps and ez win over the rebs every time they are allowed to do that?

1.Disruptor.
Only imp team has disruptor,it is sniper weapon and it kills every class on full charge(well except 400 hp wook if it's not hs) it also has the instant shot time while any other weapon at mb2 has slower time to hit the target.Also it is pretty much abused on dotf_classicb while snipers can just hide and shoot behind those little pillars almost without getting damage.

2.Deka.
Deka can just cover corridor with fire and if you go out to damage it,deka will hit you and easily regen its shields to proceed supressing fire,especially if deka uses power management.

3.SBD.
The least OP of all i've described above,but still can cover corridor with powerful rapid fire,so the rebel gunners will probably get easily killed when they appear,

To sum up, just imagine what will happen if dodge will get heavily nerfed or removed and Disruptor,Deka,SBD will not get the equal nerf. Imp skill stackers will just scream:EZ REKT!REBS BAD! and similar shit just for the reason,that game will absolutely lose the balance between sides.I hope devs won't let that ever happen at mb2.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
I did play SBD on lunar for a bit yesterday and I can also confirm I wasn't able to shoot through that box, no advanced targeting though so idk about that. The higher part of sbd "head' is still sticking out if I recall correctly, so camping in that spot is pointless now unless you're sold/et.
As for maps I always wondered how would the symetrical design work out for mb2, with let's say obj placed in the center that isn't hackable instantly but rather needs some time so the team that got repelled still has a chance for second attempt. The mb2_rc_hangarC is kinda close to what I have in mind but with spawns reworked so both teams reach the same point simultaneously. The idea of making "full realistic SW maps" needs to go, seriously. Nothing good came out of it so far, it may be cool for FA and "rp" but not for open gameplay.

The idea of making "full realistic SW maps" needs to go, seriously. Nothing good came out of it so far, it may be cool for FA and "rp" but not for open gameplay.

But we're playing MOVIE BATTLES !?

I appreciate every map thats in the game - each map was created by a community member (s) vision, and their uncompensated time and effort.

The great thing about playing this game/mod, is anyone can easily download the sdk and start making maps - So no excuses, lets see your balanced for MB2 map(s)!

Personally im working on a map with an "imperial treasury" theme, where im planning on placing an obj that is somewhat as you described - more centered to the room. The problems apparent to a centered obj are providing ample cover to the attacker and conversely not providing TOO MUCH cover, making it unattackable or indefensible. There are a lot of abilities/weapons, so finding some magical perfect balance is a bit of a challenge.

Deka discharge is absoloutely a jedi counter in deka vs any amount of jedi. I've tried all types of things to 1v1, 1v2, 1vX a deka using discharge but even crouching walking towards the deka while blocking doesnt get a saber within range if the deka can use discharge properly. On top of getting past the close range knockdown/knockback that recharges quickly, jedi also have to get shot at by the deka while approaching trying not to get knocked over. It seems almost impossible to close the distance on a discharge deka if he keeps his eye on you. And yeah it is a team game, but even in a game such as MB2 with instakill mechanics and somewhat hard counters, the discharge is especially annoying when trying to end a dekas life as jedi. The only thing off my dome that would come close to being as annoying as discharge is if mando flamethrower pushed people away as well as doing damage, like as if people were caught in the clouds of flame and carried off by the force of it.

Deka discharge is absoloutely a jedi counter in deka vs any amount of jedi. I've tried all types of things to 1v1, 1v2, 1vX a deka using discharge but even crouching walking towards the deka while blocking doesnt get a saber within range if the deka can use discharge properly. On top of getting past the close range knockdown/knockback that recharges quickly, jedi also have to get shot at by the deka while approaching trying not to get knocked over. It seems almost impossible to close the distance on a discharge deka if he keeps his eye on you. And yeah it is a team game, but even in a game such as MB2 with instakill mechanics and somewhat hard counters, the discharge is especially annoying when trying to end a dekas life as jedi. The only thing off my dome that would come close to being as annoying as discharge is if mando flamethrower pushed people away as well as doing damage, like as if people were caught in the clouds of flame and carried off by the force of it.
Discharge is a hard counter that the deka has to invest in, throwing away the possibility to use quick deploy. It fucks your shield management up quickly if you're spamming it, so here's the hint - bait the deka to waste its discharge while trying to conserve your fp, at the most opportune moment jump and swing and boom. Also deka needs to reposition itself constantly because it cannot really stay under focus for longer than 5-10 seconds.

Now obviously you should never even think about attacking a competent deka and by extension its rear guard alone without support. However deka cannot reliably deal with vs 2 jedi trying to outflank it, even with discharge because as you said it can try to shoot and discharge one at a time. In the end it comes down to your timing and angle of attack and isn't as perplexing as you make it sound.

Your flamethrower analogy doesn't exactly make sense because both are distance control measures but both can be insta kill measures when your opponent makes bad judgement calls. Flamethrower does direct damage but jedi can close distance fast - however discharge doesn't do direct damage but doesn't allow them to close distance immediately.

So yes it is a team game first and foremost when dealing with hard counters, but it is definitely not overpowered vs any amount of jedi, 1v1 sure, 1v2 50/50. When 2-3+ jedi fail to kill a deka, it is not exactly valid critique. You might as well make the same point against sbd and cortosis, bet I could cause you the same problems a discharge deka would.

Discharge is a hard counter that the deka has to invest in, throwing away the possibility to use quick deploy. It fucks your shield management up quickly if you're spamming it, so here's the hint - bait the deka to waste its discharge while trying to conserve your fp, at the most opportune moment jump and swing and boom. Also deka needs to reposition itself constantly because it cannot really stay under focus for longer than 5-10 seconds.

Now obviously you should never even think about attacking a competent deka and by extension its rear guard alone without support. However deka cannot reliably deal with vs 2 jedi trying to outflank it, even with discharge because as you said it can try to shoot and discharge one at a time. In the end it comes down to your timing and angle of attack and isn't as perplexing as you make it sound.

Your flamethrower analogy doesn't exactly make sense because both are distance control measures but both can be insta kill measures when your opponent makes bad judgement calls. Flamethrower does direct damage but jedi can close distance fast - however discharge doesn't do direct damage but doesn't allow them to close distance immediately.

So yes it is a team game first and foremost when dealing with hard counters, but it is definitely not overpowered vs any amount of jedi, 1v1 sure, 1v2 50/50. When 2-3+ jedi fail to kill a deka, it is not exactly valid critique. You might as well make the same point against sbd and cortosis, bet I could cause you the same problems a discharge deka would.

Perhaps I've just had the most traumatic experiences possible with dekas because I can remember over 4 separate instances over the past 2 months in which dekas took discharge and somehow discharged me 6-7 times in a row whilst shooting and advancing towards me. Sure not all dekas invest that heavily in recharge or shield amount or whatever these guys put their points in to make it possible to just discharge every 1.5 seconds while their shield never goes down, but the fact that its possible is very annoying.

Also I think the flame analogy does make sense because if a jedi tanks the flamethrower by jumping or just running into it he can most often times survive assuming everyone has 100% health. But if a jedi tries to rush the deka with discharge by jumping or running it can mean instant death no matter what health you are at because the dekas firepower is just that much greater than mandos. Deka only needs the knockback effect to instantkill reliably and without luckily catching a jedi on low health. So what I mean is that fighting a deka with discharge can feel like fighting a mando with knockaway mechanics.

In my eyes all classes should be able to 1v1 another class reliably if they can outsmart the opponent even if the opponent has counter mechanics on their side. To do this against a deka with full shields and recharge and discharge as a jedi my best idea would be to just bait as many discharges at a safe distance as possible. But obviously in open there's time constraints, the deka will shoot at you, and who's to say that the deka will ever run out of shield to discharge you with? How many discharges does a jedi have to eat to counter the dekas knockback abilities? I know its usually more than 5. While fighting even really bad deka players they have been able to keep me back for over 5 uses of it, is that really fair? After crossing a large distance being shot at by this retarded ball robot do I have to survive 5, 6, 7 knockbacks while walking as well to even close the distance on the deka if it doesnt just roll away? At the end of the day there is always the option of just not engaging dekas in open so its not like dekas are just rolling the entire meta and its not even a big deal but in 1v1 clutch situations it definitely can be tiresome to just get raped with no counter to constant discharges.

also cortosis sbds are ez cuz crouching actually works against them

I don't really think SBD or DEKA need changes.
Clone Rifle 3 and gg.
Disruptor or weapon alike should be on rebs too. Disruptor > Projectile Rifle x100

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Clone Rifle 3 and gg.
Disruptor or weapon alike should be on rebs too. Disruptor > Projectile Rifle x100

Yeh, or make proj great again by un-nerfing its damage and allowing it to shotgun 1 shot jedi/sith.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Yeh, or make proj great again by un-nerfing its damage and allowing it to shotgun 1 shot jedi/sith.
That would necessitate lowering the proj bullet speed (not other guns, just proj) so that it doesn't become a fucking nigh-hitscan 150 dmg per shot murder laser, considering its already dangerous and fast in its current state and classes with proj can still take armor 3 and p3/e11 3 along with proj.

Only issue with deka is abuse of timewaste. They roll around near obj and waste 2 minutes of time, picking off attackers that try to obj instead of playing the "try and shoot it" game. Jedi are just unequipped for catching a troll deka.

The fix would be to give them SBD battery mechanics. They drain battery by rolling, and after, say, 50 seconds of rolling they're forced to walk - like SBD.

It won't change much except it will stop the few people that timewaste an entire team with deka.

Something I’ve wondered occasionally is why do deka’s not take fall damage, It may be inconsequential cheese moments (situational mind you. EX: DS elevator pits) which I’m fine with except it seems they don’t even take like....reduced impact damage, no cost at all which is just strange to me since (quote me if I’m wrong) they take damage even through shield from other blunt trauma.

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Nerfing something what's already been buffed is like pushing puppets on a table back and forth. Which is not an update I think.

Clone Rifle 3 and gg.

I agree with this except what you're saying about Disruptor. It was a forbidden weapon in the lore and mostly the "bad guys" used it. Therefore I wouldn't give it to rebs. I wouldn't really bother its damage either. I mean it's a classic JK weapon. Let's not mess with it too much.
Proj. Rifle should be as deadly as it was though.

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
Proj needed a tweak because mobile and perfect accuracy CSGO awp style stops. Though imps defend mostly, ruptor means you had to stand still and charge up. Since dodge exists (Whether nerf or not nerf it aids in contesting + arcs) It was over tweaked imo.

Nerfing something what's already been buffed is like pushing puppets on a table back and forth. Which is not an update I think.

I agree with this except what you're saying about Disruptor. It was a forbidden weapon in the lore and mostly the "bad guys" used it. Therefore I wouldn't give it to rebs. I wouldn't really bother its damage either. I mean it's a classic JK weapon. Let's not mess with it too much.
Proj. Rifle should be as deadly as it was though.
But we don't speak about the lore,we speak about mb2,there aren't good guys at mb2,only the bad ones.

4-6 AM me is back for another shitty ted talk.

Imo disruptor rifle FROM A SNIPERS PERSPECTIVE while literally atomizing on hit is balanced out by its lack of freedom in comparison to the projectile rifle which seems to allow much easier repositioning and can still deal devastating damage. Projectile rifle weakness seems to lie in the reload time but I’ve seen some guy’s pick off multiple targets with ease and be able to readjust position whenever they want without worry of charge like disruptor and it can be kinda disgusting honestly along with what others here have said about proj like probably more build options due to lower cost.

TLDR: In my biased non sniper using opinion proj >> disr by far even with disruptor being quite good and I feel if anything projectile rifle is the kinda nasty one of the cousins.

Note: Disruptor seems to work super well in situations where the sniper is out of the sound range of their targets or rooted aiming at a chokepoint, and from a versatility perspective it can be used as a rifle aswell aside from its “natural” sniper function though I haven’t seen many utilize this and I think I’m gonna give both guns an extensive run to truly get a feel of how they roll.

Prove me so wrong regardless that you atomize me like a disruptor victim.

Last edited: