•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Widescreen Issues

Mirilan

Donator
Well this recently occurred after my laptop forced me to download Windows 10 and I've been struggling with trying to fix it for a while
Whenever I load up to play my screen ends up being narrow. I can still see everything normally and the game still functions well but it's just a tad bit annoying to have the screen at such a size. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried tweaking around with my resolution and whatnot, and uninstalled and reinstalled jka but still nothing

Mirilan

Donator
I just ran the game again after changing what I had to and the issue still seems to be there. I can click on everything and all the menus are viewable and whatnot, but the game screen still doesn't fit my entire computer screen

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I just ran the game again after changing what I had to and the issue still seems to be there. I can click on everything and all the menus are viewable and whatnot, but the game screen still doesn't fit my entire computer screen
  1. The way how game looks on your PC, is it similar to this: [SOLVED] - Screen resolution issue | Movie Battles II Community ?
  2. On the settings/display of Windows 10, there is a slider for the "Change the size of text, apps and other items". It is set to recommended default of 125%. Have tried setting it to 100%?

Mirilan

Donator

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    913.2 KB · Views: 809

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
That looks like mine when I use a smaller widescreen resolution. Monitor is 1600 but I use 1440 and sometimes less, get the grey bars on the side.
I can use my monitor settings to fix it, but it just stretches out the screen.:(

Mirilan

Donator
That looks like mine when I use a smaller widescreen resolution. Monitor is 1600 but I use 1440 and sometimes less, get the grey bars on the side.
I can use my monitor settings to fix it, but it just stretches out the screen.:(

^ Yes that's exactly the issue with mine, I get the black bars on the side where the rest of the game should stretch out to lol

Did you try the in-game settings in the visual section I think?

That did something for me before but I don't remember. I don't change my config anymore. It's become a sort of religious thing for me. Touch not the sacred settings lest you make it worse.

If it still works, move along:)

Just an excuse not to reformat:(

Mirilan

Donator
So... what resolutions does your monitor support? What resolution is set in MB2 settings, exactly?

When I start to run it a pop-up from windows 10 says that the resolution should be 1368x768, which I've adjusted it to but the game text ends up getting blurry. Currently, I have it at 1024x768 in mb2

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
When I start to run it a pop-up from windows 10 says that the resolution should be 1368x768, which I've adjusted it to but the game text ends up getting blurry. Currently, I have it at 1024x768 in mb2
If you use 1024x768 with widescreen monitor no wonder you have black bars on sides.
Try using jamp instead of MBII Client, switch back to 1368x768, MBII => Setup => Camera Options => Widescreen UI => On.
And try that is described here:
How to Make the Windows Desktop Work Well on High-DPI Displays and Fix Blurry Fonts

Also post a screenshot of that "blurry".

Mirilan

Donator