•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Windows 10 Custom Resolution + Mouse Drift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonichu

Donator
I have played MB2 since B17 with no issues on Windows XP and Windows 7, but I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and MB2 is having problems.

I run my monitor at 1824x1026 (it's a TV, slightly off resolution from 1920x1080). Both on the menu and in games, my mouse is acting like it is at a completely different resolution. I move it and it drifts for a second or two in that direction and I can't stop it. It makes the game unplayable. I have a couple of older games like SWAT 4 and Tie Fighter running in high resolution modes with no issues.

(Steam verion of JKA).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sonichu

Donator
Fixed! Wasn't quite the DPI scaling, but it put me on the right track.

I just launched MB2 and noticed the logo was slightly cropped despite the correct resolution so I started poking around in system settings. On the settings/display of Windows 10, there is a slider for the "Change the size of text, apps and other items". It is set to recommended default of 125%. Setting it to 100% fixed it.
Every since I installed Windows 10 I had noticed Steam, Origin and a few other applications were slightly blurry - I figured they were just poorly optimized for Windows 10. Turns out Windows 10 scales everything up by 25% in compatible apps, but not everything is compatible.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: LoU
Status
Not open for further replies.