•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] custom Resolution settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I've got some issues regarding the custom resolution settings.
If I select 1920x1080, my ingame screen gets shiftet to the upper left corner (but in fullscreen) and I'm not even really able to change it again, cause I cant reach all of the menus (only with arrow keys).

Someone ingame told me to force windows using centered mode, but I cant rlly find the options for it (windows 8, 64 bit)

So I'd aprreciate any help, to make this old jewel look a little bit better ;)

do you want to change resolution to a smaller one, then reach settings and set up your own resolution?

you could open a console (SHIFT + `), type
Code:
r_mode 4
for 800x600, then
Code:
vid_restart
then open ingame video settings, change resolution to custom, set up width and height and press "Apply"

Well my laptop resolution is 1920x1080, that why I wanted to set MBII to that resolution. So my System resolution is 1920x1080. If I do 1920x1080 custom resolution for MBII It seems like my screen is too small for it - like shifted to the left upper screen corner, and I'm only able to see like the first 3 or 4 menu buttons- so its like a side effect of the "shifting" that i can't access all menus via mouse control (luckyly you can still select menus using arrow keys ;) ) so the problem is, that MB2's 1920x1080 resolution seems to be different to my screen 1920x1080 resolution or it's atleast interpretet differently. Resolutions like 800x600 work well, though its ugly as fuq ;)

oh wait, the second screenshot (windowed one) has some weird resolution (1617x1048)
did you crop the screenshot, or is it your real native resolution? please check it again

the windowed resolution in the screenshot was the last one, which works on fullscreen, so no I didnt try with 1920x1080 yet, cause why should it work, if the smaller resolution (which works on fullscreen) does not even work? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.