Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
tR members, their players and the mb2 community at large have a right to be outraged.

Yes they can be outraged.

This has set a very disturbing precedent. In the absense of an impartial investigation, or a the very least some shroud of viable evidence -- devs can banish a thriving community from the master server based on uncorroborated stories.

Didn't I tell you to stop making assumptions? How do you know it was a biased investigation? I dislike AOD pretty heavily because of DOTF 24/7 cancer, yet have never played on the tR server as I don't regularly play MB2 anymore. Yet I could have been the one to ban the server (I wasn't for clarity) and you wouldn't know and you're just accusing people.

The punishment does not match the crime.

Again, didn't I tell you to stop making assumptions?

tempest a member of Aod a clan competing for population uses personal motivations to deny service to dozens of community members out of a personal grudge

Tempest was not the one that removed the server from the server list. His clan affiliation is irrelevant. And you should know that some developers, retired developers, including myself, are not the biggest fans of AOD either.

So if I go onto a server with a VPN, doxxing ppl while pretending to be someone from say BG, then BG is taken off the server list? This is not the right way to handle this kind of thing, come on.

This is the precedent that has been set.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is the precedent that has been set.

Now, this is personal opinion here and I am assuming you're going to disagree with it. But in the case of doxxing, where people have been harassed, assaulted, robbed, swatted, killed, etc based off of that information. I would rather take the flak for getting something wrong and have to revert the decision/apologize, than have someones lives damaged by such a thing should I have chosen not to act by banning people/servers responsible.

And so the deathnell of a decade long project heralded by massive egos and .ini editors executing the legacy of hard work left by dozens because a handful of players don't act how the current decadent project leaders want. I doubt they will ever release open source making excuses because they know it might succeed their own failed visions.

Private forums, unilateral decisions, closed code, admin and software development abuse at the highest level. A sad legacy for a once proud and thriving community brought low by broken egos and fragile feelings.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
And so the deathnell of a decade long project heralded by massive egos and .ini editors executing the legacy of hard work left by dozens because a handful of players don't act how the current decadent project leaders want. I doubt they will ever release open source making excuses because they know it might succeed their own failed visions.

Private forums, unilateral decisions, closed code, admin and software development abuse at the highest level. A sad legacy for a once proud and thriving community brought low by broken egos and fragile feelings.

Dude... grow the fuck up. I can't believe you're saying the dev team is the one with fragile feelings at this point. Jesus look in the mirror.

k4far

Banned
Donator
A sad legacy.

d8h34xt.jpg

You guys are amazing, I remember just reading if it was a person from tR do not pin it down on a whole tR.

If your tR was taken down by single Dev, do not pin it down on all of the Devs, ty.

chicknman

Banned
Just going to add this short bit for now:

1) This has nothing to do with inter-clan drama/disputes/whatever.
2) This wasn't based on word of mouth/lack of evidence
3) I find it funny/very ironic when someone mentions difficulty with dealing with people using/abusing VPNs for ban evasion when they regularly do it themselves.
4) Why does protecting the community need to be explicitly stated in a ToS? Seems like protecting the community would fall under common sense, especially when dealing with people who are historically known as basically some of the most toxic members of the (NA) community (this doesn't apply to all of tR but most should/will know who I'm referring to at this point in the mod's lifetime).

Also find it a bit sad/ironic that this wouldn't have ever come up as a thing if there was an actual system in place to keep those who have been banned/removed from the game out of it.

1) It's funny how this comes up several days after the scrim between tR and CB was canceled due to their members joining our clan. Their fragile egos were damaged when they couldn't handle the shit talk that obviously would proceed after when they backed out of a match just a day before it was scheduled.

2) So present your evidence? At this point, you have no basis for removing our server off the master list. Until you post evidence of rule breaking, you have no leg to stand on.

3) No one is complaining about Bob Billy's/Omlette's ability to use a VPN.

4) How are you protecting the community again? People that played on tR made a choice to play on that server. No one was holding a gun to their head. If that's how the players felt about tR, we wouldn't be one of the most populated servers in MB2. What I would be more concerned about is people who pretend to be another sexual orientation and convince the community of them being something they are not. I could get my friend Cazimir on here to explain this in better detail.

This is all personal bias derived from Tempest and his inability to ban the people that catch him in his bullshit, so he attempts to remove their server which so happens to be one of the most populated servers in MB2. The only person damaging this community is you.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
One mans common sense is another's immoral garbage you should understand that well no? What gives you the right to manipulate the community a project coded by hundreds and played by thousands on personal whims. A common code and standard must be established or none at all. This post confirms in complete stone that this was motivated by clan politics, tempest a member of Aod a clan competing for population uses personal motivations to deny service to dozens of community members out of a personal grudge.

I should expect such hilarious behavior from mb2.
1) I don't really see how what I said "confirms in complete stone that this was motivated by clan politics" but okay!
2) I'm manipulating the community..? My personal whims haven't determined what I've done with the code, let alone my involvement in this.
3) My standing in AOD doesn't have any baring on this or anything that's involved in my dev activities. I doubt trying to explain how there's no correlation between the two would actually make any difference. TBH, I'd probably end up playing more (in general) on tR'a death star than pandemonium if I enjoyed the environment more (think I've played there at least two or three times and I left shortly after).
4) I personally don't have any issue with how tR administration (or anyone really since that's kind of the point of setting up your own server) manages their server(s) or the rules (or lack thereof) that are in place. I might not agree with some part of the rules or whatever but it's not my server so I don't see any reason or logic in making a fuss over them.

Last edited:
Also find it a bit sad/ironic that this wouldn't have ever come up as a thing if there was an actual system in place to keep those who have been banned/removed from the game out of it.

Uh no. You don't remove several servers owned and paid for by various members of a clan due to one person you don't like. No. That's not how that works at all.

- - - Updated - - -

4) I personally don't have any issue with how tR administration (or anyone really since that's kind of the point of setting up your own server) manages their server(s) or the rules (or lack thereof) that are in place. I might not agree with some part of the rules or whatever but it's not my server so I don't see any reason or logic in making a fuss over them.
Then why were our servers removed? Paradine doesn't own them. I do. They're in my name and the members of our community pitch in when I need help with them. What's wrong with you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Such hypocrisy from devs should be rewarded with an achievement

Now, this is personal opinion here and I am assuming you're going to disagree with it. But in the case of doxxing, where people have been harassed, assaulted, robbed, swatted, killed, etc based off of that information. I would rather take the flak for getting something wrong and have to revert the decision/apologize, than have someones lives damaged by such a thing should I have chosen not to act by banning people/servers responsible.

To what extent were people doxxed? Isnt that important information? I fear as though youre drawing the doxxing umbrella with too wide of a brim. As i understand it, a non-tR member, but frequenter of the tR teamspeak, said someone's real life name in game, and that they obtained this information through their own public steam profile(s).

I dont believe the 'doxxing' went any further than this. Further information like their birth place, place of residence or social security number were not discussed.

Why on earth would all of tR be guilty by association with this lone wolf, who I'm sure will be, if not already, ban on sight on their servers. It has been stated publicly that tR doesnt condone this behavior on the CB forums.

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times if I have to: the punishment does not fit the crime.

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
1) It's funny how this comes up several days after the scrim between tR and CB was canceled due to their members joining our clan. Their fragile egos were damaged when they couldn't handle the shit talk that obviously would proceed after when they backed out of a match just a day before it was scheduled.

2) So present your evidence? At this point, you have no basis for removing our server off the master list. Until you post evidence of rule breaking, you have no leg to stand on.

3) No one is complaining about Bob Billy's/Omlette's ability to use a VPN.

4) How are you protecting the community again? People that played on tR made a choice to play on that server. No one was holding a gun to their head. If that's how the players felt about tR, we wouldn't be one of the most populated servers in MB2. What I would be more concerned about is people who pretend to be another sexual orientation and convince the community of them being something they are not. I could get my friend Cazimir on here to explain this in better detail.

This is all personal bias derived from Tempest and his inability to ban the people that catch him in his bullshit, so he attempts to remove their server which so happens to be one of the most populated servers in MB2. The only person damaging this community is you.
1) Unless the scrim you're referring to is the one that was announced in a thread on the forums at some point, then I'm not aware of what scrim you're talking about. I'm not even aware of the results nor details of said scrim(s).
2) There's additional evidence being looked at currently. Again, this wasn't based on a lack of evidence/word of mouth/speculation/etc.
3) Maybe not straight up complaining but mentioning the difficulty still applies to what I said.
4) I didn't pull the trigger on the servers being removed from the list. I also didn't go "tR's servers should be removed from the server listing!" or anything along those lines. Additionally, nothing that's been discussed regarding it has been based on personal opinions of tR.

the punishment does not fit the crime.

or lack thereof -- there was no crime.

- - - Updated - - -

2) There's additional evidence being looked at currently. Again, this wasn't based on a lack of evidence/word of mouth/speculation/etc.

If it isn't, then show us the evidence. You can't keep saying evidence exists and not show it to us.

You removed my servers from a list without any notification or concrete reasoning, but instead, a personal grudge against a member of our clan. Circumstances change when money becomes involved, and at this point, you're wasting my money. There is a duty on your part, and you are breaching that duty. The cause of this breach is on your part, and as a result, are causing me damages. If this behavior continues, I think you see where this is going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
If it isn't, then show us the evidence. You can't keep saying evidence exists and not show it to us.

You removed my servers from a list without any notification or concrete reasoning, but instead, a personal grudge against a member of our clan. Circumstances change when money becomes involved, and at this point, you're wasting it. There is a duty on your part, and you are breaching that duty without due causation, and as a result, are causing me damages. If this behavior continues, I think you see where this is going.
Not going to waste anyone's time by going in circles about the evidence/personal opinion thing. Again, I did not do the removal of the servers from the listings.

Secondly, believe it or not, I don't actually have any grudges against any members of tR! Not liking someone or anything along those lines =/= holding a grudge (at least that's what I'm going to assume is the basis for why you said that).

Not going to waste anyone's time by going in circles about the evidence/personal opinion thing. Again, I did not do the removal of the servers from the listings.

Secondly, believe it or not, I don't actually have any grudges against any members of tR! Not liking someone or anything along those lines =/= holding a grudge (at least that's what I'm going to assume is the basis for why you said that).

You keep talking but you aren't saying anything.

Why were my servers removed from the list?

k4far

Banned
Donator
You keep talking but you aren't saying anything.

When you are working in a group you have to agree with everyone on one singular response. It should cover opinion of the majority. Tempest has said what he could prior to their statement. Just wait. He was kind enough to clear up what you have said.

You have the right to be outraged, enjoy.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't really know much about the situation, but in my view this looks terrible. Removing servers off of the server list with little (or no) explanation sets a bad precedent. I hope there is a good reason behind it, not just hearsay or rumors like some in this thread have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.