Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4far

Banned
Donator
What you're describing is indeed unusual. But I don't understand how you're connecting the dots in order to create the mental imagining that because tR's server was attacked by a troll, then tR must be both the victim AND the perpetrator? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -- not blind speculation.

ALSO: how does this relate to the primary topic of this thread?

The removal of tR's server should be overturned immediately, at least until adequate evidence of the malicious intent of the clan's leadership is shown in a public forum. If it was a lone wolf, then punishment should take place within the clan and not artibrarily enforced and unilaterally decided upon by Social Justice developers.

If he is indeed an administrator on your server, that would mean the settings were modified, the notitications at least to the point where he can use admin commands without leaving a trace to other players. Perhaps analyzing the logs could explain a bit, that is if they were not changed. If he is not an administrator on your server then we might have a bigger problem.

I am very curious what will come out of this.

If he is indeed an administrator on your server, that would mean the settings were modified, the notitications at least to the point where he can use admin commands without leaving a trace to other players. Perhaps analyzing the logs could explain a bit, that is if they were not changed. If he is not an administrator on your server then we might have a bigger problem. I am very curious what will come out of this.

Again, if the server settings are modified, they are at the discretion of the owner to modify. That said, to my knowledge, we don't run any non-default server modifications, and the extent of our server settings are limited to the server.cfg file. Again, how we run our server is none of your business, the dev's business, or the communities. Your point is moot, as it is not what is being discussed.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
What you're describing is indeed unusual. But I don't understand how you're connecting the dots in order to create the mental imagining that because tR's server was attacked by a troll, then tR must be both the victim AND the perpetrator? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -- not blind speculation.

ALSO: how does this relate to the primary topic of this thread?

The removal of tR's server should be overturned immediately, at least until adequate evidence of the malicious intent of the clan's leadership is shown in a public forum. If it was a lone wolf, then punishment should take place within the clan and not be artibrarily enforced and unilaterally decided upon by Social Justice developer(s).

AH my friend! (or should I say comrade?)
quote-forgotten-were-the-elementary-rules-of-logic-that-extraordinary-claims-require-extraordinary-christopher-hitchens-237619.jpg

k4far

Banned
Donator
Again, if the server settings are modified, they are at the discretion of the owner.

As long as they are fair that is.
View attachment 1776

I have no evidence I have over 300 demos I am saving randomly, they are all probably named the same that is the problem. If you are willing to contribute time review I can pack it all and send it to you. Why would some random people go on posting here about your private server if everything was alright with it? I did not bring this up, your players did. You choose not to listen to them it appears, because I am the one telling what might be wrong based on my own experiences and theirs... and you know what , we are saying pretty much the same. Coincidence?

As long as they are fair that is.
I have no evidence I have over 300 demos I am saving randomly, they are all probably named the same.
If you are willing to review I can pack it all and send it to you. Why would some random people go on posting here about your private server if everything was alright with it? I did not bring this up, your players did. You choose not to listen to them it appears, because I am the one telling what might be wrong based on my own experiences and theirs... and you know what , we are saying pretty much the same. Coincidence?
What are you even talking about?

Well in summary.

CB with names on steam profile " mommy devs bad man say bad thing knoew nameeeer"

Devs " that bad man also call me name once.. I use dev powers to destroy them hehe"

Servers used by 40% of na community shutdown. Until evidence is posted otherwise this was the sequence of events. And the devs should be ashamed of their behavior that would get them canned from any modern software team.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
And the devs should be ashamed of their behavior that would get them canned from any modern software team.

Lol no. Stop being sensationalist.

Games ban servers from their server lists all the time for various reasons without giving reasons to the community.

Lol no. Stop being sensationalist.

Games ban servers from their server lists all the time for various reasons without giving reasons to the community.
Bad games run by megalomaniacs. Once again devs have denied service to a server used by 40 to 60 players weekly without notice or reason and provided no evidence or rationale for their action in 24 hrs.

There is nothing sensational about it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You're being completely emotional and irrational. Take a step back, eat some pizza, and come back to the thread in a little bit. If you aren't going to be reasonable, no one is going to want to talk to you anymore. I certainly don't. (I swear to god if you throw the "MB team isn't being reasonable" argument back at me when I am not even speaking for the team.......)

Blizzard has banned people and servers, Valve has banned people and servers, EA has banned people and servers. Those games have millions of people playing in the course of their life time. Some even hundreds of millions and most of them considered to be at the very least good games. Some of those games even have development teams highly praised around the world. So no they're not all bad games run by megalomaniacs.

--and they've banned those people individually. Not groups of them by association. And that's through a stringent, black and white process. Get a grip, guy.

All these companies have clear and extensive TOS that are enforced. That argument isn't even relevant. Valve doesn't ban trolls in csgo, they don't remove private servers and they provide extensive rationales and notices when this happens. Don't compare the schoolyard politics of mb2 to this, don't flatter yourself.

You must justify the silly action or suffer a very justified PR fallout.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
You guys are shutting down one of the funniest server , how pathetic

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
All these companies have clear and extensive TOS that are enforced. That argument isn't even relevant. Valve doesn't ban trolls in csgo, they don't remove private servers and they provide extensive rationales and notices when this happens. Don't compare the schoolyard politics of mb2 to this, don't flatter yourself.

You must justify the silly action or suffer a very justified PR fallout.

Navi Gaming said:
After controversy sparked earlier this week when Valve decided to ban hundreds of servers without warning and without any known reason, a lot of the community speculated that the servers were banned because they allowed players to use skins without owning them. And now Valve has confirmed that this is in fact the reason the servers were banned and they updated their Server Guidelines.

Say again? Note the WITHOUT WARNING OR WITHOUT REASON. They only informed of reason afterwards. And ToS was updated after it had happened.

Continue being stupid pls.

"MaceMadunusus, post: 42404, member: 45"]Say again? Note the WITHOUT WARNING OR WITHOUT REASON. They only informed of reason afterwards."

Something mb2 devs have yet to do. And once again those servers were using malicious exploitave code something tR never did. Stop defending petty tyrants because you are embroiled in the forum group think. You must individually justify the action in this case by the dev team, nothing else. You have yet to provide any argument or evidence of why this action should have happened

M

Mooch

You keep evading the same question... What did tR do to deserve getting their servers off the list? They clearly didn't break any of the rules that were stated and the people who claimed that they got doxxed never gave any concrete evidence to support their claim. You know what I think about a claim that has absolutely no evidence??? A statement, because it provides no weight or value unless it has some evidence backing it up.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Just going to add this short bit for now:

1) This has nothing to do with inter-clan drama/disputes/whatever.
2) This wasn't based on word of mouth/lack of evidence
3) I find it funny/very ironic when someone mentions difficulty with dealing with people using/abusing VPNs for ban evasion when they regularly do it themselves.
4) Why does protecting the community need to be explicitly stated in a ToS? Seems like protecting the community would fall under common sense, especially when dealing with people who are historically known as basically some of the most toxic members of the (NA) community (this doesn't apply to all of tR but most should/will know who I'm referring to at this point in the mod's lifetime).

Also find it a bit sad/ironic that this wouldn't have ever come up as a thing if there was an actual system in place to keep those who have been banned/removed from the game out of it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You have yet to provide any argument or evidence of why this action should have happened

Valve provided notice of the reasoning DAYS afterwards, if you would once again learn to read and stop being stupid.

The MB2 team doesn't have to instantly release a statement. It isn't a requirement by law just because PIZZATHESLUT deems it necessary.

You keep evading the same question..

I have already said I am not speaking for the team and spag already made a statement on that. So no I am not evading the question I am not answering it because I am not a part of the current team. Stop being stupid.

You're being completely emotional and irrational. Take a step back, eat some pizza, and come back to the thread in a little bit. If you aren't going to be reasonable, no one is going to want to talk to you anymore. I certainly don't. (I swear to god if you throw the "MB team isn't being reasonable" argument back at me when I am not even speaking for the team.......)

Blizzard has banned people and servers, Valve has banned people and servers, EA has banned people and servers. Those games have millions of people playing in the course of their life time. Some even hundreds of millions and most of them considered to be at the very least good games. Some of those games even have development teams highly praised around the world. So no they're not all bad games run by megalomaniacs.

tR members, their players and the mb2 community at large have a right to be outraged. This has set a very disturbing precedent. In the absense of an impartial investigation, or a the very least some shroud of viable evidence -- devs can banish a thriving community from the master server based on uncorroborated stories from what should be assumed to be unreliable sources (sources without names or evidence.)

I expected dev apologists, but to say they do not owe anyone an explanation is beyond ridiculous.

The punishment does not match the crime. If anything, this should be handled internally within tR and not under the authoritarian arbitration of Tempest or any other developer.

At best, the devs are banning all of tR for loose association with someone who occasionally trolls their servers.

It is absurd.

Just going to add this short bit for now:

1) This has nothing to do with inter-clan drama/disputes/whatever.
2) This wasn't based on word of mouth/lack of evidence
3) I find it funny/very ironic when someone mentions difficulty with dealing with people using/abusing VPNs for ban evasion when they regularly do it themselves.
4) Why does protecting the community need to be explicitly stated in a ToS? Seems like protecting the community would fall under common sense.

Also find it a bit sad/ironic that this wouldn't have ever come up as a thing if there was an actual system in place to keep those who have been banned/removed from the game out of it.

One mans common sense is another's immoral garbage you should understand that well no? What gives you the right to manipulate the community a project coded by hundreds and played by thousands on personal whims. A common code and standard must be established or none at all. This post confirms in complete stone that this was motivated by clan politics, tempest a member of Aod a clan competing for population uses personal motivations to deny service to dozens of community members out of a personal grudge.

I should expect such hilarious behavior from mb2.

Status
Not open for further replies.