Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in a position to fully address this topic until later, but I can say this action was taken with the intent of protecting the community. More information to come.

Oh so you can post facto fake some evidence to justify violating some rule. If this wasn't petty politics you would easily be able to present our blatant wrong doing and that would be it. The only protection the community needs is protection from your ilk who harass popular servers over personal grudges. We need open source more now then ever lest this game risk dying in the mental hugbox of some ivory tower forum cabal.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Oh so you can post facto fake some evidence to justify violating some rule. If this wasn't petty politics you would easily be able to present our blatant wrong doing and that would be it. The only protection the community needs is protection from your ilk who harass popular servers over personal grudges. We need open source more now then ever lest this game risk dying in the mental hugbox of some ivory tower forum cabal.

Man, you've been around long enough, played with Spaghetti long enough, that you know he doesn't deserve that. Jesus. You're making assumptions just as much as you think he or the team is.

I am not in a position to fully address this topic until later, but I can say this action was taken with the intent of protecting the community. More information to come.

The burden is on you to prove to us where we have violated the following:
  • Mimicking the name of official or other well known servers.
  • Using a server name that contains threats, strong profanity, racism, or any other offensive content.
  • Any relation to disrupting the availability of other servers, such as network attacks or other criminal acts by the server or server owner.
  • Using exploits or any type of malicious server configuration that disrupts connected clients.
I do not see "protecting the community" on its own as a criteria for removing a server. What exactly are you protecting the community from?

This is wrong, plain and simple. Just fess up to it.

Last edited:
Man, you've been around long enough, played with Spaghetti long enough, that you know he doesn't deserve that. Jesus. You're making assumptions just as much as you think he or the team is.
That's why I feel so hurt, why would this guy I've played the game with for years sink so low to support blacklisting servers over e-drama. I said this would happen 2 years ago after The Divine masterlist drama and now here we are. I expected the usual little Caesers to chime in , spaghetti posting a vague lawyer speak post defending it just makes me feel sad.

You're right, perhaps spaghetti didn't deserve that, but I think it's obvious to anyone from the outside looking in that tR's servers were taken down unjustfully.

Instead of looking at what has been said, try looking at what has been done.

Actions speak louder than words, and the tR members are, quite reasonably, pissed off at all parties responsible for this heavy handed punishment -- a punishment which mind you, is disproportionate and much harsher than what I'm assuming to be at this point: substanceless allegations; the trivial accumulations of butt hurts and baby tears.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
Code:
Using exploits or any type of malicious server configuration that disrupts connected clients.

If players can not see in the console as they are being TK'ed, can not punish... does it qualify as malicious server configuration?
I think so. (Omelette is guilty of this, he should be the one explaining to you people of tR.)

Code:
Using exploits or any type of malicious server configuration that disrupts connected clients.

If players can not see in the console as they are being TK'ed, can not punish... does it qualify as malicious server configuration?
I think so. (Omelette is guilty of this, he should be the one explaining to you people of tR.)
No, it does not qualify, because it is an unreasonable stretch.
That said, what are you referring to? Our servers aren't modded.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
That's why I feel so hurt, why would this guy I've played the game with for years sink so low to support blacklisting servers over e-drama.

Once again, you're making assumptions that it was over e-drama. You're also making the assumption that the CB event is the only cause when it might not be.

I do not see "protecting the community" as a criteria for removing a server.

This is wrong. Just fess up to it.

Retired person here so speaking hypothetically, if something such as doxxing actually occurred it would fall under the "other criminal acts by the server or server owner." because doxxing has become a crime in many US states in recent years and several other countries around the world particularly due to people using that information for swatting, harassment. People have been killed or shot during these instances. There is also a bill in US congress as of today to make it a federal crime.

pissed off at all parties responsible for this heavy handed punishment -- a punishment which mind you, is harsher than what I'm assuming to be at this point substanceless allegations; the trivial accumulations of butt hurts and baby tears.

An assumption that everything in this thread is the full truth, or the only event that happened. You're only taking one potential side of the issue and calling it fact.

Speaking from someone not directly involved once again. If doxxing actually occurred in any form. That means that Pizza's statement is either inaccurate, or there are more/other instances of doxxing actually occurring. I literally don't give a crap about who you are, you committed a crime that could directly impact someones life in a negative form. I wouldn't want anyone a part of this game knowing they did something like that. Again, if it occurred.

No, it does not qualify, as it is an unreasonable stretch. That said, what are you even referring to?

Jesus, you're admitting you don't know what he is talking about but then instantly jump to it doesn't qualify and is unreasonable?

Manipulating the game so people cant punish does fall under exploits/malicious server config provided it was done to the server itself, or omelette owns said server (i don't know who owns each server)

k4far

Banned
Donator
No, it does not qualify, because it is an unreasonable stretch.
That said, what are you referring to? Our servers aren't modded.

I am referring to the person going by name omlette du fromage and his other aliases, usually in red. That guy was almost everyday freely TK'ing teammates with no panality for doing that, switching maps whenever he felt like it (sounds like an admin auth to me.) The strange thing was I could not see any console messages prior to his actions.

How did he accomplish that...?

chicknman

Banned

Protecting the community from what exactly? What kind of harm can be done to people playing on our servers? Are you accusing tR of doxxing players/servers? If so, where is the evidence? This rumor has been spread by butthurt kids that have skin as thin as paper. They use tR as a scapegoat for all of their tribulations, when in reality, we haven't broken a single fucking rule. This is merely a campaign to bring down a rival clan who has had one of the highest populated server as of recently. Without a doubt, CB and AOD have had a significant influence on this decision and they are the main reason these false accusations even exist. AOD was threatened by a server surpassing them so, of course, their immediate response was to illegitimize our influx of population by creating these bullshit lies. IP harvesting? Who comes up with this shit? tR was a haven for those banned on AOD and CB (which is a lot btw) that wanted to play the game on more loose terms. These allegations against our clan are nothing more than an attempt to divert population to said rival clans. What amazes me is that action was taken via word of mouth over concrete evidence (which they will never be able to provide because all of these claims are lies). I really admire the devs commitment to kill this game as quick as possible.

I am referring to the person going by name omlette du fromage and his other aliases, usually in red. That guy was almost everyday freely TK'ing teammates with no panality for doing that, switching maps whenever he felt like it (sounds like an admin auth to me.) The strange thing was I could not see any console messages prior to his actions.

I thought tR was a NA clan, not an EU clan. Why would they troll on EU servers when they're just a bunch of tryhards - they mostly play on their own servers. What cognitive leap did you have to make in order to connect this guy to tR? I'm assuming the EU servers had trolls long before tR came along. They're in all likelihood unrelated events.

chicknman

Banned

It's called a VPN bud.. we had no way of banning him permanently so we tried to forceteam him when we were on.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I thought tR was a NA clan, not an EU clan. Why would they troll on EU servers and what cognitive leap did you have to make in order to connect this guy to tR. They're in all likelihood unrelated events.

Do not act surprised. If I am saying I have seen him many times on your deathstar doing that. I did.
Just 2 days ago we had another complain for that specific guy. Explain this properly and stop treating people like idiots.
He is definitely a frequent player of your servers, you must be familiar with it.

Retired person here so speaking hypothetically, if something such as doxxing actually occurred it would fall under the "other criminal acts by the server or server owner." because doxxing has become a crime in many US states in recent years and several other countries around the world particularly due to people using that information for swatting, harassment. People have been killed or shot during these instances. There is also a bill in US congress as of today to make it a federal crime.

Right, but no one in the administration of our clan has doxxed anyone, and there is no evidence (because it didn't happen) showing it to be true. It's not something we endorse by any means. Word of mouth accusation, e.g. "I think tR doxxed so and so" is just that -- an accusation, and in absolutely no circumstance should an action such as the one taken against our clan ever be taken on the basis of accusation.

But let me explain something, being a person employed in law. Just because it is a crime in one state does not make it a crime in any others. A bill that has not been passed, and that has not been codified or entered as what we call "slip law", is not enforceable law. That said, due to the nature of the internet, the enforcement of many of those state laws are questionable. Lastly, to state the obvious, being charged or accused of a crime is not guilt. Until proven beyond a reasonable doubt of being guilty in a criminal court, innocence is assumed.

Jesus, you're admitting you don't know what he is talking about but then instantly jump to it doesn't qualify and is unreasonable?

Manipulating the game so people cant punish does fall under exploits/malicious server config provided it was done to the server itself, or omelette owns said server (i don't know who owns each server)

Well yes, because it is a stretch. Again, we don't mod our servers. Even if we did, they're our servers, and if we wish to disable TK points and punishing, that is our prerogative. As for the particular instance being discussed, I don't know anything about it, but if what ever occurred did in fact occur, I'm sure that it's a gross exaggeration of facts.

Also, who we choose to give admin to is our prerogative, even if they're abusing their power. Who we choose to reset TK points for, regardless of their conduct on our server, is our prerogative, and is none of the business of the devs or the rest of the community. Again, feelings are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Do not act surprised. If I am saying I have seen him many times on your deathstar doing that. I did.
Just 2 days ago we had another complain for that specific guy. Explain this properly and stop treating people like idiots.
He is definitely a frequent player of your servers, you must be familiar with it.

VPNs prevent people from being perma banned. It can give the appearance of allowing someone to tk with impunity while not actually being the case. That being said, i used to frequent the tR servers and havent seen the guy. He might have been using a different alias though.

If youre asking me to prove a negative; to prove that this omelette guy *isnt* a tR member, then I cant.

Regardless, I fail to see how this relates to this disproportionate punishment applied by the devs to one of the most populated servers of mb2. If they dont want to ban someone (and tking is against the rules, even in tR,) then it's their prerogative. Somehow, in spite of your accusation - that the admins are corrupt - people still populated the server.... strange. Why was that?

k4far

Banned
Donator
It's called a VPN bud.. we had no way of banning him permanently so we tried to forceteam him when we were on.

I am familiar with VPNs. It does not explain his "abilities". He did not reconnect even once (if you want to change the ip to get rid of tk points you should do a reconnect after picking a new one). There were no messages in the console, victims could not punish him as he was present (the f1, f2, f3 menu would not appear for them.) It is just unusual.

The admins are corrupt - people still populated the server.... strange. Why was that?

We are a troll community.

I am familiar with VPNs. It does not explain his "abilities". He did not reconnect even once (if you want to change the ip to get rid of tk points you should do a reconnect after picking a new one). There were no messages in the console, victims could not punish him as he was present (the f1, f2, f3 menu would not appear for them.) It is just unusual.

What you're describing is indeed unusual. But I don't understand how you're connecting the dots in order to create the mental imagining that because tR's server was attacked by a troll, then tR must be both the victim AND the perpetrator? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -- not blind speculation.

ALSO: how does this relate to the primary topic of this thread?

The removal of tR's server should be overturned immediately, at least until adequate evidence of the malicious intent of the clan's leadership is shown in a public forum. If it was a lone wolf, then punishment should take place within the clan and not be artibrarily enforced and unilaterally decided upon by Social Justice developer(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.