Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All's well that ends well.

On a side note i do not think there is any case law in the United States indicating "doxxing" is illegal if the information was gathered from public sources, no harassment of phone number or in person occurred or there was no valuable identifying information such as Social Security was disclosed. I don't believe linking someones name to a online pseudonym if their real name is freely published on the internet (something encouraged to never do for decades lmao how quickly we forget) is doxing. Link some statues or cases that would apply instead, because one can also just vaguely say something is illegal, if you want your argument to be airtight and beyond reproach.

Besides that sorry, if I stepped on some feelings but it was clear to me from the start no illegal activity occurred, so i defended the side on the right of the issue, if it had been clear a member had truly harassed and committed identity theft, i would have been adamantly apologizing and defending the devs decision.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
A note: just because an activity is technically legal does not mean it is behavior we want to encourage or allow in the community. Building an aimbot may be legal, but such things are obviously discouraged.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
A note: just because an activity is technically legal does not mean it is behavior we want to encourage or allow in the community. Building an aimbot may be legal, but such things are obviously discouraged.

Acknowledgement.

Going 200 mph on dark country roads alone, in the middle of the night, is not the same as going 200 mph in a school zone. Both may be illegal, but they are not the same. To me the law means nothing and it cannot be blindly relied upon to provide us with moral guidance.

Viserys

ex team lead
Before I saw this thread, for the last however many years you've been around, I always had a certain respect for you. Flaming begets flaming, and as someone who has also been around in this community for so long, you should realize that. Am I an asshole? Yes, I am, and I always have been, and I always will be. But none of my points were invalid. Nothing about my post was wrong other than the fact that I insulted some child who is talking about things that, in all fairness, he doesn't know the first thing about.

After reading your countless attempts at 'damage control' in this thread, I have absolutely no respect for you. This is a VERY SIMPLE ISSUE, and if you knew me, you would know I represent ABSOLUTELY NOT A SINGLE FUCKING PERSON in this mod. The MB2 dev team killed one of the most active server communities. When said community is outraged, they say 'LOL WE HAVE EVIDENCE' but proceed to do nothing but FLAME THE COMMUNITY INSTEAD OF PROVIDING THE EVIDENCE.

I'm so fucking disappointed in you and how the team has handled this. inb4 "lol no1 care if u dispapoint u retard old nobody hehehe"

Mace is retired and his posts are his own opinions. The current team's formal response was given by Spaghetti in the previous page.

(MSDWP) Q-11

Account Suspended
I believe that I too can write my opinion here, because I was exactly in the same situation.

Three months ago I decided to organize my own Project in MB2. I purchased the server in Bulgaria, has prepared .cfg file, found the website on which I received the separate section, developed the strategy of control of the server and possibilities for advancement. However, after a couple of days after opening, the MB2 management removed the server from the server list without warning or explanation. I had to personally contact the leader of the community (@Viserys) to solve this problem. The reason was an incorrect use of the plugin on our part.

After that, the server was restored to the list and stayed there for about a week, then was again removed but this time due to the error of the owner of the master server.

At that time I was strongly busy and found out that the server is again removed from the list only after 13 days since it happened. All this time the server was idle for nothing.

Fortunately I paid for the server only for a month and did not manage to form administrators team yet. On the expiration of month I closed down the project as I believed that similar cases will repeat in the future. If such topics as this appear, then my assumptions were correct.

The problem is that owners of the most popular servers are the Community leaders or their friends. And I completely understand their logic - If you have the power and opportunity to remove your competitors, then to do it immediately is the only correct decision. I would do the same. If someone tells that he would not act this way, then he is a fool.

Since I do not have any power in this Community, nor do I have good friends among the MB2 leadership, owning my own server is unprofitable for me. Because you can not compete with someone who can get rid of you at any time.

Proceeding from it, and also after acquaintance with the problem described in this thread, it is possible to draw a conclusion that at the moment, the situation which prevailing in Community is unstable, and conditions are unfavorable for creation or development of new group/clan with own server.

Viserys

ex team lead
I believe that I too can write my opinion here, because I was exactly in the same situation.

Three months ago I decided to organize my own Project in MB2. I purchased the server in Bulgaria, has prepared .cfg file, found the website on which I received the separate section, developed the strategy of control of the server and possibilities for advancement. However, after a couple of days after opening, the MB2 management removed the server from the server list without warning or explanation. I had to personally contact the leader of the community (@Viserys) to solve this problem. The reason was an incorrect use of the plugin on our part.

After that, the server was restored to the list and stayed there for about a week, then was again removed but this time due to the error of the owner of the master server.

At that time I was strongly busy and found out that the server is again removed from the list only after 13 days since it happened. All this time the server was idle for nothing.

Fortunately I paid for the server only for a month and did not manage to form administrators team yet. On the expiration of month I closed down the project as I believed that similar cases will repeat in the future. If such topics as this appear, then my assumptions were correct.

The problem is that owners of the most popular servers are the Community leaders or their friends. And I completely understand their logic - If you have the power and opportunity to remove your competitors, then to do it immediately is the only correct decision. I would do the same. If someone tells that he would not act this way, then he is a fool.

Since I do not have any power in this Community, nor do I have good friends among the MB2 leadership, owning my own server is unprofitable for me. Because you can not compete with someone who can get rid of you at any time.

Proceeding from it, and also after acquaintance with the problem described in this thread, it is possible to draw a conclusion that at the moment, the situation which prevailing in Community is unstable, and conditions are unfavorable for creation or development of new group/clan with own server.

You are interperting the facts to draw your own conclusions. Your server was initially removed because you decompiled a plugin, gave it your team's name and used it on your server, without the author's permission. I tried contacting the server owners to rectify this for a few days, but couldn't find out who it was (I asked around, didn't know it was you). The server was then removed from the list knowing that you would come to me, I would explain, you'd fix the issue, and I'd put the server back. Which is exactly what happened, within 10 minutes of our conversation.

The second removal was an accident as the adminstrator of the masterserver accidentally restored an older banlist. I tracked this down as soon as you informed me and apologised to you.

Under no circumstances is any server removed due to 'competition'. That is an absolutely untrue and ridiculous claim. If that's how you would think, I'm sorry, but we most certainly don't think that way.

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Side note - that font(/color?) is really hard to read for me. I know you like to keep up your robot persona here, but my poor human eyes start to hurt when I do. Please consider switching to something else.

Uh oh....This again....

Recap: When the devs pulled a stunt like this, taking a clan server off the master server list, I was the one that brought it up and forced them to have an argument in public to put it back up.

Summary:
Ok, so when Lou and company took Divine off the master list, I was outraged. It was basically because there had been a troll admin that didn't really give a shit, or should I say, loved not to give a shit, made it a point not to give a shit, about what he could and should not to do. That was his...role-play. I thought he was a schmuck then but, but, I didn't think it was appropriate for the devs to ban a populated server, the most popular at the time, the most popular rotation, in the US, (this was during the reign of dotf 24/7 NA) by Euro devs that only joined the server, *just because* the Midget had banned and challenged any dev to appear, so he could ban them too.

Which he did. Many of them. I giggle inside a bit:) Stupid bastard. Wonder if he still plays.

*moderated*

More context, pretty much on the fuck you list for the current dev team, so if I'm taking their side, you know you're fucking morons.

God damn, I'm actually starting to respect Achilles now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Butters

Donator
But it didn't validate the devs taking a popular server, which they didn't pay for, off a server list for a community that essentially, keeps it alive.

All I want to say about this is that this mod belongs to the devs (at least in the sense that they're the ones running the show). Since they own the master list, they can choose to remove any servers they want with or without reason, whether you or I like it or not. Thankfully, they choose to be pretty relaxed on forcing their will upon server owners. Now, I don't know about what happened with Divine and whatnot, I rarely ever pay attention to things that happen outside of AOD, but I personally think that this incident ultimately led to a good thing that happened for the MBII community as a whole.

Ok, so I was *moderated*.

Maybe this will be *moderated* again.

Doxxing others, for any reason, is unacceptable. Especially by people like, say, Paradine. Paradine? Whose he?

Exactly.

It is completely disgusting and unacceptable that such cowards are given any attention other than revilement.
Doxx me Paradine. Here I am.

Give me a reason.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Okay, I don't have time to babysit this thread any longer. The issue is resolved, topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.