Westar pistol charge shot lost after using flame thrower

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
isn't it the same with normal pistol charge? You can buffer the release by doing a roll to extend your charge because it blocks the animation.

That would be the same class of bug and based on the patch note above I'd expect it to be fixed. Be serious guys, this was very obviously a bug, the length of time it's around for doesn't do anything to legitimise it.

That would be the same class of bug and based on the patch note above I'd expect it to be fixed. Be serious guys, this was very obviously a bug, the length of time it's around for doesn't do anything to legitimise it.
Why not leave it in the game? Not a single person I know perceived it as a bug, but rather as a feature, and a pretty cool one at that. So shouldn't it stay as a feature? I definitely think it should, and I don't see a single downside for letting it stay.

And while we are on this topic of bugs, I've heard that the ARC instant melee getup bug is being turned into a feature and is not considered to be a bug anymore. Can you comment on this?

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Why not leave it in the game? Not a single person I know perceived it as a bug, but rather as a feature, and a pretty cool one at that. So shouldn't it stay as a feature? I definitely think it should, and I don't see a single downside for letting it stay.

Because it was only ever there as a bug, there wasn't even an effort to remove that specific instance of it, the whole class of bugs were fixed. It never was a feature. From a gameplay point of view it comes down to not gaining an advantage from making a mistake. If you have charged your pistols and then decide you need to use your flamethrower you don't get to make someone react to your flamethrower in order to sneak in your pistol shots. Frankly you're lucky that the mando isn't punished more for making a mistake.

And while we are on this topic of bugs, I've heard that the ARC instant melee getup bug is being turned into a feature and is not considered to be a bug anymore. Can you comment on this?

I'm not aware of any discussions about this at all. There might be some exploratory stuff in beta about this, but we havnt really as a team taken a look about the feedback on the build yet to decide what to keep and what to throw out. Anything in beta is pretty likely to change, it's very experimental at the moment and targeted for at the very earliest the patch after the upcoming one.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired

I'm not aware of any discussions about this at all. There might be some exploratory stuff in beta about this,
This issue hasn't been tinkered with at all no.

From a gameplay point of view it comes down to not gaining an advantage from making a mistake. If you have charged your pistols and then decide you need to use your flamethrower you don't get to make someone react to your flamethrower in order to sneak in your pistol shots. Frankly you're lucky that the mando isn't punished more for making a mistake.

Utter bollocks.

Jedi: MT -> gunner runs -> into push
Jedi/Sith: deflect -> gunner runs to evade -> into push
Sith: fake grip -> gunner runs to break connection -> into push
Jedi/Sith: miss swing -> into block, no damage taken
Jedi/Sith: miss everything -> into damage reduction, no damage taken
Jedi/Sith: fuck up everything -> into random head shot deflect
Jedi/Sith: ??? -> into insta-swing

If you want to say faking grip into push is smart play, then you cannot say using Westars and flame thrower isn't.

You may want to say that some of these outcomes can be avoided if the gunner played better. That is true. But by the same token the Jedi can avoid the Westar and flame thrower situation if he simply realises the two big glowing red lights stuck to the end of each pistol. That is the only telegraphed cue the Jedi needs to make the decision 'I should just run back'. Not, 'I should try pushing', or, 'I should try swinging'.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Awesome gimmick that was removed for no reason. It was not op

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Awesome gimmick that was removed for no reason. It was not op
I actually had a conversation with someone that said not being able to fire your wrist blaster or use flamethrower while charging your pistols killed any reason to use wrist blaster or flamethrower, but it's the other way around.

Charged shots don't do anything. They aren't going to eat through a meaningful amount of FP for the time it takes to fully charge them, and unless the Jedi is awful and doesn't swingblock on a swing, you're better off just using wrist blaster or flamethrower. Flamethrower will deal damage through block and wrist blaster deals really good FP damage compared to charged shots.

They might as well just remove charged westar shots. They're now officially useless.

Reactions: SK5

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Supa
You dare say 2x charged westars do no fp dmg, especially when the fp dmg is doubled on swingblock if the user has def2 (no1 uses def3). Also if you time your shot and predict the swing, the enemy might not even be able to swingblock in time.

And using this logic, shooting the jedi at all does nothing because the fp dmg is so low. If you get in double charge, fly away and keep shooting, you will be far closer killing that jedi than without the charge.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
@Supa
You dare say 2x charged westars do no fp dmg, especially when the fp dmg is doubled on swingblock if the user has def2 (no1 uses def3). Also if you time your shot and predict the swing, the enemy might not even be able to swingblock in time.

And using this logic, shooting the jedi at all does nothing because the fp dmg is so low. If you get in double charge, fly away and keep shooting, you will be far closer killing that jedi than without the charge.
I would say using wrist blaster over charged shots is more efficient. There's a chance both charged westar shots won't hit, and they wouldn't do as much damage as a WB shot in any case.

And yes, I don't actually shoot Jedi until they get to me. There's no point in having to reload during a fight with a Jedi and them being smart enough to take advantage of that.

I actually had a conversation with someone that said not being able to fire your wrist blaster or use flamethrower while charging your pistols killed any reason to use wrist blaster or flamethrower, but it's the other way around.

Charged shots don't do anything. They aren't going to eat through a meaningful amount of FP for the time it takes to fully charge them, and unless the Jedi is awful and doesn't swingblock on a swing, you're better off just using wrist blaster or flamethrower. Flamethrower will deal damage through block and wrist blaster deals really good FP damage compared to charged shots.

They might as well just remove charged westar shots. They're now officially useless.
wtf?

Do you realize the wrist blaster can also be used in firefights to damage your opponent while your pistols are charging?
And even if you fight a jedi, it's still better to blast them with a fat 50 dmg shot, rather than a weak-ass regular shot?

Stassin

Donator
On this topic, what do you guys think of wrist blaster, in terms of being OP or UP or fine ?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
@Supa
Expensive to have both wrist and flame. And you can reload while you fly
Why would I use flamethrower? Wrist blaster is superior in almost every way.

wtf?

Do you realize the wrist blaster can also be used in firefights to damage your opponent while your pistols are charging?
And even if you fight a jedi, it's still better to blast them with a fat 50 dmg shot, rather than a weak-ass regular shot?

You cannot charge your pistols and use wrist blaster at the same time. That's what this entire post is about. They removed it for some stupid reason when literally no one ever complained about it and while Jedi are at their strongest.

The entire point of my post is, I would rather fire that one fat shot than waste time charging my pistols. I can fire westars, pop a little WB in there, and continue firing.

Wrist laser is way too unreliable to be op or more efficient than westars imo. It has this weird dynamic aiming system based off your left arm, I think? Comes across as super jank to me, not really accurate in practice. At least with dual westars, you can go first person or even shimmy your aim left-to-right to somewhat make up for their unreliability, but there isn't an equivalent for wrist-laser afaik.

Personally, if I'm using dual westars, I'd rather preemptively charge westars throughout the round, so I can oneshot (or get a starting-advantage against) enemy gunners around corners before they have a chance to tap-dodge/blob/altfrag me, or oneshot jedi who force push/pull immediately on first sight. No way are they useless in my experience.

I'd rather have flame than wrist-laser so I can finish off low hp jedi near the end of the round, or for baiting a reaction (force push if they're bad for ez snipe, or jump-swing/speed) which is useful since its easier to bait jedi to waste their own fp than trying to drain their fp for them.

It's pretty bad but considered how overloaded mando is with op shit, its fine
this triggers me since porkins gets altfrag, dodge, and proj which basically negate everything a mando has except may be rocket