V1.4.8 Update Released & New Trailer!

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.8 Update

Many thanks to all the community members that helped film all those scenes for the trailer.
Couldn't have done it without you!

CHANGELOG
(12 December 2017)

General
  • New: Additional Voice Chat Commands
  • Fix/New: Soundset specific voice command replacements will now be used if present (add flag_simpleSiegeSounds to soundset entry in modeldata.cfg to use base game naming scheme).
  • Fix: Some proofreading for loading screen tips.
Maps
  • New: Christmas DOTFv2 (mb2_xmas_dotf) Pics
    • The Christmas DOTF has been updated to the new map. Happy Holidays!
  • New: Christmas Mustafar (mb2_xmas_mustafar)
    • The Christmas Mustafar map is now available on the main build. Happy Holidays!
  • Fix: Battle Over Coruscant (mb2_boc)
    • Fixed several spots where you could glitch out of the map.
    • Fixed some elevator door paths being incorrect when called from level 2 to level 1.
    • Fixed balcony in objective area that could be used to glitch through the wall.
    • Added a pit at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the event someone intentionally glitches out of the elevators.
    • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.
    • Added stingers similar to Lunarbase and DOTF.
  • Fix: Coruscant Chase (mb2_Coruscant_Chase)
    • Fixed several time wasting locations by moving outer walls inwards.
    • Fixed a few spots where you could glitch through walls
    • Added crusher flag to elevator to prevent it from being stopped.
    • Modified trigger for the outside elevator to landing pad so that you could not use it while standing on the exterior bracket.
  • Fix: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • Phasma on FA now has Rally.
Models
  • Fix: Krennic cape LoDs should no longer conflict, texture updates.
  • Change/New: Replaced Kylo Ren's no hood skin with new TLJ skin, added new helmetless TLJ skin.
  • Change/New: Replaced Poe's helmetless pilot skin with new TLJ skin, updated textures and icon.
  • Change: Finn TLJ texture adjustments.
  • Fix: Phasma's holster position for T21.
  • Change/Fix: Weight adjustment on Rey's head/jaw, updated textures.
  • Change: Increased volume of Maul Mandalorian soundset.
  • New: Added FWMB-10 as cosmetic replacement for T-21 on First Order Stormtroopers.
  • Change: Reduced volume of custom sounds on 'Skywalker' hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_boc.pk3
mb2_coruscant_chase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
(Watches trailer and see CW) (Cries)
CW will live on forever in our hearts.

Boi since when do ya'll make trailers for updates?
47a.jpg
It's more so just a trailer for the entire game. Feel free to like/share/subscribe/follow your mom on twitter on that shit! It's just there to help get the word out that we're still doing updates to the mod after 14 years.

Last edited:
The trailer is very well made, good job.

Let's see about the new voice commands though

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Finally a TLJ Kylo skin! Now if only taunts for all models were fixed so they actually match their movie characters, that would be great. I'm fed up wth current random taunts taken from mobile games, audiobooks or whatever.

EDIT: yup just tested, new Kylo has the same autistic taunts from mobile game.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Finally a TLJ Kylo skin! Now if only taunts for all models were fixed so they actually match their movie characters, that would be great. I'm fed up wth current random taunts taken from mobile games, audiobooks or whatever.
Agreed. I can look into this at some point.

Reactions: Nex

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Agreed. I can look into this at some point.
I mean, few years back most models have had their taunts correct that matched movie appearance. But since V.0 or later devs suddenly started to put some random taunts here and there for reasons unknown. For instance, why would they replace proper movie lines of Anakin EP3 models for ROTS PS2 ingame voice lines? Makes completely no sense at all. I just don't get it. Same goes for all other models across the MBII.

The trailer is fucking good, at last i will be able to send something to ppl who don't know MB2.
gg

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I mean, few years back most models have had their taunts correct that matched movie appearance. But since V.0 or later devs suddenly started to put some random taunts here and there for reasons unknown. For instance, why would they replace proper movie lines of Anakin EP3 models for ROTS PS2 ingame voice lines? Makes completely no sense at all. I just don't get it. Same goes for all other models across the MBII.
Yeah, I've noted this as well. Bothers me a lot. Now that I'm back, doing a smaller tasks one model at a time to sort these lines out will be on my shortlist whenever I feel like doing something, but can't dedicate a lot of time.

Reactions: Nex

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Maybe the Kylo soundpack can be improved with lines from Battlefront 2: MTX edition, can't say the same for unmasked kylo (for whatever reason Dice had an actor other than Adam Driver play unmasked Kylo, and he sounds horrible)

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Maybe the Kylo soundpack can be improved with lines from Battlefront 2: MTX edition, can't say the same for unmasked kylo (for whatever reason Dice had an actor other than Adam Driver play unmasked Kylo, and he sounds horrible)
How about no taunts from any games but just movies? Just stop this nonsense. The only models that should have their taunts taken from games are only the ones from other games such as Kotor.

Stassin

Donator
DAMN YOU this trailer stabs into my feeble heart and makes me want to play again *CRYYY*

Finaly the trailer!!! :D

It's good to see how the long sequence we were struggling to do "You snipe this one, and you do this very move here, and you walk that way etc etc etc" finaly look fast and it's all really short xD

Great job!!!