V1.4.8 Update Released & New Trailer!

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.8 Update

Many thanks to all the community members that helped film all those scenes for the trailer.
Couldn't have done it without you!

CHANGELOG
(12 December 2017)

General
  • New: Additional Voice Chat Commands
  • Fix/New: Soundset specific voice command replacements will now be used if present (add flag_simpleSiegeSounds to soundset entry in modeldata.cfg to use base game naming scheme).
  • Fix: Some proofreading for loading screen tips.
Maps
  • New: Christmas DOTFv2 (mb2_xmas_dotf) Pics
    • The Christmas DOTF has been updated to the new map. Happy Holidays!
  • New: Christmas Mustafar (mb2_xmas_mustafar)
    • The Christmas Mustafar map is now available on the main build. Happy Holidays!
  • Fix: Battle Over Coruscant (mb2_boc)
    • Fixed several spots where you could glitch out of the map.
    • Fixed some elevator door paths being incorrect when called from level 2 to level 1.
    • Fixed balcony in objective area that could be used to glitch through the wall.
    • Added a pit at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the event someone intentionally glitches out of the elevators.
    • Minor shader optimization for Detailed Shaders option.
    • Added stingers similar to Lunarbase and DOTF.
  • Fix: Coruscant Chase (mb2_Coruscant_Chase)
    • Fixed several time wasting locations by moving outer walls inwards.
    • Fixed a few spots where you could glitch through walls
    • Added crusher flag to elevator to prevent it from being stopped.
    • Modified trigger for the outside elevator to landing pad so that you could not use it while standing on the exterior bracket.
  • Fix: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • Phasma on FA now has Rally.
Models
  • Fix: Krennic cape LoDs should no longer conflict, texture updates.
  • Change/New: Replaced Kylo Ren's no hood skin with new TLJ skin, added new helmetless TLJ skin.
  • Change/New: Replaced Poe's helmetless pilot skin with new TLJ skin, updated textures and icon.
  • Change: Finn TLJ texture adjustments.
  • Fix: Phasma's holster position for T21.
  • Change/Fix: Weight adjustment on Rey's head/jaw, updated textures.
  • Change: Increased volume of Maul Mandalorian soundset.
  • New: Added FWMB-10 as cosmetic replacement for T-21 on First Order Stormtroopers.
  • Change: Reduced volume of custom sounds on 'Skywalker' hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_boc.pk3
mb2_coruscant_chase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I mean, few years back most models have had their taunts correct that matched movie appearance. But since V.0 or later devs suddenly started to put some random taunts here and there for reasons unknown. For instance, why would they replace proper movie lines of Anakin EP3 models for ROTS PS2 ingame voice lines? Makes completely no sense at all. I just don't get it. Same goes for all other models across the MBII.

Probably because there were no other good quality sounds available at that point. I mean you know, music playing, noises and scratches in the background etc. So a clear one from a game still sounded better. It only bothers me in case of Krennic since his game actor has nothing to do with the movie actor's voice.
But such as Obi-Wan is just fine I think. The game actor has pretty similar voice to Ewan McGregor's. Plus, the same person happened to be his dubbing voice in TCW. The Ep2 Obi had one line from that for years, which nobody bothered or noticed. Referring to resemblance.
Anakin is kind of mehish though. Kylo seems okay at this point.

On the side note, there's one line of Count Dooku from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring as Saruman (RIP Sir Christopher Lee) and there are also some Qui-Gon taunts from other Liam Neeson movies if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Probably because there were no other good quality sounds available at that point. I mean you know, music playing, noises and scratches in the background etc. So a clear one from a game still sounded better. It only bothers me in case of Krennic since his game actor has nothing to do with the movie actor's voice.
But such as Obi-Wan is just fine I think. The game actor has pretty similar voice to Ewan McGregor's. Plus, the same person happened to be his dubbing voice in TCW. The Ep2 Obi had one line from that for years, which nobody bothered or noticed. Referring to resemblance.
Anakin is kind of mehish though. Kylo seems okay at this point.

No, it does not sound better at all. Scratches and noises in the background were never a problem back in the days as long as you could hear the lines. That's a ridiculous excuse. It was even better because it gave the deeper immersion, felt more like the movie experience. Everything got out of place the moment some developer decided to ninja replace good old taunts few patches back to suit his own preferences without asking anybody opinion on it. I just wonder who that might have been.

new christmas dotf seems to crash after like 15 rounds
Yup, it's even worse. I just crashed after 10 mins on normal dotf too. Something is off with this update. I played like 2h in total today and crashed like 5-6 times already.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
No, it does not sound better at all. Scratches and noises in the background were never a problem back in the days as long as you could hear the lines. That's a ridiculous excuse. It was even better because it gave the deeper immersion, felt more like the movie experience. Everything got out of place the moment some developer decided to ninja replace good old taunts few patches back to suit his own preferences without asking anybody opinion on it. I just wonder who that might have been.

In terms of quality it does sound better. The digital base audio file will always be better than the subsequently recorded material.
Furthermore let's face it, all the movies combined not necessarily have enough audio material to fill up the gaps according to JKA voice standards. Especially in case of prequel Obi-Wan whose sounds are divided into three movies, thus three folders. It's no coincidence Darth Maul has sounds from either the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic) game and The Clone Wars animated series. Same goes for Jango Fett and Boba Fett who were pretty much muted if not reaching out to game sounds. Not to mention the clonetroopers.

Plus, the sounds you mean are not lost, they're still there (minus scratches) and others were added besides the ones we had earlier. If your problem is that sounds are attached to one character but from multiple actors, fine. About the rest, you can't be serious.
If it wasn't an issue, it wasn't changed. By saying deeper immersion and stuff it becomes a subjective matter. Your fancy opinion. It's like integrating map music (or sound effects) right out of the movie along the actors' dialogue lines in the background. As long as you can hear the music (or shooting / grenades blowing up) it doesn't matter since it feels more of a movie experience, right? Referring to personal preference.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
In terms of quality it does sound better. The digital base audio file will always be better than the subsequently recorded material.
Furthermore let's face it, all the movies combined not necessarily have enough audio material to fill up the gaps according to JKA voice standards. Especially in case of prequel Obi-Wan whose sounds are divided into three movies, thus three folders. It's no coincidence Darth Maul has sounds from either the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic) game and The Clone Wars animated series. Same goes for Jango Fett and Boba Fett who were pretty much muted if not reaching out to game sounds. Not to mention the clonetroopers.

Plus, the sounds you mean are not lost, they're still there (minus scratches) and others were added besides the ones we had earlier. If your problem is that sounds are attached to one character but from multiple actors, fine. About the rest, you can't be serious.
If it wasn't an issue, it wasn't changed. By saying deeper immersion and stuff it becomes a subjective matter. Your fancy opinion. It's like integrating map music (or sound effects) right out of the movie along the actors' dialogue lines in the background. As long as you can hear the music (or shooting / grenades blowing up) it doesn't matter since it feels more of a movie experience, right? Referring to personal preference.
Dude you don't get it. Changing original character taunt that fit his movie representation since b17 and ninja replacing it with some mobile game autistic lines is far from personal preference. Adding them to the existing ones and mixing up is beyond stupid. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Just take a listen of Krennic and Kylo unmasked, what the hell is this? I do realize you cannot seperate background noises from dialogs in the lines cut out from the movie but that's not a reason to change some of them entirely with different line from other games. For that matter, MBII shouldn't use lines taken from any games that happen in same era/time period as the new and old trilogy, because you can just take them from the movies directly instead. Simple logic. And it was just like that to V.0+, untill some random dev deiced to make ninja adjustments. I mean, what a "great mind" he must have been to take out K2 Canderous Ordo/Mandalore lines and assign them for.. Shadowtrooper (RGB one), like wtf? Shadowtropper has always had original taunts in both JO and JKA so why change them on the frst place? The list goes on and on of course, it's just one example.
And again, the only models that should have their taunts taken from other sources than the movies are characters from Kotor and The Clone Wars series. I.e respectively, taunts for bastila/malak/nihilus/ etc from kotor series and taunts for Ahsoka only from the clone wars episodes.

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
bit more info on the crashing please: jamp or openjk? do you have any crash logs in your Gamedata folder from today? which map did you crash on?

bit more info on the crashing please: jamp or openjk? do you have any crash logs in your Gamedata folder from today? which map did you crash on?

new christmas dotf seems to crash after like 15 rounds

don't have a crash log but I play jamp and it always happens at round start

*edit* oh maybe it happens on every map now. Game is unplayable atm

Last edited: