V1.4.5 Update Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by Viserys, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunman121

Gunman121

That's odd, a "retired" member of the MB2 team saying a general "dickish" comment on a new update. That doesn't happen often, people are usually pretty mature about handling their own petty buisness.

> see's donald Trump avatar

oh okay, that explains it.

Anyways, glad to see this is still going strong with active development. Look forward to trying Tempest changes.

2. Jorge-Fonseca

Jorge-Fonseca Venom Big Boss Coder Movie Battles II Team Retired

Gunman121 it was I that had to come out of retirement and verified that the code was in violation of GPL, and it bothered me ever since so I was glad that the current MBII team finally took care of that.

Considering that the owner of the code, cannabis called you, ent, on using 'stolen code' belonging to him, and it turned out that such was the case (the code was copy paste minus the GPL notices meaning the time was taken to remove the GPL notices from the code...so you knew the code was GPL and still used it...) I'd say I have to agree with the owner's choice of words on this one...

Anyway ordeal is over and afaik all parties are satisfied so life can go on.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. Gunman121

Gunman121

Neat?

Ordeal is over! but let me make at least two posts trying to make others look bad, and myself look good.

4. ent

ent Movie Battles II Team

Where did he call me on using 'stolen code'?
    Proofs, please.
    And actual proofs, please, where you can quote him.
    Many people told he "said" something, but never attached proofs.
    I've never seen a single word from CaNaBiS since 2013.

That code is in public access. You phisically cannot steal it when it's public.
    The issue was the license violation, not code stealing.
    If it was private then yes, I'd steal it.

Chaos the Chaotic likes this.
  5. Spaghetti

Spaghetti *Sigh* Project Leader Movie Battles II Team Assets Leader

This is startlingly revisionist. You didn't 'have to' come out of retirement and verify anything. The investigation and resolution would have happened anyway by the active team had we been given a proper notification and chance to respond. You contributed nothing of value and helped ratchet up the drama and tension at a difficult time. You have nothing to be proud of here.

[SO]Bane, Jameson, k4far and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.