Suggestions, Rockets And Grenades

We were playing, a crazy fight out there, I threw a sonic and he threw a rocket, both arrived at the same time on the battlefield, And the sonic exploded and finished up with rocket blowing up the 3 sniper there!

Why can´t this happen? Sonic are very low used atm against other shooters, can´t we add another function to them? Maybe blow up rockets or (Crazy idea) another nades?

Grenades, why can we only push them? They´re very fast and hard to aim at, soo why don´t we add a new feacture that makes grenades possible to be pushable by shots? and maybe exploded by them (Only projcetile rifle and ruptor).

And there should be one way to pull (Not push) friendly grenades and rockets, there is no why for don´t do it, it is hard and can be greatly reward if someone does it the right way.

English isn´t my native, as you can see!

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
But, but, quickthrow is hero thing, isn't it? Also, blowing things up via remotely-activated detonation (blow it just now, or wait a little more so more of them get in blow range, risking they spot it?), is much more fun that setting sonic mine and have it explode loudly.

Cheers,
/Cat Lady

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Quickthrow was a lot more valuable an ability when contact primary grenades existed, but now you're forced to get QT2 for it to be of any use.

Cat Lady

Well, sometimes, I actually enjoy throwing super-fast primary nades, that (weaker) siths are unable to push. But agreed, most of the time it is 2 or nothing.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Isn't there any chance of mb2 team to implement the sonic grenade exloding rockets?
We haven't really discussed it. Sonic grenades do lack the ability to make a real impact the way fire grenades do, but I don't think this is it.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I could probably think of a couple ways, but I'd have to do research on how sonic explosions affect things in the real world first. Not so much so it's realistic, but because it would give me a better idea of what it will do, something I'm not very familiar with at the moment.

Well obviously the sonic grenades are meant to incapacitate the enemy for a while and the fire grenades are meant to do damage whilst the user is on fire. I think the fire grenades are more powerful because they both incapacitate and do damage. When someone is on fire they panic and have to roll to extinguish the flames. When they are rolling they are incapacitated for a brief moment and get out of position, potentially into enemy fire. I think that is where the problem is.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The problem is both grenades are designed to be crowd controls, but fire grenades does a better job at holding the enemy back than sonic grenades do of providing opportunities to move and displace the enemy team.

Well I suppose because when someone gets hit with a sonic grenade they can still move where they want to, i.e behind cover. When you're on fire you have to roll immediately otherwise you're dead.

Plus the majority of firefights happen in corridors and if there's fire ahead then the only people who can get through are Jedi. This should also be a pro for the sonic grenade as more people will become incapacitated because of the small space but there is still objects or places they can go for cover.

Last edited:
Hey! I have an idea!
Fire is very powerfull because it stays on ground for a long time, what if sonics does that too?
Sonic should spend 15 points for each, but now it keeps exploding during 3 seconds after first time.
If threw (Left button) it will explode in 2 seconds and explode again on 3 and again on 5 (the explosion on 5th second will last longer than the others two)
If mined (Right button) it will explode when someone comes closer and will pulse 4 times, one at each second (1 - 2 - 3 - 5) the final explosion will last longer than the others 3!

What do you think?

@Fergus: I think that the 2nd and 3rd explosion would screw rebs often, so it shouldn't be implemented. As it was said before, rebs usually gain ground after using a sonic. For example you threw it in tjunc, imps ran out of tjunc (after getting sonic'd) and rebs can enter. With your idea when rebs enter they incapacitate themselves too, imps will recover sooner than rebs and they are able to take back tjunc. The other option for rebs is not to advance in the first place, and then the 2nd and 3rd explosion doesn't effect anyone.

I once used sonic ET builds regularly, and I felt too that sonics are kinda weak. It's a very strong support tool however, especially if you have a jedi or maybe a fury wookie (even more with a speed jedi) with you, they will rush down the panicing imps and slay them. If it's only gunners (3 or more) vs 1 bh, you often gain nothing (except for pushing him back) after using sonic on him, since they're so fast. It can also create an embarassing moment for the rebel team when they are unable to hit the randomly running bh and even tk each other while trying to chase their victim. For missing you don't necessarily need to have bad aim, since the victim will be focusing on dodging the shots (since he can't focus on shooting back), mixing up his movement as well as he can. You need solid prediction/read on how the enemy will move, so you can hit him. (except for soldiers, who are slow unless they have cc 2 oh and mandos too)

Sometimes I thought that somehow you should nerf the movement of the victim, because it's often very easy to get away, for example slow them down a little (70%), or mix up their "wasd" directions, I mean for w they would go back and for s they would go forward. Though sonics are fine as they are at the moment in my opinion for 10 points. Sonic becomes better the better your team is, with a weak team it's not really worth to get sonic. Fire nades will be better in most players view, because you can get kills with it much more easily. With sonic mostly you will just wound your opponents before they get to safety or one of your teammates gets the kill, which k/d hunters don't like. (and of course rarely kill someone with the detonation of the sonic) Also we could compare fire and sonic in situations when you are alone against many. Sonic will just delay your death, meanwhile with fire nade you can burn everyone including yourself, but at least you did some damage to the enemy. 1v1 is another story and they can have various outcomes, but I think that in 1v1 sonic is better than fire overall.

Btw to be on topic, I would like the idea of sonics detonating rockets. :D

The point I was trying to make @Supa is that the fire grenades do more than it was intended to do, I think anyway. You mentioned that the sonic grenades are there to displace an enemy team but the fire grenades can do that as well, if it's thrown properly. People also get kills with the fire grenades, to a lot of people kills are more inportant than assists.

I suppose you could alter the spread of the fire when the grenade explodes so people don't get caught on fire when it initially explodes, but still stops the team from advancing through. Or beef up sonic grenades someway but I'm not sure how you could do that without making them too op.

Cat Lady

I agree that biggest problem with sonic nades is the full-speed that the "incapacitated" victims can run with. Somehow, they lose control over their hands, but their legs are working waaay to good... ;)

@Fergus: I think that the 2nd and 3rd explosion would screw rebs often, so it shouldn't be implemented. As it was said before, rebs usually gain ground after using a sonic. For example you threw it in tjunc, imps ran out of tjunc (after getting sonic'd) and rebs can enter. With your idea when rebs enter they incapacitate themselves too, imps will recover sooner than rebs and they are able to take back tjunc. The other option for rebs is not to advance in the first place, and then the 2nd and 3rd explosion doesn't effect anyone.

Hey, yeah, I think you're right, but what if someone throws the grenade soo strongly that it pass thru "3 enemies" and in the air it explodes one time, explode another before reaching her end point (behind the imps) and explodes 2 times there? Would be great because it would stun for a bit time people close to you (At your front) and will keep stunning them if they try to run (If they get to close to sonic they receive 20 dmg)

If this is implemented in future, it would have soo much applications and ways to use it as fire grenade!

With fire you can keep them from advancing, retreating, can use as close range to save you... Just like this new sonic!

Pulse grenades, as far as I'm aware, do not prematurely detonate other grenades and rockets in the vicinity of the explosion. That would be my recommendation.
Btw, I tried that, yes, if timed correctly pulse explode rockets (Friendly and non friendly!)

What about adding some sort of debuff for a short while (after the initial effects), when someone gets hit with a sonic grenade. Like one of these:-
  • Disabling the radar
  • Movement speed
  • Accuracy
  • Etc, etc...
    (You catch my drift)

What about adding some sort of debuff for a short while (after the initial effects), when someone gets hit with a sonic grenade. Like one of these:-
  • Disabling the radar
  • Movement speed
  • Accuracy
  • Etc, etc...
    (You catch my drift)

Cool, What about sonic slow down the reload time by 1/2 for 10 seconds?