Suggestions, Rockets And Grenades

We were playing, a crazy fight out there, I threw a sonic and he threw a rocket, both arrived at the same time on the battlefield, And the sonic exploded and finished up with rocket blowing up the 3 sniper there!

Why can´t this happen? Sonic are very low used atm against other shooters, can´t we add another function to them? Maybe blow up rockets or (Crazy idea) another nades?

Grenades, why can we only push them? They´re very fast and hard to aim at, soo why don´t we add a new feacture that makes grenades possible to be pushable by shots? and maybe exploded by them (Only projcetile rifle and ruptor).

And there should be one way to pull (Not push) friendly grenades and rockets, there is no why for don´t do it, it is hard and can be greatly reward if someone does it the right way.

English isn´t my native, as you can see!

Sniping grenades would be neat but it might not work out all that well on this engine. Programmers might know better.

I'd like to see pull do more in this game than just steal guns, but I don't think that there'd be all that many situations where you'd rather pull a grenade than push it, or just leave it where it is if pushing it means it's going to hit a friend.

Pulling friendly grenades is kind of complicated. The game sets teams for the grenades. So when a grenade is thrown by an ally, it's considered an ally. Only when the grenade is pushed by an enemy, the grenade becomes neutral. They maybe could be set to neutral even when thrown by an ally, but that's not good game design and can cause really annoying situations like someone pushing an enemy just when someone's throwing a grenade, the push probably screwing up the trajectory of said grenade. Just more TKs or team-caused failures. Already having enough with team kills and being blocked by people when trying to run for cover.

The same applies to rockets. I think they actually shot down the idea because it would be ridiculously OP for someone to push a rocket at you from another hallway, then you push it at the unsuspecting enemies before you, who can't hear the rocket until they see it, thanks to the bad sound engine. This leaves them hardly a second to react.

One thing I'd like to see pull be able to do is have a bigger effect on flying mandalorians. Push can push them but pull affects their velocity very little.

would it be okay to give concussion grenades secondary fire quickthrow (like pulses)? currently having to hold to throw far cooks them a bit too much

Polak, are you talking about a concussion grenade that will work like a normal one but stick on the walls?
Like this?

0:00 Pressed right button (Begin 4 sec timer)
0:00 - 0:01 grenade charge time for long launches
0:02 Release grenade
0:03 Stick on a wall
0:04 Explode

no, i'm talking hold LMB to cook relase to throw, press RMB to throw with maximum force
just like EMP nades

Last edited:
I don´t think It would be a good idea, why would someone use it? a grenade who will take 4 seconds to explode in a 0.5 meter radius? I think my idea of the sonic + concussion is acepptable, no?

about the sticky grenade - it would only make sense if it worked as a proximity mine, not sure if balanced

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Or, just Arc? They already have it, why complicate things.

Are you talking about pulse grenade?
But atm it don´t emp rockets and grenades, what do you suggest?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Pulse grenades, as far as I'm aware, do not prematurely detonate other grenades and rockets in the vicinity of the explosion. That would be my recommendation.

Think if you've ever played Killing Floor, what the Siren's scream does to grenades and explosives, but applied to Pulse Grenades/Rockets.

But pulses atm would not be good against rockets and grenade because of their EXTENSIVE radius, there should be a option where you press the style swap button and the grenade becomes a emp, where you throw it and press again to explode (Sonic radius) and explode others grenades/rockets there.

Cat Lady

I would *love* to have detpacks for some underused reb classes (c'mon, right now Imps got almost all interesting classes - interesting doesn't necessary mean Op or powerful). Making traps would add a lot novelty to the game.

To balance it, maybe placed detpacks could glow (also through walls) when used with sense 3? No one uses sense 3, now.

Rebs already have sonic grenades! But they aren't very used because can be easily countered (it is very predictable, can be pushed and if used as mine, destroyed or dodged). I would love to use those like quick throw grenades, you can use while you are with another weapon.

To balance it, maybe the price should go up to 15 points? (Like fire grenade)